• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Skiing - Puck

Forsberg to be playing soon and McGrattan may be on the move

Rate this topic

It's not just the media...

Let me guess...Zetterberg territory, right?

True. That's why it doesn't make sense. And he doesn't need the money either and he can't win the Swedish Championship in the NHL, so...

Not at all, Umeå.. And im a Färjestad fan. I do think he will end up in MODO at some point, just don't think it'll be now. I know you're hoping though :P. What more than the media? Sure people are hoping, but has he stated that he wants to play in MODO this season himself? Thats really the only thing that matters. And local journalists are hoping just as much as everyone else, of course they want it to sound like hes going to stay in MODO. Forsberg is such a competitive person, why wouldnt he play with the best players in the world? (ya sure he hasn't won the Swedish campionship, but when you have a chance to win the stanley cup, thats not to big a choice you know ;) )

Not at all, Umeå.. And im a Färjestad fan. I do think he will end up in MODO at some point, just don't think it'll be now. I know you're hoping though :P. What more than the media? Sure people are hoping, but has he stated that he wants to play in MODO this season himself? Thats really the only thing that matters. And local journalists are hoping just as much as everyone else, of course they want it to sound like hes going to stay in MODO. Forsberg is such a competitive person, why wouldnt he play with the best players in the world? (ya sure he hasn't won the Swedish campionship, but when you have a chance to win the stanley cup, thats not to big a choice you know

That would be much more true if he hadn't already won the Cup twice. He's also won Olympic gold twice. And the World Championships. And TV-pucken :-)

Everything!

...except the Swedish Championship!

Oh yeah, he hasn't won the European Championship either, but just as a coincidence, MODO (being the present Swedish champions) *happen* to compete for that cup this upcoming January.

But no, he hasn't stated that he wants to play in MODO but then again, he hasn't stated that he wants to play in the NHL either. What he has said is that he wants to check his body and test the correct equipment to see if everything works. If it doesn't, he will retire. This, he says, is the last test. So, to end up in MODO "at some point" isn't a matter of years any longer but rather months.

However, I have to admit that the development this past 24 hours (with Peter announcing a comeback with the Swedish National team, news that occured AFTER my first posting in this thread), doesn't seem to speak in favour of MODO. Forsberg wants to play some games to see if everything works, but if he plays with a club, he has to stay there for the rest of this season. So, he chooses the national team and not "a club" (i.e. MODO). If he really wants to play with MODO this year, this shouldn't be an issue. But then again, maybe playing in Karjala Cup against the best available Europeans (Russians, Czechs and Finns) at the moment will give him the answer about where he stands; will he be able to play in the NHL or will it rather be MODO? Or will he retire?

Edited by J Mikael Uhlin

That would be much more true if he hadn't already won the Cup twice. He's also won Olympic gold twice. And the World Championships. And TV-pucken :-)

Everything!

...except the Swedish Championship!

Oh yeah, he hasn't won the European Championship either, but just as a coincidence, MODO (being the present Swedish champions) *happen* to compete for that cup this upcoming January.

But no, he hasn't stated that he wants to play in MODO but then again, he hasn't stated that he wants to play in the NHL either. What he has said is that he wants to check his body and test the correct equipment to see if everything works. If it doesn't, he will retire. This, he says, is the last test. So, to end up in MODO "at some point" isn't a matter of years any longer but rather months.

However, I have to agree that the news this past 24 hours (with Peter announcing a comeback with the Swedish National team, news that occured AFTER my first posting in this thread), doesn't seem to speak in favour of MODO. Forsberg wants to play some games to see if everything works, but if he plays with a club, he has to stay there for the rest of this season. So, he chooses the national team and not "a club" (i.e. MODO). If he really wants to play with MODO this year, this shouldn't be an issue. But then again, maybe playing in Karjala Cup against the best available Europeans (Russians, Czechs and Finns) at the moment will give him the answer about where he stands; will he be able to play in the NHL or will it rather be MODO? Or will he retire?

Probably yea. I still think though that he will be able to play a couple more years if he can get his foot toghether. And it seems like he believes that to, its not like he stated that this is his last season or anything.

Guest lnvincible

You can never be a 100% sure where he is gonna end up , even tho i do believe that hes gonna be playing in the NHL , im jus not sure what team hes gonna decided to play with. I really hope its wings , but then again when i was thinkin of it , why would we want him for a year then he goes again into retirement after we eaither lose in the playoffs and or win it. I raither get someone who is committed to play on the wings raither then someone who jus wants another ring. Eaither way i'll support wings decisions :D

Forsberg's career is probably over now. He just stepped off the ice during practice with the Swedish National team due to his foot injury.

According to the Swedish news paper Aftonbladet, he is leaving Team Sweden right away.

:(

Edited by jke