• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
auxlepli

Chelios Versus Bettman

Rate this topic

I hope this battle between Chelios and Bettman escalates in such a manner that Bettman will be removed as commissioner.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...0410/1128/rss16

His last quote gives me hope.

Chelios said he expects more details and facts to surface surrounding the relationship between Saskin and the duo of Bettman and Daly. "It's far from being over," Chelios said. "There's a lot more people will know about. None of it is out."

I disagree with Chelios about the NHL on Versus, but I'm throughly in his corner in this fight

I hope this battle between Chelios and Bettman escalates in such a manner that Bettman will be removed as commissioner.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...0410/1128/rss16

His last quote gives me hope.

I disagree with Chelios about the NHL on Versus, but I'm throughly in his corner in this fight

I applaud Cheli for standing up for something when it made him less than popular amongst his peers.

But I fear that Chelios wants the PA to act as it did during the Goodenow era where the relationship between the union and the league was icy at best.

The league is doing well and the players are being paid handsomely. I don't want Cheli to pick a leader that is only interested in being a thorn in the league's side. That will only serve to hurt the league.

I hope the two sides can continue to operate as a partnership so that a work stoppage never happens again. But I get a bad feeling that with the direction the PA is taking, icy slopes are ahead.

The league and the game itself have been turned into the biggest joke in sports. Bettman is completely incompetent and due to his actions Hockey has been turned into nothing more than a niche sport, and seems to be content to chase us die-hard fans away. How does this fool plan to get any new fans when the games suck because of all the ridiculous calls that the refs, the announcers and the fans can't even figure out or explain what the hell a penalty is. Let's not forgot his ingenious marketing of the league: the NHL on versus, yeah because when those regular watchers of that channel are done watching fishing or hunting show I'm sure hockey is just what they've been witing for.

IMPEACH BETTMAN!!!!

Pieces

Satan

Edited by Satan81

I applaud Cheli for standing up for something when it made him less than popular amongst his peers.

But I fear that Chelios wants the PA to act as it did during the Goodenow era where the relationship between the union and the league was icy at best.

The league is doing well and the players are being paid handsomely. I don't want Cheli to pick a leader that is only interested in being a thorn in the league's side. That will only serve to hurt the league.

I hope the two sides can continue to operate as a partnership so that a work stoppage never happens again. But I get a bad feeling that with the direction the PA is taking, icy slopes are ahead.

I don't see how it could be worse than Goodenow and Bettman. The tone from both sides was a pretty strong indication that the season was lost.

Thankfully Goodenow is gone. Now I'm just praying for the day Gary gets the boot.

gary buttf***man and his little cronies are getting close to being irrelevant, along with the league. I didn't even watch the game last night.

Chelios wants a "private conversation"............i wonder how embarrassed buttf***man is when this got leaked.

2009 is just around the corner, and the linked story says more players need to be engaged in NHL labor problems like Chelios is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...&id=3067557

If the players were to reopen the CBA in September 2009, and if that led to another work stoppage, it might well be far more disastrous for the industry than the last lockout. ...

While players might complain about the salary cap, there are teams that contend that at over $50 million per season the cap is still far too high and forces clubs to spend more than their individual revenues can handle, even with leaguewide revenue sharing.

So how much sense would there be for the players to start spoiling for a new fight if the business is wobbly?

Yet the League is worried more about heated blades and new sweaters.

Chris Chelios will never overthrow me. I'm like a creeping vine, or a bad case of gonorrhea. I just don't go away, no matter how hard you try.

Chris Chelios doesn't have the crudentials to be an NHL commisioner. He told me the other day he has no intention of keeping the Nashville Predators in Nashville, which is what really set me off with him in the first place. They have millions upon millions of great hockey fans down there that deserve to keep their team. Looking at my record books, I think they are leading the league in sellouts right now. The faulty statistics you seen last year were all purely lies.

Fret not hockey fans. I assure you I will be NHL commisioner for a long, long time.

Edited by Gary Bettman

What's to stop chelli from destroying the disease known as bettman, and putting our very own Mr. " the Commish" Scotty Bowman in power?

Even the Mullet would have nothing to say!

Chris Chelios doesn't have the crudentials to be an NHL commisioner.

You don't have the "crudentials" to be commissioner of a beer league, Mr. Buttfuc--err, Bettman.

At least Chelios has more integrity and actually cares about the game of hockey - respect for its past, concern for its present and hope for its future. You, on the other hand, have no respect for the history of the game and are content to sit back and watch this great sport become a shell of its former self.

You need to be gone. Now.

There is a fine line to walk if you are a Union President. Yes you shouldn't be an obstructionist and you want to keep negotiations flowing smoothly. But under no circumstance do you have that type of an exchange between the PA director and the NHL commissioner or one of his deputies. This sounds very underhanded and their relationship a little too friendly. This might be the start of some very disturbing information coming out about the leadership in the PA.

Now to be honest I do not blame Bettman for this, yes his e-mail was in very poor judgment. But it sounds like he found a pasty in Saskin and he manipulated the situation. His job is to make the owners very successful and he is the type to take advantage of every situation. The Director of the PA has to have the players' best interests and make sure there is a free market. If I was a player I much rather have Bob Goodenow then Ted Saskin leading the union. These two men are polar opposites, hopefully the new union chief will be somewhere in the middle.