• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob the Badger

The Official List of Hat Tricks

Rate this topic

#19 is lame.

How about replacing it with:

Scotty Bowman Hat Trick - 1,248 Career Wins, 9 Stanley Cups, 0 B.S.

:D

Doesn't Scotty have 10 rings in his collection?

21) The Tootoo - 1 charge, 1 pre-emptive punch, 1 clothesline, and 1,000,000 Smashvegas homers defending his play. =D

Oh, like they have 1,000,000 fans. More like 1,000 Smashvegas homes defending his play.

If I remember correctly. He had 9 as a head coach, and 10 total. I'll need to look it up in order to be sure.

He was the director of player development for the Penguins for their 91 Cup season (if you want to count that). He coached the team to the Cup in 92.

Oh, like they have 1,000,000 fans. More like 1,000 Smashvegas homes defending his play.

I know, I was hoping it might ease the pain whenever legionnaire saw his favorite "great story" picked on.

Make that 1,000 and 1 though. Eklund will save the Preds, you know.

He was the director of player development for the Penguins for their 91 Cup season (if you want to count that). He coached the team to the Cup in 92.

10 rings in the collection, 9 from behind the bench. That sounds right.

And yes, Scotty has the greatest resume' ever... but I'm throwing Carlyle a bone. I watched him coach the Moose in the IHL for years, and I'm not making a "Red Wings" only list. I have to spread the love around a bit because the list is from my Blue Line Comics website. I try to make it appeal to the majority of hockey fans... not just those of us who like the Red Wings.

Keep the suggestions coming though. This should be fun.

Did any of you hear about the Avalanche vs. Flames game last night?

Ryan Smyth scored two goals in regulation time. Then he scored one in the shootout, which eventually ended up being the winner. When Smyth scored the shootout goal the Colorado fans threw hats on the ice. So there was a delay to clear the ice since there were more shooters.

Roger Millions & John Garrett were doing the Flames TV ply-by-play. Garrett & Millions used this to insinuate that the fans in this American market obviously didn't know that this is not a "real" hat trick and that it is "no wonder hockey is struggling in the US".

The Dumb Avalanche Fans Hat Trick = Two goals in regulation and one goal in the shootout