• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Skiing - Puck

Boogaard vs Koci from October 4th

Rate this topic

Guest micah

Boogaard is the most entertaining player in the NHL.

Narrow win Koci.

Major props to Burrish for having the sack to drop his gloves and punch Boogaard in the nose earlier in the period. That's a team guy.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Boogaard is the most entertaining player in the NHL.

Narrow win Koci.

Major props to Burrish for having the sack to drop his gloves and punch Boogaard in the nose earlier in the period. That's a team guy.

I agree, narrow win for Koci.

Is it just me or do you other fight enthusiasts see something with Boogaard. Specifically, that he may have the heaviest punch in the game but at the same time not nearly as good a jaw as you would think. Looked like Koci might've stunned him a bit with one of those and if memory serves, Eric Godard sent him to la la land a few years back. I dunno, 6-7, 270, generally owns everyone he fights (cept Laraque), i'd like to see him take some big punches flush to the kisser and not even blink.

If anyone remember Chris Murray, that guy was an awesome fighter. Not extremely big, didn't have a huge punch but man he had stamina and could take a punch probably as good as anyone i've ever seen.

Pretty entertaining...

Out of curiousity, how many fights per game was there last season? How does this compare to...say 1992? It would be interesting to see a comparison. Stats, anyone?

Go to dropyourgloves.com, and from there click on the big link on the left which says NHL Fights. After that, you should see the link for year by year fight data on the middle of the page.

Hope that works.

Go to dropyourgloves.com, and from there click on the big link on the left which says NHL Fights. After that, you should see the link for year by year fight data on the middle of the page.

Hope that works.

Awesome!! Thanks! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I agree, narrow win for Koci.

Is it just me or do you other fight enthusiasts see something with Boogaard. Specifically, that he may have the heaviest punch in the game but at the same time not nearly as good a jaw as you would think. Looked like Koci might've stunned him a bit with one of those and if memory serves, Eric Godard sent him to la la land a few years back. I dunno, 6-7, 270, generally owns everyone he fights (cept Laraque), i'd like to see him take some big punches flush to the kisser and not even blink.

I agree with you, I don't think Boogie's chin is as strong as his punch. Good to see Koci protecting himself better, he'll be exciting to watch this year protecting the youngsters in Chicago. I'd give Koci an edge in this one. Good showing by both guys, look forward to seeing them go again.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Boogaard's chin. I don't know about his minor league days, but I've never seen anyone drop him at the NHL level. Laraque just wrestles him down, so that has nothing to do with his chin. Don't forget that Joey Kocur had the hardest punch ever in the league, but he go dropped on several occasions in his career. When you have the hardest punch, you tend to take more chances to try to land that big punch, thus often leaving yourself vulnerable. However, as I stated earler, I've yet to see that happen to Boogaard.

Guest DetroitIan

Slight edge to Koci on that scrap. Great to see someone other than McGrattan handle Boogaard. Although I have seen Boogaard waste McGrattan as well. But hopefully we see alot more gloves dropping from Koci. Unfortunately the Red Wings dont have a soul that could contend with him.

Slight edge to Koci on that scrap. Great to see someone other than McGrattan handle Boogaard. Although I have seen Boogaard waste McGrattan as well. But hopefully we see alot more gloves dropping from Koci. Unfortunately the Red Wings dont have a soul that could contend with him.

I think the "pain train" will take exception to your comment come Saturday night. Koci's going down midway through the 1st period.

:D

Guest DetroitIan

I think the "pain train" will take exception to your comment come Saturday night. Koci's going down midway through the 1st period.

:D

LOL. ALL ABOARD!!! :lol:

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I don't think there's anything wrong with Boogaard's chin. I don't know about his minor league days, but I've never seen anyone drop him at the NHL level. Laraque just wrestles him down, so that has nothing to do with his chin. Don't forget that Joey Kocur had the hardest punch ever in the league, but he go dropped on several occasions in his career. When you have the hardest punch, you tend to take more chances to try to land that big punch, thus often leaving yourself vulnerable. However, as I stated earler, I've yet to see that happen to Boogaard.

Last season I think Godard was with the Flames. He tagged Boogie about 3 times. Looked like he got him on the side of the head by the ear, maybe affected his equilibrium. Anyway, he went down 2 times from the shots and then had a little bit of trouble getting to the right penalty box. He recovered fairly quick but it was quite clear that Godard buckled and dazed him.

Last season I think Godard was with the Flames. He tagged Boogie about 3 times. Looked like he got him on the side of the head by the ear, maybe affected his equilibrium. Anyway, he went down 2 times from the shots and then had a little bit of trouble getting to the right penalty box. He recovered fairly quick but it was quite clear that Godard buckled and dazed him.

Thanks for the info. I just saw the replay of that fight, and Boogaard did get dropped with a few punches. I'm still not ready to say that he has a weak chin, because every fighter gets dropped from time to time. With the size of some of the enforcers nowadays in the league, there's no way a fighter is going to be immune from ever getting tagged, unless he just grabs on for dear life like Brashear or Laraque do.

Guest micah
If anyone remember Chris Murray, that guy was an awesome fighter. Not extremely big, didn't have a huge punch but man he had stamina and could take a punch probably as good as anyone i've ever seen.

I loved Chris Murray! Guys like him and PJ stock are the definition of heart.

...and I agree that Boogie cand be beaten, he's a top 3 guy but certainly not far and away the best fighter in the league - I think that's still Laraque until someone can prove otherwise. Boogard is what he is, a huge man who plays recklessly and seems to very much enjoy raining pain on his opposition. He might not be the toughest guy in th eleague, but he's he's one of the meanest.

If I remember corectly Koci dropped his mitts three times in his first NHL game last season.

I actually have it slight edge to Boogaard. One thing to keep in mind, that punch where Boogaard's helmet goes flying looks like a heavy shot but in reality Boogey's helmet was already dislodged by the prior left hand (which the announcers overblew) and dangling up top his head. Koci didnt even actually hit HIM there, just struck the loose helmet and it went flying. Boogaard also landed a a decent shot before the live camera got there, you could see it on the replay.