• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Mats Sundin

Rate this topic

Mats Sundin had only one point in the Leafs 8-1 win over the Islanders tonight, but it was a big one.

Sundin scored the 7th goal, which gave him the Leafs all-time record for career goals (390) and points (917), eclipsing Darryl Sittler for both records.

He was named all three stars of the game.

Edited by MacK_Attack

It would probably take way more research than I have patience for, but I wonder if that's ever been done like that - one goal, two records.

Congrats to Sundin though. Definitely one of the steadiest, most consistent, and underappreciated players in the game. Plus, I drafted him in 2001 in my keeper fantasy league and I've kept him ever since. Good value out of a fourth round pick, I'd say :D

<_<

Where do you think Sundin ranks among the all-time Leafs, Mack? I mean, he has the major scoring records now, but he's never actually lead them all that far.

It's hard to compare eras, but I'd say he's top-4 with Sittler, Keon & Apps.

He's a heck of a player, quite possibly the best Leaf ever. Unfortunately he is doomed to join the ranks of underappreciated Leaf greats who never came anywhere near a Cup thanks to poor team management. I know he's made it abundantly clear that he has no interest in leaving Toronto, but it'd be nice to see him get a legitimate shot at a Cup before his career winds down.

Congrats to Mats, he's a heck of a player. Too bad he's stuck with The Laughs. If he's smart, he should come to the Red Wings (I mean Team Sweden) at the deadline, along with Forsberg. Would make a heck of a 2nd line.

Screw Sundin and his bald head.

Markus Naslund will soon pass Trevor Linden for most all time points as a Vancouver Canuck.

So he will have...... most goals, most assists, most points, most powerplay goals, most game winning goals, etc....etc.

I think it's pretty hard to compare records for a franchise like the Vancouver Canucks to records for a franchise like the Toronto Maple Leafs.

haha um no? Naslund if only for a few years was a top 3 player in the league (and in 02-03 he was the best....) Sundin has never been top 5..... maybe top 10 once?

Can you give me any statistics on those "best" ratings? I am aware that Näslund had a streak of being the best goalscorer overall for a while there but other than that. Besides that's not good enough. And given a subjective audience - e.g. Swedes - Sundin is ALWAYS rated higher. Some might disagree but they're in minority.

Some real statistics:

Sundin is almost exactly a PPG player. Näslund is 0.8 PPG over his career.

Sundin's top 3 point seasons are 103, 96, 94 and Näslund's are 104, 90, 84.

Oh and Näslund does have that Lester B. Pearson award and Sundin doesn't have an equivalent. On the other hand Sundin is only the second player to have 16 consecutive 20+ goal seasons (Tied with Marcel Dionne).

Internationally the two players don't compare at all and Sundin is quite simply the guy, the leader, the captain. Oh and his points total is better there too.

So statistically and subjectively (meaning my opinion) Sundin is better. That obviously doesn't make Näslund bad.

Always liked Mats,goes about his business and doesnt say much. Now that he has the record he can see about getting his dolphin-like teeth fixed.

sundin in his prime was ten times the player naslund was

Marcus or Mats?

Edited by UP2HERE