• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gretzkyyzerman

Watch NHL over the Internet - link?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I think I read in a few posts that one could watch NHL games from some internet source. Unfortunately I couldn't find it using the search function, so if someone could provide me with the link or the thread that'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!

PS: Versus shows... Bullriding?!

If you want to watch an occasional game for free, go to Yahoo's NHL scoreboard page. Once in a while, one of the games is broadcast for free. In fact, I think the Wings game tonight is.

Here's the link to today's games. The Wings game should become available at 10:00 Eastern time.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/scoreboard;_yl...Ik8TvTN8ZN7vLYF

I still have hope in this myp2p site. Its the beginning of the season, so maybe they can fix some of the streaming problems they have so far. Last year I could watch many games there. Hope it gets better this year.

Apart from that there are streams from yahoo and cbc which have a very good quality. Tonights game is for example on yahoo. European users will need an american proxy.

Actually thre was also versus available over TVU player. So european Wings Fans can at least watch all red wings games on versus too. But since a few days the versus stream doesnt work anymore. Hope they can fix it.

By the way, it would be awesome if there was anyone on this site who would be able and willing to stream all or at least a few red wings games for those people who dont have the chance to watch the wings :)

the yahoo website is tellign me this game is restricted for me due to geographics

Even my I.P. address is blocked in Toledo. I can watch Yahoo video on cellular, but not my home DSL.

This is just gone too far. If this is Bettmans idea of how to make more money for the NHL? What a DICK!!!!!!

the yahoo website is tellign me this game is restricted for me due to geographics

go into your Yahoo account settings and change your zip code to something else...like Alaska. This is what yahoo uses to black out its users for games in their area. If you use a zip for someplace that doesn't have a hockey team, wont be blacked out for ANY games. :)

EDIT: for clarity

Edited by DatsyukRules

go into your Yahoo account settings and change your zip code to something else...like Alaska. This is what yahoo uses to black out its users for games in their area. If you use a zip for someplace that doesn't have a hockey team, wont be blacked out for ANY games. :)

I can try, but I was not even logged in, no zip code or username, I believe my I.P. was blocked.

I can try, but I was not even logged in, no zip code or username, I believe my I.P. was blocked.

I am watching via cellular right now. How sad.

hmm, they may have changed it to the IP scanning....but last season I as able to watch the wings simply by changing my zip. That sucks if they switched it. let me know if it works.

...ok just tired it and the "change your zip code" method doesnt work anymore....this is so frustrating.

Edited by DatsyukRules

hmm, they may have changed it to the IP scanning....but last season I as able to watch the wings simply by changing my zip. That sucks if they switched it. let me know if it works.

...ok just tired it and the "change your zip code" method doesnt work anymore....this is so frustrating.

I am at work now, I can check another time, the reason for the cellular connection.

I am in Toledo, where are you? Are you totally blacked on t.v.?

yeah, you have to mask your IP address for it to work.

http://hockeywebcasts.com/

is also another site that i use to keep up with the games online.

you don't need any type of software other than the standard windows media player to watch many games and other times you get a link to a sort of, online tv player through a website.

and also stay tuned with sopcast, when it runs properly, its awesome.

granted the video quality isnt always the best, but hey, its free.