• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Jordin Tootoo at it again....and its only game 1

Rate this topic

I'm not that worked up that he didn't take his helmet off, it doesn't always happen, when guys do set up, remove the helemt and start swinging, thats about as good as it gets.

What does irritate me to the umpteenth degree, is that Tootoo doesn't even bother squaring up most of the time. He acts like he's skating away avoiding a fight and then all of a sudden swings around with a monster SUCKER-punch like a gutless little f***.

The issue most people have isn't about removing helmets its the sucker-punching. About as classless of a move as possible in any walk of life and it really shows his level of character which happens to be piss-poor.

In another thread someone suggested removing the 4th line from the NHL. Tootoo is a great argument for that idea.

He's the embodiment of the worst kind of 4th liner and a negative trend in the NHL. He's not sound defensively, he has no offensive upside, so he's basically an agitator. Except the way he agitates is largely through questionable hits and cheapshots.

He's going to continue to run guys and try and hurt them because it's all he really has to offer at the NHL level. And he's been rewarded for it, as it's kept him on the Preds for two seasons now. If in his 8 minutes of ice time he hurts and opponent, then I guess they figure he's helped them win.

There were some of Tootoo's teammates (2 of them are in Philly now) that would speak openly about how his game (2-2) was borderline cheap, especially on the hits when he leaves his feet to try to hit someone high. When he was brought up the center of attraction was centered on his ethnic background moreso than his actual game (Before the resident Pred fan says anything, I was a resident in Nashville when Tootoo was brought up to stay) he really doesn't draw that many penalties, but at times hurts the Predators with his own lack of judgement and taking dumb penalties at bad times (playoffs come to mind past 2 seasons) he's not that great of an agitator, I dont see him staying around in the league for long, his style of play is hard on his body, (especially shoulders and hips) plus from what people around the team say, he doesn't work that hard on improving his areas that he lacks in, say OFFENSIVE SKILLS. I will say one thing in his favor, the man sees more a** than a truck stop toilet. I still have contacts in Nashville that do have season tickets, their assessment of the Tootoo fight.... "nothing special" and "typical Tootoo trying to land the first one" His game speaks for itself, therefore theres not much to speak of.

he is such a cheap-shot pansy... I would love to see a guy like Laraque, Brashear or Boogard just DESTROY him...

Last time he tried taking on a legit tough-guy, Reed Low pounded him pretty bad. You won't see this guy fighting any of those you have listed above.

He was a pest last night, won a fight, didn't take any stupid penalties and actually played a decent game. Not much else you can ask for from the agitator.

No he didn't win that fight, neither did Lapierriere, wasn't much of a fight at all. Tootoo did attack first as usual.

anyone who watches that video will have to disagree with you. Lapperriere's gloves came off at the same time, Tootoo was just quicker to the draw.

I think thats debateable.

Can you tell Section 303 that the Predators have been around for a decade now, perhaps they can go over to Antioch, Hendersonville or Mt. Juliet and get some new high school cheers?

WE SHOOT WE SCORE YOU SUCK

<insert goalie name, repeat 3 times > YOU SUCK ! ITS ALL YOUR FAULT ITS ALL YOUR FAULT.... <opposing goalie could be 2 seconds from shutting out Nashville and this would get chanted> I know, Ive been there to hear it.

IM BLIND IM DEAF I WANT TO BE A REF

Nice to see that you removed RED WINGS SUCK from your Predators profile signature on the Preds page.

This is not a flame against you, just those potato heads in Section 303.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Thank you for this clip! I official bury any beef we may have. In fact, I gotta go back and watch that clip about 15 more times. :clap::clap:

No worries Ian. One thing about me is that I don't usually hold a grudge. I'd rather have at it full bore and then go get a beer and laugh it off. I only seem like an ******* most of the time. I'm really just a regular guy who is always right about everything. Remember that and we'll be BFF's!!!! :D

Your right Tootoo is an *******, but guess what that's his job. I saw nothing wrong with what he did there. I have always liked Tootoo though with his play at the World Junior tounament for Canada so perhaps my opinion is a little biased. He has done some dumb things in the past, but this isn't one of them.

Barch could have pounded him last night.

Once he got the jersey over Tootoo's head he just let the linesmen break it up.

I'll give ToolTool credit for taking on a big boy but I hope he gave Barch some beer money for not wiping the ice with him.

I won't argue that Tootoo is a dirty player.

I won't argue that he doesn't fight by the code.

But here is what I will argue:

When you are trying to start a fight, it's for a reason. Either to get your team going, or to even a score, it's something of that nature. Now, for whatever reason Lappy wanted to dance with Tootoo (I don't know, I didn't see the game), he does know who Tootoo is. Tootoo's reputation leaves no need for introduction.

My problem is this. Lappy should have been ready for Tootoo to do exactly what he did. Everyone knows he doesn't fight by the code. So you have to be ready for whatever may happen. If you aren't, that's on you. So arguing that Tootoo should have squared up, and fought by the code it moot. That's like asking Alex Trebek if you can buy a vowel.

And about the haffie. I could not disagree more with the reasoning for taking the helmet off. Yes, it can hurt the opposing player. But any 'advantage' this creates is moot when you consider the fact that more times that not the haffie does more damage to the guy wearing it, than the guy punching it. A haffie should be taken off to protect yourself. If you try to fight with a haffie on, odds are you are going to get cut pretty badly.

Also, I forgot who mentioned it, and who said it was wrong. But there is an extra penalty given for being an instigator when you wear facial protection. Rule 47.6

When you are trying to start a fight, it's for a reason. Either to get your team going, or to even a score, it's something of that nature. Now, for whatever reason Lappy wanted to dance with Tootoo (I don't know, I didn't see the game), he does know who Tootoo is. Tootoo's reputation leaves no need for introduction.

My problem is this. Lappy should have been ready for Tootoo to do exactly what he did. Everyone knows he doesn't fight by the code. So you have to be ready for whatever may happen. If you aren't, that's on you. So arguing that Tootoo should have squared up, and fought by the code it moot. That's like asking Alex Trebek if you can buy a vowel.

And about the haffie. I could not disagree more with the reasoning for taking the helmet off. Yes, it can hurt the opposing player. But any 'advantage' this creates is moot when you consider the fact that more times that not the haffie does more damage to the guy wearing it, than the guy punching it. A haffie should be taken off to protect yourself. If you try to fight with a haffie on, odds are you are going to get cut pretty badly.

Also, I forgot who mentioned it, and who said it was wrong. But there is an extra penalty given for being an instigator when you wear facial protection. Rule 47.6

So because a guy is a gutless cheapshotting weasel, it's your own fault for not anticipating him cheapshotting you at any given moment? :blink:

So because a guy is a gutless cheapshotting weasel, it's your own fault for not anticipating him cheapshotting you at any given moment? :blink:

HUH?! :unsure:

Here is a simple question: When you see the ice cream truck, what do you expect? That's right, ice cream. If you expect anything else, it is your own fault for not seeing and assessing the situation.

Just as the ice cream truck brings ice cream, Tootoo the cheap shot artist brings cheap shots. What's so hard to understand?

Here is a simple question: When you see the ice cream truck, what do you expect? That's right, ice cream. If you expect anything else, it is your own fault for not seeing and assessing the situation.

Just as the ice cream truck brings ice cream, Tootoo the cheap shot artist brings cheap shots. What's so hard to understand?

If you seriously think that's sound reasoning, there's really no point in arguing it with you.

Ok, so i'm watching the Aves game and Lappy is chasing Tootoo around to get him to go. Now instead of telling Lappy "ok, let's go" and backing off so they can shed their gear Tootoo turns and hauls off much like he did on Stephan Robidas last year.

Keep in mind Jordin wears a visor and Lappy is a very honorable fighter. Lappy didn't try to jump Tootoo, he was just goading him into going. All Tootoo had to do was nod to him, step back and take off his helmet and have a fair go.

Instead he does what Jordin Tootoo always does (Robidas, Ryan Clowe, etc..) This guy is a disgrace.

It's about 3/4 the way through the video, Tootoo drops his gloves and wheels around with a wicked right that just misses Lappy's chin. At this point Lappy doesn't even have his gloves off thanks to Tootoo taking the honorable, albeit obligatory Tootoo head start in a fight.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/36555

Tootoo is a shady bastard. He can take a punch though... remember this?

I hate Tootoo, always have always will... and no matter what anyone says, he is a cheapshot artist. But for me, in fights like this one and many others, I take issue, not with the fact the Tootoo hides behind his visor, but the fact that he rarely ever squares off with his opponent like a man, its almost always a GLOVED sucker punch to start it off. I'd love to see Tootoo square off, circle, and jump into fisticuffs with a honorable fight, like an honorable fighter. Anyone can skate like they are minding their own business, spin the wagon, and clock a poor sucker with his glove....

Tootoo is a shady bastard. He can take a punch though... remember this?

Notice how Clowe wasn't paying attention to Tootoo and yet Jordin starts swinging away at a guy who ain't looking for the first 5 punches or so

Notice how Clowe wasn't paying attention to Tootoo and yet Jordin starts swinging away at a guy who ain't looking for the first 5 punches or so

Notice how Clowe is teamed up with Grier on Hartnell? Fair, right?

Guest micah
Ulf Sammuelsson

I'm gonna start a petition to get the Wings to retire his jersey, just so I can point to it on the rafters next time someone starts yapping about what a classy organisation this is that only brings in classy guys. I live in green Bay Packer country, and it was sickening the way Packer fans would talk about the Dallas Cowboys being a team of criminals in the '90s - when just a decade earlier the Packers had Mossy Cade and James Lofton. I love my Wings, but I hate homer fans.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I'd be willing to bet that i've been in more hockey fights than probably most people on this board combined. Well, i'd like my chances anyway. That being said, you're assessment of being ready for the cheapshot at all times given the player is complete dogs***. Obviously you have no practical experience with this subject.

One need only look at some of Tootoo's other fights in which he says to the other player that he'll go, steps back, takes off the cap and gloves and squares off. He doesn't throw a sucker punch every single fight. The problem is there's no rhyme or reason to it. Most of the time he's okay. Its like that one out of 3 or 4 times that he's a ******.

If you're the guy wanting to fight Tootoo, you do what all honorable guys do, you ask him to dance and you give him the opportunity to oblige you. You'd look pretty stupid asking him to dance from 10 feet away or chasing him around with your stick up and arms stretched way out in front of you to avoid potentially being cheap shotted.

Sounds to me like you'd rather blame the victim. You took the same position with McAmmond and Downie, laying the fault on McAmmond for not keeping his head up.

Notice how Clowe is teamed up with Grier on Hartnell? Fair, right?

Are either of Clowe or Grier throwing haymakers at Hartnell's exposed face? Nope. Hartnell was covering, wearing a helmet with a visor and protecting himself. Clowe was trying to get at Hartnell when Tootoo saw a clean opening to just drill him in the face when he wasn't looking.

I'll give you a point for mentioning an ice cream truck. The Lang fan in me likes ice cream.

Gotta have eyes on the back of your head when Tootoo's on the ice (keep yur elbows up, & yur stick high to protect yourself :ph34r: ).....Wasn't any different with guys like Kasparitis, Claude Lemieux, Tikkanen (sp), & Ulf Sammuelsson.

True. But that doesn't make it right. Just a sad, sad fact that some players have no class and some fans believe classless hockey is justified by the results.

Are either of Clowe or Grier throwing haymakers at Hartnell's exposed face? Nope. Hartnell was covering, wearing a helmet with a visor and protecting himself. Clowe was trying to get at Hartnell when Tootoo saw a clean opening to just drill him in the face when he wasn't looking.

Hartnell was the target of the fight I believe, as he threw the simultaneous knee/elbow that dropped Cheechoo, took out a tooth, and caused him to miss a game. He was suspended one game for that. Bernier was also boarded... it was a dirty series on the Nashville side. Despite the outcome, the Wings/Sharks series was amazing to watch and was just great hockey (until the end of game 4! haha)

I think the reason there were so many fights in the preseason (120, http://www.hockeyfights.com/stats/ ) were a response to this kind of dirty play nad the Ducks gooning it up as they won the Cup.

Speaking of fights, the DET/EDM game today should be interesting, they've adopted the Ducks style of play, complete with the knee. This is from the SJS/EDM game a week ago that we lost in a shootout. TOrres has been on a mission lately.

Edited by Defenseman13

Speaking of fights, the DET/EDM game today should be interesting, they've adopted the Ducks style of play, complete with the knee. This is from the SJS/EDM game a week ago that we lost in a shootout. TOrres has been on a mission lately.

:blink: Holy s***! Torres looked like a speed-freak who just lost his stash. :huh: That was effing wild stuff. Like- Jordin "I'm just freaking out of control and happen to be wearing skates" Tootoo's bat-s*** crazy fighting style.

I'll give you a point for mentioning an ice cream truck. The Lang fan in me likes ice cream.

True. But that doesn't make it right. Just a sad, sad fact that some players have no class and some fans believe classless hockey is justified by the results.

Great point. And you like ice-cream. You're quality in my book.

I'd be willing to bet that i've been in more hockey fights than probably most people on this board combined. Well, i'd like my chances anyway. That being said, you're assessment of being ready for the cheapshot at all times given the player is complete dogs***. Obviously you have no practical experience with this subject.

One need only look at some of Tootoo's other fights in which he says to the other player that he'll go, steps back, takes off the cap and gloves and squares off. He doesn't throw a sucker punch every single fight. The problem is there's no rhyme or reason to it. Most of the time he's okay. Its like that one out of 3 or 4 times that he's a ******.

If you're the guy wanting to fight Tootoo, you do what all honorable guys do, you ask him to dance and you give him the opportunity to oblige you. You'd look pretty stupid asking him to dance from 10 feet away or chasing him around with your stick up and arms stretched way out in front of you to avoid potentially being cheap shotted.

Sounds to me like you'd rather blame the victim. You took the same position with McAmmond and Downie, laying the fault on McAmmond for not keeping his head up.

If you have any experience fighting, which you claim to have a good deal, then you would know exactly what I was talking about. I wasn't blaming anyone (same with the Downie thread) for anything. Just throwing in my two cents. However, you fail to see things any other way but your own.

This is what I said. Lappy should have (and I'm sure he did) known what he was getting himself into. I'm sure it was no real surprise to him. It's Tootoo, that's how he does things.

Regardless of what you think, you don't have to be 10 feet away to be ready for a cheap shot. All you have to do is pay attention to the guy you are trying to get to dance. It's common sense.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

If you have any experience fighting, which you claim to have a good deal, then you would know exactly what I was talking about. I wasn't blaming anyone (same with the Downie thread) for anything. Just throwing in my two cents. However, you fail to see things any other way but your own.

This is what I said. Lappy should have (and I'm sure he did) known what he was getting himself into. I'm sure it was no real surprise to him. It's Tootoo, that's how he does things.

Regardless of what you think, you don't have to be 10 feet away to be ready for a cheap shot. All you have to do is pay attention to the guy you are trying to get to dance. It's common sense.

When your logic is so fundamentally flawed its hard to figure out where to start with you. Oh well, add me to the list of people in this thread who can't debate this with you cause you are crazy. And I don't mean crazy in a bad way. I mean crazy in the way that you don't have the first clue what you're talking about. Cheers!