• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

10/6 GDT: Blackhawks 4, Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Actually, we probably would have won had we gotten that goal. The play proceeded in a whole different direction which ultimately lead to the tying goal - if I recall correctly.

What's the big deal with our former players scoring against us? They do not play for us anymore, it is their job to score against us. I'd be more concerned if our current roster was scoring against us. We know that is possible.

It's not a big deal.

It kind of was a big deal, since it was the tying goal.

Well, we deserved to lose this game. I knew there's no way in hell we'd win 2 straight shootouts. Here are my thoughts on the game.

1. We gave up too many odd-man rushes, and our backchecking was horrible. That's not a very good combination. The guys looked a little lazy tonight.

2. I told you all before the game that Robert Lang = Mr. Clutch, and that he'd score a big goal late in the 3rd. Damn me for always being right.

3. Drake is going to get murdered by game 10 if he keeps this up. Time to call up Downey, especially if Franzen is hurt. I'm sure you all saw the way Koci was running at our players.

4. The lines combos look bad so far through 2 games. I don't see any chemistry out there whatsoever unless Pavel and Hank are creating it.

5. Rafalski looks like he's fitting in well, but he's got to cut down on the turnovers, especially on the shorthanded goal we gave up.

6. It's stil difficult for me to accept the fact tha Samuelsson is going to get a lot more ice time. I'm tired of his idiotic spin-around moves which are destined for turnovers.

I missed the game, but Koci was running the Wings??? Cool, i hope it keeps happening. How many times do we see a fighter throwing the body alot suddenly cool down after getting into a fight? Probably 90% of the time....a shame no one could fight him...

What is that saying exactly? He scored in the SO? Thats what its saying. If hasek had made the save, I could say your 18 year old baby just got stoned by my hall of fame goalie. Please.

If you could only say that Hasek made that save... if only. At least for one night, Blackhawkdown has your number.

On this unusually warm day in Chicago Kane was clutch tonight, and clutch is everything right? Kudos to the kid stepping up. Though tonight may sting as a Red Wings fan, Kane's performance tonight is a good thing for hockey looking at the bigger picture.

So I think Dats literally took the shot at the exact time of the whistle being blown.

Pretty close. Actually I believe the whistle came a split second after the shot, if I remember right from the slo-mo replay.

Either way, we wuz robbed. I normally am very slow to blame the refs for a loss. 99% of the time, you can point to a million things the team could have done better that would have overcome whatever complaint we have about the refs. This one directly cost us the game-winning goal. Still a lot of things the Wings could have done to prevent the loss, but in this case the ref's mistake looms large above them all.

I missed the game, but Koci was running the Wings??? Cool, i hope it keeps happening. How many times do we see a fighter throwing the body alot suddenly cool down after getting into a fight? Probably 90% of the time....a shame no one could fight him...

We had someone who would fight him, but he wasent playing. Drake had already fought and Lilja's fighting skills dont kick in till late in the season.

We had someone who would fight him, but he wasent playing. Drake had already fought and Lilja's fighting skills dont kick in till late in the season.

Exactly, too bad theres apparently no need for that guy. Drake would never go with Koci regardless though and Lija if he did would probably turtle within 10 seconds or get annihilated.

The Wings never take Chicago seriously. Now that they got an actual ounce of talent on that team, all be it not that much but still some, they win.

Not a big deal, because it's only game #2. Hopefully that idiot 'Hawk's fan doesn't surface himself here, though. He was actually right in the respect that the Wings did lose this particular game. Bleh.

Exactly, too bad theres apparently no need for that guy. Drake would never go with Koci regardless though and Lija if he did would probably turtle within 10 seconds or get annihilated.

I dunno Lou, Drake is surprising me. Fighting these young guys, and he seems to be holding his own or winning in the fights. I probably wouldnt want to see him go with Koci because he'd get beat up, but I think he'd be crazy enough too.

I dunno Lou, Drake is surprising me. Fighting these young guys, and he seems to be holding his own or winning in the fights. I probably wouldnt want to see him go with Koci because he'd get beat up, but I think he'd be crazy enough too.

He wouldnt fight him. Theres a massive difference between going with someone who's a legit heavy like Koci and fighting Wisneiwski and Perry. There is zero doubt Drake would get obliterated. And i dont mean to knock Drake, he's doing all he can and its nice to see.....but it wont keep up and theres only so much he can do.

I wouldn't even want Drake to fight Koci. He'd get his face bashed in. Koci is about 7 inches taller then Drake, and would probably break his face in one punch.

I love Drake, but he would be totally overmatched against Koci. In fact, I think a lot of players in the league probably would be. Boogaard and Laraque are about the only two I would say that could have a solid fight against him. Koci is a monster.

Downey vs. Koci is a total mismatch also. For his sake, it's better that he doesn't fight Koci either.

Edit: Actually, as a think about it, Josh Gratton and Koci had a great fight last year in Koci's NHL debut. Gratton held in there pretty well. Still, I think Koci has a size and fighting skill advantage the majority of NHL enforcers, or anyone even willing to fight him.

Edited by Kp-Wings

I love Drake, but he would be totally overmatched against Koci. In fact, I think a lot of players in the league probably would be. Boogaard and Laraque are about the only two I would say that could have a solid fight against him. Koci is a monster.

Well I wouldnt say that. McGrattan could definitely beat him, and i'd have my money on him....as could Brashear, Godard, Orr, etc. Koci is extremely entertainining, but he's clearly not even top 5 at this point.

Ah, i see you made the edit before i added my reply :P

Well I wouldnt say that. McGrattan could definitely beat him, and i'd have my money on him....as could Brashear, Godard, Orr, etc. Koci is extremely entertainining, but he's clearly not even top 5 at this point.

McGratten has never played against Koci, so I don't know what to expect there. McGratten is definitly a top 5 fighter, but I'd have to see the two actually fight each other.

Godard and Orr are good too, but Brashear wouldn't last in my opinion. He's getting old, and his fighting skills are on the decline. In my opinion, anyways, since he hasn't the solid heavyweight he once was in Philly.

I give Koci the advantage over most because of his size. He's about 6'7 or 6'8, and that can go a long way. Not all big guys are good fighters (see: Steve McKenna) but Koci definitly is, and I like his future potential.

WHAT THE HELL? we beat the defending stanley cup champs in a SO but lost to a team who hasn't made the playoffs since 1964???? simply unacceptable. :flamingmad:

We beat the defending Stanley Cup champions in a SO minus their starting goaltender and defenseman (Giggy and Schneider) .and they're two best players that year's playoffs (Nieds and Selanne). Not to mention they just got back from London.

McGratten has never played against Koci, so I don't know what to expect there. McGratten is definitly a top 5 fighter, but I'd have to see the two actually fight each other.

Godard and Orr are good too, but Brashear wouldn't last in my opinion. He's getting old, and his fighting skills are on the decline. In my opinion, anyways, since he hasn't the solid heavyweight he once was in Philly.

I give Koci the advantage over most because of his size. He's about 6'7 or 6'8, and that can go a long way. Not all big guys are good fighters (see: Steve McKenna) but Koci definitly is, and I like his future potential.

Well it was still just 2 seasons ago that Brashear walloped Boogard, so theres no reason for me to think he couldnt handle Koci who's still pretty unproven. Brashear is without a doubt on the decline, but he's still near the top and if Koci beat him it'd be considered an upset. I do agree on Koci's potential, but its not quite there yet.

Well, of all the overenthusiastic predictions that appear, and will probably keep appearing all through the season (as they do every year), mine was the only CORRECT prediction. Here's what I said:

"I predict that hockey players will score goals and one of the two teams will win." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, of all the overenthusiastic predictions that appear, and will probably keep appearing all through the season (as they do every year), mine was the only CORRECT prediction. Here's what I said:

"I predict that hockey players will score goals and one of the two teams will win." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I predicted a Blackhawks win, along with a Raffy and Lang goal. Kane's goal just didn't count. :crazy:

Is this virtually meaningless game really the end of the world?

How dare you not panic and not suggest trading Zetterberg!!!!! How dare you not jump off a cliff with you Wings flag on fire!!!!! You're not a real fan!!! How dare you!!!!!