• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sirdrake

why do players even bother appealing to the officials?

Rate this topic

everytime a player gets penalized they go up to the official and say that they didn't do anything. is there any point to this? take this scenario for an example:

chris chelios is trying to defend the net against mike modano, as mike modano skates by chris chelios, chelios sticks out his stick and trips up mike modano. the referee sees this and puts his hand up to call a penalty on chris. chris goes to the ref and acts like nothing happend. whats the point?

also, a penalty whistle can only be blown when a member of the offending team possess the puck with their stick, right? what would stop chris chelios from just arching his back and laying around the puck in mid ice. he would not touch the puck and he would make it so the puck is still visible. it would be an easy way to kill off the rest of the time in the game if the red wings already had the lead.

everytime a player gets penalized they go up to the official and say that they didn't do anything. is there any point to this? take this scenario for an example:

chris chelios is trying to defend the net against mike modano, as mike modano skates by chris chelios, chelios sticks out his stick and trips up mike modano. the referee sees this and puts his hand up to call a penalty on chris. chris goes to the ref and acts like nothing happend. whats the point?

also, a penalty whistle can only be blown when a member of the offending team possess the puck with their stick, right? what would stop chris chelios from just arching his back and laying around the puck in mid ice. he would not touch the puck and he would make it so the puck is still visible. it would be an easy way to kill off the rest of the time in the game if the red wings already had the lead.

how the heck did i know that cheli was going to be involved in this somehow or another

HAHAHA arch his back on the puck wtf??? i love this guy! cheli doesnt want to get slashed in the neck so hes not going 2 lay on the puck... and also the ref would tell him to play it and eventually blow it or call cheli for delay of game.

The same way we all know this moron has an IQ that makes a goldfish look like a rocket scientist.

Ha, I ROFLed when I read that! :D

There should just be a thread called "The Adventures Of Cheli". Then sirdrake can just go crazy and post all the ridiculous s word he wants.

~Hank it up a little~

I actually did see Chelios talk himself out of a penalty once about two years ago. The ref had his hand up, whistled the play, Chelios talked to him, and no one ended up going to the penalty box.

And I'm not saying this just cause it's sirdrake. This is a true story. Does anyone else remember this? Ken and Mickey were having a good laugh about it.

I actually did see Chelios talk himself out of a penalty once about two years ago. The ref had his hand up, whistled the play, Chelios talked to him, and no one ended up going to the penalty box.

And I'm not saying this just cause it's sirdrake. This is a true story. Does anyone else remember this? Ken and Mickey were having a good laugh about it.

uhhhh nope :unsure:

what would stop chris chelios from just arching his back and laying around the puck in mid ice. he would not touch the puck and he would make it so the puck is still visible. it would be an easy way to kill off the rest of the time in the game if the red wings already had the lead.

WOW, that is not a visual I need to see :blink:

... :huh: does Chris Chelios talk about Chris Chelios in the the third person, that'd be great :D

Is this guy actually serious or is he testing bits for his comedy act?

:lol::lol:

If he is, no further testing will be necessary, it's perfect.

That had me laughing out loud. Well done agian sirdrake. Well done.

Absolutely! I've learned my lesson about consuming a beverage while readng a sirdrake thread. Unless you want coffee droplets all over your monitor, it is not advised.

WWCCD

What Would Chris Chelios Do?

What's to stop Chelios from producing and selling bracelets that say that?

QUOTE(BlakChamber @ October 11, 2007 - 06:20PM)

WWCCD

What Would Chris Chelios Do?

What's to stop Chelios from producing and selling bracelets that say that?

That would be so cool! It'd be like the "Who Wants Jack Daniels" ones!

As soon as I saw there was a new thread from sirdrake my heart, no, my soul, filled with joy. God bless you sirdrake!

NFM #25, get over here, quick!

I'm here. He just posted this thread right after I left work.

More gold from sirdrake. Please don't ever stop doing this.

Sidenote: :rotflmao:

I guess the Wings can start interfering with the opposition now since it won't result in a penalty since they don't have the puck.

Can you imagine if Cheli seriously went to arch his back over the puck with 12:53 remaining in the first? Seriously sirdrake, I don't know how you come up with this stuff, but please never stop. Alright, I'll stamp this thread as a classic as well.

IPB Image

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25