• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

3dominikhasek9

Why isnt Osgood starting

Rate this topic

ozzie played very well last night and hasek just hasnt impressed me very much. i think you play who looks like theyll give you the best chance to win and that to me would be ozzie

who would you start

I would definately play Ozzie, he is much steadier in goal, and last night Ozzie actually faced 30 range of shots against a line of Frolov, Kopitar, and Camallerri. Dom is too quick to hit his back and in both performances against the Blackhawks he let in soft goals. Dom is too accustom to making 12 saves on 15 shots on goal, play Osgood until Hasek settles down and gets his head on right

I would definately play Ozzie, he is much steadier in goal, and last night Ozzie actually faced 30 range of shots against a line of Frolov, Kopitar, and Camallerri. Dom is too quick to hit his back and in both performances against the Blackhawks he let in soft goals. Dom is too accustom to making 12 saves on 15 shots on goal, play Osgood until Hasek settles down and gets his head on right

awesome post, couldn't agree more. Hasek is way over rated in my opinion. Say what you will about his "unique playing style" but the fact of the matter at least to me is his stick is in the corner or he is on his back for no reason all the time. Yes, he has great numbers. That still doesn't mean I have to like him.

I would start 3dominikhasek9. He is slow at the beginning of the season, but gets into gear as the season get's deeper.

Edited by Jwo

What's to stop Chris Chelios from making Babcock start Hasek tonight instead of Osgood?

And how is Dom supposed to do that if Ozzie is starting every game?

I think it is to see where Hasek is and what he can do this year. If it looks like he can be last years dominator than he will get the play. If he continues to look good but not great you will probably see a lot more Osgood.

I think 6 games in is a little quick to judge a guy who is a notoriously slow starter, yet usually finishes henomenally (when healthy).

I'd like to see more Osgood for the following reasons:

1) The man is better than credited, usually. He has won a Cup as a starter, and he hasn't (lately) been giving up as many soft goals. Consider also that we have Lidstrom, Chelios, Rafalski, the Pain Train, Kronwall, and so on - it's not as though Osgood will be facing 20 quality shots a night.

2) Hasek is forty-two going on Chelios. If it turns out we need him in the playoffs, it'd be nice if he weren't injured or drained from a long season.

I do think Hasek should continue to play - just not as often.

I think it is to see where Hasek is and what he can do this year. If it looks like he can be last years dominator than he will get the play. If he continues to look good but not great you will probably see a lot more Osgood.

I think 6 games in is a little quick to judge a guy who is a notoriously slow starter, yet usually finishes henomenally (when healthy).

Opie, don't clutter up this great topic by making valid points.

I definetely think that Ozzie deserves to and will play in more games this year than last year but it's a little quick to be throwing Dom under the bus. He is one of the most clutch goalies of all time and if he stay's healthy he will be the one to lead us to the promised land this year!!

What's to stop Chris Chelios from making Babcock start Hasek tonight instead of Osgood?

And how is Dom supposed to do that if Ozzie is starting every game?

The same can be said about Osgood not getting a start as often. Osgood don't start often anymore, but if when he does he is kicking ass and doing better than Dom, as is the case alot of the time, why not play Ozzie more and then go back to Dom and if he is doing better, do the same. It seems unfair and a bit ridiculus that Osgood will play out of his ass and Dom will let in 4 goals on 18 shots and because he is predesignated starter, though I suppose that is just how things are, just makes more sense that the better goaltender should play, and in my OPINION, I think Osgood is a more consistent and reliable goaltender... others are welcome to their opinion, but thats mine...

Opie, don't clutter up this great topic by making valid points.

My bad I will stick to things like:

What the hell ozzie sucks he always lets in 800 foot goals or

Hasek sucks and is old.

LOL thanks for the compliment Copenhagen.

The same can be said about Osgood not getting a start as often. Osgood don't start often anymore, but if when he does he is kicking ass and doing better than Dom, as is the case alot of the time, why not play Ozzie more and then go back to Dom and if he is doing better, do the same. It seems unfair and a bit ridiculus that Osgood will play out of his ass and Dom will let in 4 goals on 18 shots and because he is predesignated starter, though I suppose that is just how things are, just makes more sense that the better goaltender should play, and in my OPINION, I think Osgood is a more consistent and reliable goaltender... others are welcome to their opinion, but thats mine...

First of all, I'm all for Ozzie starting a solid amount of the regular season games. I was the first to say that it should almost be a 60-40 split with Dom getting the majority of the starts. But your argument that Osgood should play until Dom gets his head on right is off base. How do you expect him to get his head on right if you don't play the guy?

Now, if you like Osgood more then Dom thats one thing, but Dom is definitely the better goaltender. Most Osgood fans will even admit that Dom is the more talented of the two. It's no knock on Oz, but just how great Dom is and can be. Sure he has been less than stellar to start the season, but the guy always starts this way. On top of that, its pretty hard to argue with his success.

Again though, I completely agree that Oz should be getting a good share of starts (more than he did last year), but lets keep things in perspective. Dom's played all of 4 games this season, which is hardly a fair sample study.

First of all, I'm all for Ozzie starting a solid amount of the regular season games. I was the first to say that it should almost be a 60-40 split with Dom getting the majority of the starts. But your argument that Osgood should play until Dom gets his head on right is off base. How do you expect him to get his head on right if you don't play the guy?

Now, if you like Osgood more then Dom thats one thing, but Dom is definitely the better goaltender. Most Osgood fans will even admit that Dom is the more talented of the two. It's no knock on Oz, but just how great Dom is and can be. Sure he has been less than stellar to start the season, but the guy always starts this way. On top of that, its pretty hard to argue with his success.

Again though, I completely agree that Oz should be getting a good share of starts (more than he did last year), but lets keep things in perspective. Dom's played all of 4 games this season, which is hardly a fair sample study.

:clap::clap:

Case closed.

well said ... Dom is the #1, Ozzie is #2, and, agree or disagree, everyone knows that's the way it is ... i think the goal when it comes to deciding playing time is to keep Dom fresh, healthy, in a rhythm, and performing at a high level so that he is ready to go at playoff time. benching him for multiple games in a row if he has an off night serves no purpose, he's not a rookie having confidence problems who needs to get his head on straight, he's an old pro ... he gets a night off, then comes back strong. if it's april and Dom is losing more than winning then let's start this thread ... right now it's silly.

Ozzie is playing good right now, but the overall choice is still the Dominator. besides Ozzie doesen't want the starting role he is happy being a backup, ready when we need him. If he was starting we'd be paying him more money.

Ozzie is playing good right now, but the overall choice is still the Dominator. besides Ozzie doesen't want the starting role he is happy being a backup, ready when we need him. If he was starting we'd be paying him more money.

Really? I find it hard to believe that Ozzie doesn't wish he was the #1 in Detroit. He knows he's not, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to be the guy.

Guest jaytan

I'd start Chris Chelios. What's to stop him from posting 60 shutouts this season?

On a serious note, I wish we hadn't spent the money to re-sign Hasek and said all offseason that we shouldn't. Ozzie's taken us to the Cup before and he can still handle it. And he doesn't scare me like Hasek does sometimes.

Of course, now that we've signed Hasek on for another year, it would be stupid not to use him. I think they should basically split the regular season until Hasek's injury occurs. Then Ozzie can carry the load for the rest of the season.

I'd start Chris Chelios. What's to stop him from posting 60 shutouts this season?

On a serious note, I wish we hadn't spent the money to re-sign Hasek and said all offseason that we shouldn't. Ozzie's taken us to the Cup before and he can still handle it. And he doesn't scare me like Hasek does sometimes.

Of course, now that we've signed Hasek on for another year, it would be stupid not to use him. I think they should basically split the regular season until Hasek's injury occurs. Then Ozzie can carry the load for the rest of the season.

Lovely

:nonono: