• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Zetterberg vs. Datsyuk

Rate this topic

Interesting debate

Don't kill me for making this thread - I DID look up the topic in the search engine and had no similar threads within the last year, so I think its time to revisit the topic.

By no means do I mean to reduce the value of either player by debating this - we have the luxury of having both - hopefully for a long time.

Personally I like Zetterberg's game a bit more. He seems like a great leader, he is not afraid to shoot the puck, and he plays with a little more physicality then Pavel, and while Datsyuk has some absolutely sick stick handling skills, Zetterberg is not so shabby himself.

What do you guys think?

I am really hoping Holland signs Zetterberg to en extension similar to Datsyuk's. Maybe that is one of the reasons he left some cap room this summer?

Thoughts? Who would you guys choose to build a team around?

Doesn't matter! They are both gonna be here for a long time and if one is more valuable than the other, it's not by much!

But if I'm gonna build a team around one? Probably Zetterberg, he is younger.

Edited by datsyuk_13_fan

Guest DetroitIan

This is like picking between a 100 dollar bill, or five 20 dollar bills. Either way, you're getting a great hockey player. But if I was absolutely forced to make a decision between the two. I guess I would go with Hank. But just barely. I see him being a great captain one day.

Henrik Zetterberg is, so far this young season, not just the most valuable player between the two; he's the most valuable player in the league. Z might be the league's best defensive forward when healthy, and after tonight's game he's leading the league in points as well. He has scored a point in every game this season and is averaging two points per game.

And if that's not enough, he's more physical, a better leader, and younger than Dats.

Other then Crosby and Thornton, Zetterberg could challenge for the league leader in scoring at the end of the year if he stays healthy, And I hope he does, all my friends ever say is that Zetterberg sucks, and that Sundin and Hedjuk are better (Yeah, there avs and leafs fans). If he leads the league in points, that'll shut there yaps :D

Uh oh, this is like Yzerman vs. Fedorov part 2.

Zetterberg and Yzerman > Fedorov and Datsyuk :P

Zetterberg and Yzerman > Fedorov and Datsyuk :P

haha! Good one man.

I don't really want to pick one over the other, because since they're on the same team it's pointless, but I can't really argue with that.

Jeez, I hope datsyuk doesn't read these forums.

I'm a little surprised that everyone is picking Zata. I have to say, Dats is a little less dependent on the tandem, I'd go with him.

Datsyuk has scored 7 points in 6 games. Zetterberg has scored 12 points in the same 6 games. There have been six goals where both scored a point. In other words, Zetterberg has outscored Dats 6-1 when both players do not figure into the scoring. That is statistical evidence stating Datsyuk has benefitted FAR more from the tandem this season. The same was true last season.

Datsyuk has scored 7 points in 6 games. Zetterberg has scored 12 points in the same 6 games. There have been six goals where both scored a point. In other words, Zetterberg has outscored Dats 6-1 when both players do not figure into the scoring. That is statistical evidence stating Datsyuk has benefitted FAR more from the tandem this season. The same was true last season.

Zetterberg was struggling badly last season before being united with Dats. Dats was putting points up, but his goal scoring was not great. Then when Zata was injured, Dats CARRIED this team. He was even scoring goals.

We have played 6 games this season, I'll let it even out a little before I consider it a reliable representation.

Zetterberg was struggling badly last season before being united with Dats. Dats was putting points up, but his goal scoring was not great. Then when Zata was injured, Dats CARRIED this team. He was even scoring goals.

We have played 6 games this season, I'll let it even out a little before I consider it a reliable representation.

Last season, before they were reunited on Dec 23:

Datsyuk: 34 GP, 7-18-25

Zetterberg: 34 GP, 13-8-21

So Dats and Z had basically equal offensive output last season prior to being united. Z was having his linemates shuffled more than Dats, and was seeing fewer of the Wings' quality scorers; Homer spent more time with Dats than with Z, while Z saw significant time with guys like Draper, Franzen, and Williams. Z was and is also performing much better defensively than Datsyuk.

I think I'll slit my wrist if either of them leaves for free agency or is traded etc in the next few years(unless we get Crosby or Tavares or Jesus on skates in return; or unless one of them starts to suck).

That said, if I had a gun to my head I'd choose Zetterberg. The only reason I'd hesitate is he's had some more injury problems than Datsyuk has had... But really, when Zetterbeg is on his game, its scary. He's a force on the ice out there, and I give him points for having(in my opinion) more of a leadership presence.

That said, Zetter seemed to struggle a bit more last year in terms of consistency. Dats seemed to stick on pace at a reliable level, but he never really reached the same "level" the Zetterberg is capable of reaching.

Zette is better, DID U C WUT HE DID TONITE WIF DAT PUK WIF HIS STICK THEN DAT GOAL MAKIN BERNIER LOOK LIKE A MUNKEY@@@ SIK BRUV SIK TOTALY SIK

:crazy: HUH?! In English, please.

I'd take Hank. If you are building a team you need a leader. There is a reason why Hank got an "A" before Dats.