• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

10/8 GDT: Red Wings 4, Edmonton Oilers 2

Rate this topic

woooooooooooooo. I missed the GDT's glad they are back!

Im glad Danny is probably playing on the top line, but Ellis shouldnt be playing, he's useless.

Im predicting 4-1 win for us. Dannyx2, Z and Drake. And if things get chippy, Drake will fight Torres!

As always great Game Day thread. I hope Filppula get's the start on the first line.

No predictions, just win in regulation!

i will be watching the game on center ice.. (the greatest creation of all mankind) and I am hoping for a wings victory :cool: only cause they are not VS. the ducks... :hehe:

Edited by Duck Guy

i will be watching the game on center ice.. (the greatest creation of all mankind) and I am hoping for a wings victory :cool: only cause they are not VS. the ducks... :hehe:

Center Ice is in fact the greatest. The office now has the extra TV in it, and another $5 a month gets me another cable box. That means 2 different games at the same time, not including the 2 games I can record through the DVR. There's nothing like having the potential for 10 hours of hockey a day depending on the schedule, trying to work, and keeping a girlfriend. Unfortunately I need to work to pay the electric and cable bills. Oh well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

IPB Image

oh and if anyone's interested, we went to the King's home opener (I live in L.A.) and made a little camera video. They had quite a party, including speeches and appearances by Luc Robitaille, Marcel Dionne, McSorley, Deadmarsh and so on. They tanked it to the Blues, and it was really ugly hockey to watch.

http://www.teamblueline.com/kingsopener.wmv

Relating to the thread, I see the Wings style taking advantage of the Oilers, but beware... they have some guns still up front. They did a number on the Sharks, although we played a bit weak and did manage to squeeze a point out of it in a shootout.

Edited by Defenseman13

Center Ice is in fact the greatest. The office now has the extra TV in it, and another $5 a month gets me another cable box. That means 2 different games at the same time, not including the 2 games I can record through the DVR. There's nothing like having the potential for 10 hours of hockey a day depending on the schedule, trying to work, and keeping a girlfriend. Unfortunately I need to work to pay the electric and cable bills. Oh well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

IPB Image

oh and if anyone's interested, we went to the King's home opener (I live in L.A.) and made a little camera video. They had quite a party, including speeches and appearances by Luc Robitaille, Marcel Dionne, McSorley, Deadmarsh and so on. They tanked it to the Blues, and it was really ugly hockey to watch.

http://www.teamblueline.com/kingsopener.wmv

Relating to the thread, I see the Wings style taking advantage of the Oilers, but beware... they have some guns still up front. They did a number on the Sharks, although we played a bit weak and did manage to squeeze a point out of it in a shootout.

I am in awe. Put a fridge and a microwave in there and you never have to leave.

I dont have a good feeling about this one. The loss to the hawks has got me thinking "when it rains it pours" ie, rolling over into the edmonton game. ANYWAY, ill still give it to the Wings 4- Oil- 3

I want to see a few more of those rockets from the blue line

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

TV: FSN Detroit (HD), Rogers Sportsnet West

NET: NHL.tv, Sopcast

RADIO: 1270 WXYT-AM, 97.1 WXYT-FM, 630 AM CHED, NHL Radio

XM: 208

IPB Image

- Franzen will miss 3-4 weeks after suffering a right knee injury last game at Chicago. Reports indicate either Cleary, Draper, or Filppula will play on the first line.

IPB Image

DETROIT

+ Johan Franzen (Right Knee); Out

+ Kyle Quincey (Broken Bone in Left Hand); Out

EDMONTON

+ Ethan Moreau (Bruise Foot); Questionable

+ Fernando Pisani (Ulcerative Colitis); Out Indefinitely

+ Tyler Spurgeon (Undisclosed); Out

+ Mathieu Roy (Upper Body); Out

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Click here for Western Conference Standings

IPB Image

Upcoming

-Mike Babcock 22 wins from 200

-Dallas Drake 3 assists away from 300

-Kris Draper 3 points away from 300

-Jiri Hudler 5 games away from 100

Accomplished

(10/6) - Chris Chelios tied Alex Delvecchio for 8th all-time in games (1,549).

(10/3) - Tomas Holmstrom 700th game played

IPB Image

OUTSTANDING GDT!!!! Welcome back AFLAC!!!!

Come on Hasek, make some saves tonight and lets keep the lead!!! :angry:

The return of the Aflac GDT just tops off the fact that HOCKEY SEASON IS REALLY HERE!

The off-season really felt WAY too long this time around.

Fantastic Job, as always Aflac!

No predictions on score, but dont underestimate the Oil. Hopefully Babs layed into the guys after dropping last game.

It's great to have these threads back. Ahhh, life makes sense again.

I'm going to predict a 4-3 Wings victory in a down to the minute nail biter. Wings win it in the closing moments when Homer gets an ugly goal in front of the net. No pizzazz, just hard work and grit.

Go Wings!

I hope Filppula get's the start on the first line.

Ditto!

I've watched both Oilers games and I think they have a way better team this season.

Gagner & Cogliano seem like the real deals and Pitkanen-Souray is a great PP-tandem.

That being said I think the Wings will obviously win tonight,shall we say 4-2?