• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Dynasty

Weller Pops Tootoo

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Serious question now, not arguing... You don't think that any of it at all had to do with the fact that it was Tootoo?

I have a feeling that the opinions would be different if the names on the jerseys were different, or if the entire situation was reversed. What if it were Martin Erat coming around the back of the net and Weller charging at him gets an elbow up high to the head, then Tootoo comes in and clotheslines Weller? You know for a fact that everyone would be laying into Tootoo for it and calling for his suspension and ouster from the league.

It's like if I killed someone and went to Prison, people would say how terrible I was, and the judicial system would punish me accordingly. But fast forward a couple years and suppose I murdered Ted Kaczynski while I was in there. Would the prison officials ignore it just because of who I killed? no, they would add on to my sentence and put me in harsher conditions.

:ph34r: ugh, it's embarassing to read that stuff. I hope people can see that i'm not THAT much of a homer.

I guess anything is possible Legion. For me, as I said before, I had tivo'd the game and watched that replay a half dozen times. I was pretty convinced the call was overblown right then and there. Wasn't Hartnell given a match last year in the playoffs and it was rescinded? I don't know if the names matter anymore seeing as how stiff the penalties have been thus far. It's possible but I doubt it.

Serious question now, not arguing... You don't think that any of it at all had to do with the fact that it was Tootoo?

For a guy that is your (second) least favorite player you seem to spend an awful lot of time defending him. Serious question: if Tootoo wasn't a Pred, would you still be such a supporter, rushing in to defend him from those terrible Wings fans?

Please spare us the "Classy fan" bit BTW; everybody cheers when Tootoo gets taken out because he has earned that level of contempt from fans around the league, it’s not just us.

For a guy that is your (second) least favorite player you seem to spend an awful lot of time defending him. Serious question: if Tootoo wasn't a Pred, would you still be such a supporter, rushing in to defend him from those terrible Wings fans?

no I wouldn't really have much to say if he weren't a pred. I haven't said a word on Downey or Boulerice. Never mentioned Hollweg last season.

and yes he is my (second) least favorite pred. But he's still a pred, I wouldn't be a die-hard fan if I weren't a homer. And I don't really defend Tootoo, I just try to point out where his actions are blown out of proportion and calls for his banishment are unjustified.

Guest LivingtheDream

Uh, no. Since the Wings wouldn't sign him, I don't have to worry about being a hypocrite.

He's a douchebag. Just like Pronger, Lemieux, Boulerice, Simon, and Ulf Samuelsson... oh, yeah.

Hey WD, your picture/avatar has knobs from an old HH Scott amp if I am not mistaken. Oh, to be on topic. Tootoo is a diving ***** cheap shot no good poseur whose day will come!

about time, Tootoo is as Busch league as they come... that clothsline was a LONG time coming

some classy responses from the classiest fans in the league :thumbdown:

Was it a dirty hit? yes, not as bad as it could have been, it does appear that he hit with the shoulder first and followed through with the forearm (yeah, the elbow is at the end of the forearm). But to Praise Weller for an even dirtier cheap shot is BS. You people are the same fans who were trashing Tootoo for not dropping the gloves and squaring up, but it's perfectly fine for Weller to clothsline a guy? whatever

As for having no ability. Tootoo already has 2 points in 5 games this season. If he keeps it up, he's on pace for 30+ anyone watching him this season can tell that he's turning it around this year.

you have to have better things to do than spend all day on rival teams' forums defending Jordin Tootoo

no, I was just sharing it since we're on the topic of elbows and headshots.

as for Tootoo, I think the kid is a great story, but anyone who has been around me long enough knows that he's my (now second) least favorite player on the Preds, Scott Nichol is currently worse than Tootoo I believe.

Then you've got a guy like Scott Nichol who will spear a dude in the package, and no one says a thing. Tootoo is miles ahead of Nichol in the class and sportsmanship department.

He also is known for leaving his feet when delivering a check... im not sure how he is a great story , unless youre bringing up his being the first of his ethnic background to get into the NHL. He should be evaluated on his level of play, not his skin color or whatever. He will have to develop somewhat of an offensive game if he wants to remain a full time NHL player, he's been given chances to do so over the past couple of years, even had time with Kariya on a line for a while. His style of reckless abandon and always going for big hits type play will eventually take its toll on his shoulders and knees, unless he starts picking his moments...

I agree with you about Nichol, not sure what their attraction is to that player. Tootoo is hated around the league much more than Nichol, I would say that Tootoo is close to Pronger and Chelios when it comes to being hated league wide.

no I wouldn't really have much to say if he weren't a pred. I haven't said a word on Downey or Boulerice. Never mentioned Hollweg last season.

and yes he is my (second) least favorite pred. But he's still a pred, I wouldn't be a die-hard fan if I weren't a homer. And I don't really defend Tootoo, I just try to point out where his actions are blown out of proportion and calls for his banishment are unjustified.

What does Downey have to do with this ? Boulerice is worthless.

He also is known for leaving his feet when delivering a check... im not sure how he is a great story , unless youre bringing up his being the first of his ethnic background to get into the NHL. He should be evaluated on his level of play, not his skin color or whatever. He will have to develop somewhat of an offensive game if he wants to remain a full time NHL player, he's been given chances to do so over the past couple of years, even had time with Kariya on a line for a while. His style of reckless abandon and always going for big hits type play will eventually take its toll on his shoulders and knees, unless he starts picking his moments...

I agree with you about Nichol, not sure what their attraction is to that player. Tootoo is hated around the league much more than Nichol, I would say that Tootoo is close to Pronger and Chelios when it comes to being hated league wide. What does Downey have to do with this ? Boulerice is worthless.

:( I thought everyone loved Chelios.