• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Brendan Smith

Rate this topic

Named to AHL All-Rookie team thumbup.gif This kid can't get to the big club quick enough...

link

I disagree. He shouldn't come up until we have a definite spot for him. He is far too good to be fighting for ice time, and Kindl and Ericsson need it because they could be good themselves if they get the right experience. Another year in the AHL would get him to be more prepared mentally and physically. He should also have a shot at an AHL MVP if he could get the griffins into the playoffs.

He needs defensive work, and it wouldn't hurt for him to help McCollum get back on his feet.

Wasn't saying tomorrow or even next year. Was just voicing my excitement for a young player who seems to have the tools to be a pretty dang good NHLer and at a position that we need. That is all.

Oh I know, and I am excited for him as well. I just don't want to rush anyone based on excitement, I want him to end up being a big part of our team. I just feel that Kindl could be a quality top four defenseman and he might not get there if we just bring Smith up next year for the hell of it.

Smith had a beauty of a fight against Kyle Beach tonight vs Rockford. This kid is tough, he might have become my favourite prospect :cool:

I was wondering how he fared against Beach. I'd seen Beach a few times while he played in the Dub and the guy knows how to fight. To see Smith drop em with Beach really speaks volumes. I'm pumped to see Smith in the big leagues in the next couple years.

I saw the fight, Smith is a natural ass kicker without a doubt. Beach got the better of him but Smith knew what he was doing the whole time.

Those are my thoughts exactly. Beach has had about 40 more fights than Smith the last 4 years and is bigger than Smith but Smith handled Beach going toe to toe to a slight edge Beach or a draw.

He is like Abdelkader in a way except tougher. Both played NCAA so they didnt get a chance to fight much but now that Abby is getting experience finally he is getting better. I can see Smith being pretty damn tough after he gets some more fights under his belt.. Hes been fighting really tough guys as well