• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Melrose: "Detroit looked super"

Rate this topic

That can't be Barry...must be an impostor...he'd never praise the Wings so quickly. Heck in 1997 in the finals against Philly, he changed his prediction of a Philly cup only after the Wings took a 3-0 lead in the series...and only grudgingly.

Guest DetroitIan

You can never listen to Barry Melrose. He is ALWAYS underestimating the Red Wings. In fact, I was shocked to see him give us props. Cause he never does. I guaruntee that a few weeks before the playoffs start, when he's giving his analysis of the post season. He will go with the Ducks or the Sharks. It never fails with Melrose. It will be the Ducks or the Sharks. Mark my words, those will be his picks for WCF.

You can tell he still has it for Colorado.

As for his change of stance on Detroit, it was probably Dallas Drake fighting a visored Perry that helped him change his tune.

...and last week he was saying basicly they were so-so.... yep, Melrose has proved again he's a complete d-bag.

Yes, of course. God forbid a man be allowed to change his mind after actually watching the team play a game that means something.

Imagine that, people. It's possible for Melrose to talk about the Wings in a positive light. Of course, we all know he hates the Wings. Whenever he bashes them, that means he hates them, and whenever he praises them, that means he hates them but is jumping on the bandwagon. Our team of professional shrinks has declared that Melrose forever resents the Wings for not getting to coach them, therefore the collective mind is made up.

Yes, of course. God forbid a man be allowed to change his mind after actually watching the team play a game that means something.

Imagine that, people. It's possible for Melrose to talk about the Wings in a positive light. Of course, we all know he hates the Wings. Whenever he bashes them, that means he hates them, and whenever he praises them, that means he hates them but is jumping on the bandwagon. Our team of professional shrinks has declared that Melrose forever resents the Wings for not getting to coach them, therefore the collective mind is made up.

Oh please BRTD, 2 years ago we had a thread titled along the lines of "Barry Melrose __ is the best player in the world" the dude changes his mind every period, every shot, every save. If it were anyone else I'd be right there with you, but Melrose has no credibility with this stuff.

Oh please BRTD, 2 years ago we had a thread titled along the lines of "Barry Melrose __ is the best player in the world" the dude changes his mind every period, every shot, every save. If it were anyone else I'd be right there with you, but Melrose has no credibility with this stuff.

I remember the thread.

Really, I oughta take back what I said about changing his mind, because it's not even that....Melrose said what he said in the Freep about the full season, then in this clip, commented on how the Wings looked that particular game and didn't really offer any opinions on the season at large.

My main point is, I've never seen someone (besides Melrose) get slammed for praising the Wings, which I think goes beyond being mad about what he actually says into the territory of totally irrational hatred.

I remember the thread.

Really, I oughta take back what I said about changing his mind, because it's not even that....Melrose said what he said in the Freep about the full season, then in this clip, commented on how the Wings looked that particular game and didn't really offer any opinions on the season at large.

My main point is, I've never seen someone (besides Melrose) get slammed for praising the Wings, which I think goes beyond being mad about what he actually says into the territory of totally irrational hatred.

Oh of course, the only articles deemed as "good" or "great" are the ones that praise the Wings, the ones that are "horrible" and "lacking hockey knowledge" are the ones that put them down in some way.

Melrose disgusts me.... Watch the Central Division preview, he looks pissed when discussing the Wings and continues to belittle the Wings as a team... pissin' me off...

wow.... and now I just watched the Cup predictions, and of course, same old from Nutsack Melrose, actual physical pain hearing the Wings and proceeds to s*** on the other guys pick, who beat San Jose last year? "Remember, it isn't just winning one 7 game series, its 4", thanks for the lesson, dick