10/18 GDT: Red Wings 4, San Jose Sharks 2

Rate this topic

IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

**MODERATOR NOTE**

The game day thread is an excellent place to discuss the game each night. However, the mods and admin have come to the conclusion that the GDTs have become entirely too cluttered and full of wasteful posts that don't contribute anything. It's not pleasant to try and read or post in a GDT when entire pages are full of posts that say nothing at all. Therefore, we ask that you please refrain from posting for the sake of posting. One and two-word posts, especially, need to stop. Trying to be the first to post when a goal is scored or a power play is awarded brings discussion to a screeching halt. Please limit talk in the GDT to constructive opinions and observations on the game at hand - that's what the GDT is for.

Edited by aflac9262

me first! Thanks for the quality job on the GDT, as always, Aflac!

Hope our hurtin' guys are OK, but that they don't push it tonight if they're not 100%. Good luck to Ozzie!

Wiings win 3-2.

See ya tomorrow~ :zzz: nighty-night!

+ Johan Franzen (Sprained Knee); Out

+ Nicklas Lidstrom (Ribs); Questionable

+ Mikael Samuelsson (Groin); Questionable

+ Kyle Quincey (Broken Bone in Left Hand); Out

+ Henrik Zetterberg (Hip Flexor); Questionable

ugh, if all these guys are out we are SCREWED!!!

But, not ALL of them will be out so...

Wings 3 (Flip, Drapes, Homer)

Sharks 2 (Marleau, Cheechoo)

Lidstrom probably got hurt by that bulls*** back-check by one of the goons (donno who it was) in monday's game documentary on why the ducks are giant douchebags.

And heh, I'd love to see flips score, but it probably won't happen. =/ If Z is out, I think we're in trouble.

If Z is in:

4-3 Wings

Z, Z, Drapes, Datsyuk

If not, 3-2 Sharks

Drapes, Rafski

Edited by Z and D for the C

Z being out doesn't mean there's trouble. We played the last quarter of the season without him.

Tomorrow's game is up in the air. And I think the team can handle Lids being out too.

Then again they may just fall apart and it'll be a really embarrassing game. So like I said, who knows

Z being out doesn't mean there's trouble. We played the last quarter of the season without him.

Tomorrow's game is up in the air. And I think the team can handle Lids being out too.

Then again they may just fall apart and it'll be a really embarrassing game. So like I said, who knows

We played the last quarter of the season with an actual 2nd line of Calder, Bert, and Lang, too.

Everyone - please see the note added to the bottom of aflac's initial post. aflac does a magnificent job of providing us a GDT and we are trying to keep the clutter out that has become the norm. We're trying to bring the GDT back towards its intended purpose - a place where people can discuss the game at hand - and we need to cut down big-time on the clutter, extraneous posting, and thread derailing that seems to happen every night.

Guest Jeremy88

We can handle Z sitting out, we've got Datsyuk, Draper, and Holmstrom to score goals. Lidstrom being out might be a problem though, let one sit out tonight and let the other sit out against phoenix, we'll be fine.

Guest DetroitIan

Wings 4 Sharks 1

Red Wings goals scored by: Datsyuk, Kronwall, Draper, and Homer.

Sharks goal scored by: Cheechoo

Edited by DetroitIan

Great job on the GDT as usual. Tonights game will be interesting. I won't be joining the boards until 11:40 approximately as I come flying through the door from work to get settled :D But we have FSN at work, so hopefully I won't miss too much of the game. I hate to say it but if lids and zatta are out tonight its not gonna be a pretty night. Yeah I know we played last year without zetterberg but as YoungGuns mentioned we also had a second line last year. This year, most of the feeds for goals have come from zetterberg, and lidstrom for the defensive goals scored. Offense and Defense are really gonna have to step up their game tonight, or we have to at least get one in the net and Ozzie has to stand on his head and become a puck ninja who lets nothing by. Since I don't really see the offense and defense picking up, here's to Oz playing a tremendous game and hopefully we can squeak by with something good. :thumbup: Catch yall tonight, i'm gonna try going back to bed.

For the first time in my life, I'm glad ozzie has the start.

Babcock's decision

says Babcock:

"The thing I know about Dom is, no one cares more than he does. He'll work it out," Babcock said, adding Hasek spent extra time Wednesday working on technique.

"We have to do a better job for him. If your goalie is standing on his head, you don't have to generate offense. When he's not, you have to generate more offense. We're in all in it together."

Hasek understood and supported Babcock's decision.

Osgood didn't think much of the change. Osgood feels he's likely to play more this season, enabling Hasek to get rest.

"Dom and I are probably going to split the games anyway," Osgood said. "Usually when we come out here (West Coast), that's what we did last year, and this year is no different.

"Dom doesn't need to be playing 60 games. That was probably too much."

Good on Ozzie. He understands they're a team, and it's not a competition. So does Dom. It's the fans who are freaking out, not the team. Thankfully. :cool:

I have never made the first page of a game day thread! Driving kids to school pays off!

Tonights Line and Pick

Detroit +115

San Jose -135

Total 5 -110

I would love to take the wings with the money (doesn't happen very often) but again the total of Over 5 looks good.

Edited by HuntsVegas Baby

Wow, I didn't think I was gonna be home for this game. I'm actually going to be on campus until about 10pm; an assistant producer for Law & Order: Criminal Intent is coming on campus as part of a Communication course and he's showing us the new episode of CI three hours before it airs. And me being the tech on campus...well, I'm sticking around to make sure all the equipment works...while I'm watching CI, of course. :P

That said...hopefully after this long day, I'll be able to stay up for the entire game. I'm a little nervous about Zetts potentially being out, since...well, he's been the bulk of our scoring thus far. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing how this team performs with him out of the lineup. Same if Nick's out; our D will have to really step up and I'd like to see how they cope.

Tasty 5.30 AM start,a live broadcast :thumbup: (and coffee) will easily keep me awake.

4-3 Wings,time for Hudler to start producing.

5:30! :o Live broadcast, as in you actually get to see the game?!

We've already had 1 Wings game this season, unfortunately that will be it for a while.