• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sirdrake

question about the high sticking penalty

Rate this topic

alright so from what i understand its 2 minutes just for having your stick hit a guy in the face. its 4 minutes if you draw blood.

ok so what if chris chelios put his stick under an opponents stick and lifted it up to hit himself in the face. would the opponent still get a 2 minute penalty.

also, sometimes in wrestlings wrestlers will use hidden razors to cut themselves for dramatic effect. what would stop chris chelios from hiding a razor in his glove. after he hits himself in the face with his opponents stick he would fall to the ground, act like his is hurt, slyly take out the razor and cut his face drawing blood.

Well in all fairness I have heard of some hockey players, who are prone into getting into board scrums, keep fresh gashes prior to games un healed, so in the unlikely hood of a high stick that gash would be easy to open up.

Other than that these threads are getting pretty asinine.

alright so from what i understand its 2 minutes just for having your stick hit a guy in the face. its 4 minutes if you draw blood.

ok so what if chris chelios put his stick under an opponents stick and lifted it up to hit himself in the face. would the opponent still get a 2 minute penalty.

a little ridiculous scenario; but yeah technically he would. a player is responsible for his own stick.

example that happens alot (not necissarily with Cheli): an opposing player slides their stick under Cheli's, Cheli's stick comes up and hits another opposing player in the face, Cheli gets a penalty.

Edited by mooose kiiisses

Hey in one of my games I got a high sticking penalty because the bum FELL face first ONTO my blade which was ON THE ICE... yeah i also got a misconduct for not giving up yelling at the ref.

okay i got it,...what if Chelly uses his Green Lantern power ring to cause the puck to go over the glass every time an opponent dumps.

Only problem is it won't work on any team with yellow in there uniform,.....that is unless Chelly has no fear either,...very likely

(if you got that joke,..don't worry i won't tell)

Hey in one of my games I got a high sticking penalty because the bum FELL face first ONTO my blade which was ON THE ICE... yeah i also got a misconduct for not giving up yelling at the ref.

Either you got a penalty for something else (tripping perhaps), or the ref is a complete idiot. In order to get a high sticking penalty, it needs to be above shoulder height.

Either you got a penalty for something else (tripping perhaps), or the ref is a complete idiot. In order to get a high sticking penalty, it needs to be above shoulder height.

Nope it was called high sticking... but he said it was because I didn't have control of my stick and player got hit in the face... which was very odd because it was on the ice! which is why i carried on and got a misconduct

Nope it was called high sticking... but he said it was because I didn't have control of my stick and player got hit in the face... which was very odd because it was on the ice! which is why i carried on and got a misconduct

The ref is not qualified then.

The ref is not qualified then.

That's ***! I probably would have used the ref to demonstrate what a REAL high sticking was. :sly:

"See Mr. Ref, a high sticking is when I do like this and smash your face in with my stick until your eyes fall out of your mouth."