• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CAredwingsfan91

Stanley Cup.

Rate this topic

I don't know why but for the longest time I've always felt that if our boys were to get eliminated from the cup I would want to see the Rangers win it, even before shanahan signed there. Being mexican american I'm a huge fan of Gomez so that would just make me want to see them win it more, druy is a hell of a American player as well. just had to get that off my chest haha but of course all you guys know the Wings come first no matter what.

Speaking of getting things off ones chest. This whole 'Rangers are favourites to Wing to Cup' thing is pissing me off. Half the guys in the Edmonton Journal think they will win the east, and countless others think they will at least make it to the finals. Last time I checked, there defense was sub par...AT BEST. Malik and Rozival are decent, and Staal will be good in a few years, but the D-line is thin other then that. I think we all know defense is a big, if not the biggest part of winning championships, and the Rangers defense is weaker then even the Edmonton Oilers'.

But hey - not knockin' you for liking them, I just don't think its realistic for all these broadcasters and reporters to jump on the Rangers bandwagon just cause they signed Drury - who had a careaer year last year at whopping 69 points, and will not duplicate it - and Gomez, who has scored more then 19 goals ONCE in his 7 year career. Not worth all the hype in my opinion.

I dunno, I think you have to like any team that can boast Shanny, Jagr, Drury, and Gomez, and a quality young goaltender to boot. When it comes to real strong contenders in the Eastern Conference, the pickings are a tad slim as Buffalo has regressed and the good-looking up-and-comers (Pittsburgh, Atlanta, etc.) aren't really ready for the big time. Philly needs to gel, Montreal's not deep enough, the Devils still have no offense at all.....you get the picture. Probably the other half of the Edmonton Journal crew likes the Sens, am I right?