• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theman19

you think Samuelsson on the point is terrible

Rate this topic

i'm watching the Carolina/Maple leafs game and Carolina has 5 forwards playing the pp.

That's right, they have not one but two forwards playing the D on PP.

Funny thing is, unlike us,..it's working brilliantly two pp goals so far.

i'm watching the Carolina/Maple leafs game and Carolina has 5 forwards playing the pp.

Carolina is much deeper at forward than we are, so they just want to get all their top players out on the powerplay. Hopefully, the only reason Sammy was on the point was because of the injuries last year. He doesn't belong back there.

Their playing Toronto. That alone might explain alittle bit.

Cullen and Staal, no?

Cullen and Hamilton, Staal is there sometimes, same with Stillman. When they won the cup they had Frank Kaberle taking shots but he still doesn't have his consistency back.

Cullen and Hamilton, Staal is there sometimes, same with Stillman. When they won the cup they had Frank Kaberle taking shots but he still doesn't have his consistency back.

Ray Ray has been up high for them too at times.

Hamilton just scored on a blast from the point, underated player.

Exactly. I've said this about him since last year.

Hamilton took forever to crack the NHL full time. I think he's almost in 30's now or so, and he has only played one full season. That said, he's extremely versitile in a lot of aspects of the game. He can play the point effectivily on the PP, unlike the ones who have done it here (Samulesson and Williams). He has a great shot, good speed, and can play the PK as well.

I was hoping Holland would go after him in the offseason, but Carolina scooped him up right away. I believe he was one of the first players to be signed this offseason.

Guest Crymson

The fact that they have an abominable defensive corps no doubt contributes much to this. I saw them play down in Florida in April, and their D was awful on all counts.

Carolina has 5 forwards on the PP because they have pathetic excuses for offensive defenseman.

No they have Pathietic Excuses for D period

Frank Kaberle is decent PP guy when he's healthy but but outside of that they have no one.

I dont think there defence is all that bad.

Kaberle and Commodore are 2 of the more underrated defenceman in the league. Tim Gleason is an alright guy too, I've always been a big fan of Nic Wallin, but I really do think he's a good defenceman. They do have some bums like Dennis Seidenberg who's useless, but hopefully they do somehting about it, I've always had a soft spot for the Canes, Staal, Brindy, Williams, Whitney, Wesley, Cullen, Hamilton, Commodore. Bunch of good guys and canadian to boot! (Not sure about Hamilton, I think he is.) Yes, call me Grapes :P

(Not sure about Hamilton, I think he is.)

Hamilton is not Canadian, he's an American. He was born in Dayton, Ohio.

Bunch of good guys and canadian to boot! Yes, call me Grapes :P

If you would have started going off about Russians and French-Canadians who wear visors, you would have sounded just like him. :D

Edited by Kp-Wings

imagine having chris chelios on the powerplay.

Yeah! What's to stop him from playing on the PP?

Imagine this: he goes out for the PP, gets the puck and shoots it into the netting, thus causing a penalty for the other team! Instant 5x3!

it's Leafs so don't draw too much conclusions.

as for Sammy - he's absolutely brutal at the point. I like him but there should be some alarm device to buzz aloud when his brain hits the though of shooting from the blue line. jesus, my 70+ old granny has better accuracy

Hamilton is not Canadian, he's an American. He was born in Dayton, Ohio.

If you would have started going off about Russians and French-Canadians who wear visors, you would have sounded just like him. :D

Hamilton is still a good North american guy then :P

Nah, other then Yashin, I dont really dislike Russians at all. I dont mind french canadians either, as long as they take the visor off when need be ;).