• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SweWings

Dick Axelsson and Daniel Larsson

Rate this topic

My hometown team is Frölunda and one of the biggest rivalries I suppose is always with the capital city team Djurgården, or DIF. Well I don't know about rivalries but it's always fun to see them lose. But this year there are two players on that team that makes me support DIF in secret. And they're not doing that bad.

Dick Axelsson

8 games - 5 goals 2 assists and 10 shots on goal only

Larsson, Daniel

9 games - GA 1,99 - S% 92,83 - 3 SO

Not bad right. Dick Axelsson is showing real potential. 50% of his shots on goal go in. Hopefully he'll keep it up. In a league like SEL if he ends up with 15-20 goals total would be cool. If he then performs in the playoffs, we might have a sweet player on our hands. The scorer we've been missing. And he isn't too small either - 6' 2''. I know size isn't everything but if he's got the attitude as well then :thumbup: .

Last year I was already looking at Daniel Larsson and thought he had potential. Definitely ahead of Stefan Liv in terms of potential. Liv can mix crazy good games with terrible performances. Definitely not the stability necessary for performing in NHL. But Daniel Larsson is a different story. Last season he played 49 games, and recorded 3 SO, 2,53 GA and 91,08 S%. Not too bad when playing for a team that missed the playoffs. With 9 games played in this season he's already matched his SO from last season and his record is better.

I do realize that the season is long and that there's many games left but if they can keep it up then we've got a couple of really interesting prospects right here!

At the game yesterday, watching was the man who drafted Axelsson, HÃ¥kan Andersson.

"There are no limits how good he can be says Andersson, who drafted him a year ago in the second round.

I am convinced we gonna sign him next season.We don´t wanna loose a guy like this."

Larsson has also played very well, and he will get a contract as well.

Joakim Andersson has also started off well. 2G 6A from 10G in the 2nd tier is awfully good for an 18 yr old.

Guest wingswillwincup

thats just awesome , i been telling my friends about larsson and axelsson and how much of a good feeling i got that those 2 are gonna be really good nhl players , just imagine if axelsson becomes the sniper we haven't had in good knows how long ?? And i hope howard becomes awesome but its just my gut telling me larsson is the future , after all our team is made up of 90 % swedish players right ?? hahaha :P , anyways if howard and larsson are both awesome then that'll be a great problem to have

axelsson larsson andersson ryno ericsson kindl howard mursak ....... the future looks really bright :thumbup:

btw swewings is there any way to catch swedish hockey games online ?????

Edited by wingswillwincup

thats just awesome , i been telling my friends about larsson and axelsson and how much of a good feeling i got that those 2 are gonna be really good nhl players , just imagine if axelsson becomes the sniper we haven't had in good knows how long ?? And i hope howard becomes awesome but its just my gut telling me larsson is the future , after all our team is made up of 90 % swedish players right ?? hahaha :P , anyways if howard and larsson are both awesome then that'll be a great problem to have

axelsson larsson andersson ryno ericsson kindl howard mursak ....... the future looks really bright :thumbup:

btw swewings is there any way to catch swedish hockey games online ?????

By way of sopcast or such? I don't think they show very many regular season games - if any. During the playoffs though they tend to appear - they definitely did last season.

Guest wingswillwincup

By way of sopcast or such? I don't think they show very many regular season games - if any. During the playoffs though they tend to appear - they definitely did last season.

you wouldnt happen to know of any sites ?

An update on Larsson. In last nights game he stopped 35 of 37 shots. He's now moved into second overall in both SV% and GAA. His stats to date.

12 games played

1.98 GAA

92.88 SV%

3 Shutouts

He's also faced the third most shots on goal.

An update on Larsson. In last nights game he stopped 35 of 37 shots. He's now moved into second overall in both SV% and GAA. His stats to date.

12 games played

1.98 GAA

92.88 SV%

3 Shutouts

He's also faced the third most shots on goal.

Larsson posted a 1 goal game tonight, stopping 14 of 15 shots. That moves his SV% to 92.90%, with a GAA of 1.90 over 13 games played. The kid is making a pretty damn good showing so far.

I happen to think, from things I've read, that he's better than Liv is/was and has a more level head.

Oh, and for comparisons sake, HV71 (Liv's current team) is first overall in the SEL. Liv has played 13 of 15 games and his stats are a 90.35 SV% and a 2.53 GAA

Edited by al48

The problem with Liv was always the stability - he could mix amazing games with complete blow-outs. Larsson on the other hand seems to be a lot more even - a lot like a certain NYR goalie. It's unfortunate that Liv is going to get the nr 1 spot in the upcoming Karjala Cup...and Larsson isn't even in the squad. Sigh...

Guest wingswillwincup

those 2 kids are gonna be unbelievable and i think larsson will be the number 1 .......our whole team will consist of swedes hahaha

ryno zetterberg axelsson ...... nice line lol :P