• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jason_0931

Kronwall At It Again

Rate this topic

Man I really do not like this kid especially after we paid him so much for his potential!

He really is not good and has been a professional too long to make plays like that.

We should trade him and move on to some new talent. Lebda is a much better defenseman that Kronwall!

Dunno if his mental lapses/poor judgement can be blamed on Lilja.....Unless of course Lilja's a Jedi Knight, & using his mind tricks on Kronwall in order to make himself look good :starwars:

I don't blame Lilja, but he can't help the situation as he has his own issues. But I really think paring Kronwall with Lidstrom or Rafalski would really boost his confidence.

Dunno if his mental lapses/poor judgement can be blamed on Lilja.....Unless of course Lilja's a Jedi Knight, & using his mind tricks on Kronwall in order to make himself look good :starwars:

Unfortunatly I think we may to live with these mistakes from time to time.At Kronwalls age I dont see the trend reversing,but hopefully he can make up for it with some offense and physical play.

And takes himself out of position in the process, even when he does connect for a big hit.

Not really, but anyway why do you always seem to have a problem with what people post. don't really get it, but whatever. :rolleyes:

Edited by bringback91

Like when? He usually picks his spots pretty well.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think he picks his spots very well.

Not really, but anyway why do you always seem to have a problem with what people post. don't really get it, but whatever. :rolleyes:

? Do you want to elaborate? I don't understand what you mean. I generally do not have a problem with what people post. Just because I have a different opinion sometimes doesn't mean I have a problem with someone else's.

Actually, a lot of the time I agree with someone else's opinion and I just throw out other ideas.

In this particular case, I think a lot of people like Kronwall a lot with a big reason being that he's always looking for the big hit. I like that about him as well, but in my opinion, he can sometimes take himself out of position (goes out of his way for the hit)........+ that style of play is likely a big reason why he has missed so much time due to injury.

EDIT: And by the way, I'm not the type to just post a smiley face or to say "yeah, I agree." If someone says something that I agree with, I generally don't see the point in wasting my time saying that I agree with whatever they said. If I post, it's normally because I agree, but have other things to add, or I disagree and want to express my opinion.

Edited by toby91_ca

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think he picks his spots very well.

? Do you want to elaborate? I don't understand what you mean. I generally do not have a problem with what people post. Just because I have a different opinion sometimes doesn't mean I have a problem with someone else's.

Actually, a lot of the time I agree with someone else's opinion and I just throw out other ideas.

In this particular case, I think a lot of people like Kronwall a lot with a big reason being that he's always looking for the big hit. I like that about him as well, but in my opinion, he can sometimes take himself out of position (goes out of his way for the hit)........+ that style of play is likely a big reason why he has missed so much time due to injury.

Nah, just the way you come across to me I guess. No big deal.

Yeah I like that about his game for sure, somebody's gotta do it back there he seems to be the best on the team at it so...

I don't really recall too many times if any he's greatly ran out of postion costing the team a goal.

I don't agree at all,his style of play has absolutly nothing to do with any injuries he's suffered while wearing a Wings jersey anyway. Two fluke injuries and one where he got hit, like everyone does, not trying to deliver a big hit himself.

Nah, just the way you come across to me I guess. No big deal.

Yeah I like that about his game for sure, somebody's gotta do it back there he seems to be the best on the team at it so...

I don't really recall too many times if any he's greatly ran out of postion costing the team a goal.

I don't agree at all,his style of play has absolutly nothing to do with any injuries he's suffered while wearing a Wings jersey anyway. Two fluke injuries and one where he got hit, like everyone does, not trying to deliver a big hit himself.

I agree that someone needs to provide the physical play, but I think he'll always be prone to injuries because he is not a big guy and it's tough to keep up that style of play when you are smaller.

I'm not sure if there are many times that he has taken himself out of the play that has directly resulted in a goal, but that's not really the point. I just remember (enough times to mention it at least), that I would be watching and thinking "what are you doing, that was just a poor decision to go for the hit.....blah, blah"

I know most, if not all of his injuries may be flukes and not directly the result of him throwing a check, etc., but his body gets worn down by that style of play, which leaves him more likely to suffer injuries through unreleated incicidents, if that makes any sense.

Im not too sure about Kronwall. I like the fact that he likes to jump into plays and lay out a big hit now and then, but his mental lapses in his own zone are really bad at times. And for as long as he has played in the NHL, he shouldent be making those kinds of giveaways in his own zone.

And nobody better blame his giveaways on the fact that he is paired with Lilja. Yes, he may play better with Lidstrom or Rafalski, but Lidstrom can make anybody look good.

I agree that someone needs to provide the physical play, but I think he'll always be prone to injuries because he is not a big guy and it's tough to keep up that style of play when you are smaller.

I'm not sure if there are many times that he has taken himself out of the play that has directly resulted in a goal, but that's not really the point. I just remember (enough times to mention it at least), that I would be watching and thinking "what are you doing, that was just a poor decision to go for the hit.....blah, blah"

I know most, if not all of his injuries may be flukes and not directly the result of him throwing a check, etc., but his body gets worn down by that style of play, which leaves him more likely to suffer injuries through unreleated incicidents, if that makes any sense.

Yeah it makes sense. That was the opinion I held on Nashville. I always thought that Trotz had them trying to play this rough and tumble style that they just weren't built for, and that's why they always seem to have a bunch of injuries. I see where your coming from, but I don't think he's really "undersized" and I'm expecting him to start living up to some of that potential he's got. During the lock out I was watching a Grifs game, Kronwall layed one of the biggest open ice hits I've seen in a long, long time. Destroyed the guy right at center ice. Think the guy was messed up pretty bad too. Hopefully someone else seen it as I can't remember who it was he hit, but it was sweet.

EDIT: And by the way, I'm not the type to just post a smiley face or to say "yeah, I agree." If someone says something that I agree with, I generally don't see the point in wasting my time saying that I agree with whatever they said. If I post, it's normally because I agree, but have other things to add, or I disagree and want to express my opinion.

:colorbounce:

I've been corrected/disagreed with by Toby many times. I always felt be explained his position well and didn't do it in a condescending way. That's what these boards are for - differing opinions and talking about it.

I've been corrected/disagreed with by Toby many times. I always felt be explained his position well and didn't do it in a condescending way. That's what these boards are for - differing opinions and talking about it.

Never said he didn't, never said it wasn't.

I don't blame Lilja, but he can't help the situation as he has his own issues. But I really think paring Kronwall with Lidstrom or Rafalski would really boost his confidence.

I personally feel Kronwall needs to earn the honor to play with a Lidsstrom or a Rafalski and he definitely has not.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. If everyone agreed about everything on here, I wouldn't bother coming because what is really left? News? I can get that where I normally get it.

I personally feel Kronwall needs to earn the honor to play with a Lidsstrom or a Rafalski and he definitely has not.

See the thing is with that philosophy, the young guys don't get the in game experience with him. He can talk to them all he wants at practice but the young guys do so well on the ice with him. Plus he covers up for a lot of their mistakes.

However having said that: I personally would rather see Lids and Lebda, Ralf and Cheli, Kron and Lilja.

Kronwall's a first round draft pick, he shouldn't need to be paired with Lidstrom or Rafalski to succeed. We should be pairing Lebda with Kronwall in order to help Lebda succeed, but that's not how it's working out.

I appreciate his willingness to lay a check. I don't appreciate the own-zone giveaways. And he still hasn't shown that offensive production we keep hearing about.

See the thing is with that philosophy, the young guys don't get the in game experience with him. He can talk to them all he wants at practice but the young guys do so well on the ice with him. Plus he covers up for a lot of their mistakes.

However having said that: I personally would rather see Lids and Lebda, Ralf and Cheli, Kron and Lilja.

I will give you that, but I am not sure I want Lidstrom focusing on covering up Kronwall's mistakes. We need him to focus on big defensive plays, moving the puck up the ice and jumping into the play when possible.

Plus Kronwall can learn from watching him from the bench!

Kronwall's a first round draft pick, he shouldn't need to be paired with Lidstrom or Rafalski to succeed. We should be pairing Lebda with Kronwall in order to help Lebda succeed, but that's not how it's working out.

I appreciate his willingness to lay a check. I don't appreciate the own-zone giveaways. And he still hasn't shown that offensive production we keep hearing about.

Kronwall's getting a little bit of powerplay time, so he should get some points there. But obviously Lidstrom and Rafalski get to play for the majority of all powerplays, so there's limited opportunities. And it's impossible to be a point-producing defenseman if you're not on the powerplay. At even strength I think he has started the attacks pretty well with good passes.

Somebody said that Lebda is outplaying him, but I don't see how that's the case offensively or defensively. Just look at that goal the other night. Yes, you're supposed to take away the pass alternatives on two-on-ones, but good defensemen cancel out both the pass and the shot. Lebda just backed off.

I think Kronwall picks his spots better than Markov often did.

He's definitely not up to his potential, but if he stays healthy, I've still got hope for him.

His speed and passing ability definitely help the Wings get out of their zone and get up ice (Lebda's speed does too, but to a lesser extent because he usually does it rushing up the ice himself versus a set play). He just needs to cut down on the turnovers.

EDIT: Also, any defenseman on the Wings is going to suffer criticism because of Lidstrom. 99.9% of the time, Lidstrom makes the right play. It's freakish. And it's an unrealistic standard compared to all but 2 or 3 other defenseman in the league.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Gotta add to the fact that the Wings play a puck possession style of game; Dmen are expected to make crisp outlet passes to a forward, to his partner on D, or to skate the puck outta danger on his own instead of bouncing the puck up along the boards/glass like a vast # of teams/Dmen do.

Very good point.

It's not that often you see a Detroit defenseman just firing the puck off the boards for his forwards to go retrieve.