• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Detroit # 1 Fan

Cleary, Wings to talk extension

Rate this topic

1.2 - 1.5 sounds good to me. Nothing more though.

I love Cleary, but he shouldn't be making anything more then that. He's not a big time goal scorer, plus we need all the cap room we can get to re-sign Z and Lidstrom in a few years and still keep the team competetive (don't want to turn into someone like Tampa, with 3 or 4 good players, and the rest of the team sucks).

Hopefully they get a deal done soon. :)

Edited by Kp-Wings

I hope its sub 2M

I would definitely think so. I dont really see him getting back to 20 goals, in this case i think its best they wait a little while before signing him as right now his agent will be basing things off his production last year. Something like 1.2 a year seems about right to me.

Guest DetroitIan

Let's hope so. I think a 3-4 year deal is just right. I definitely don't wanna lose a quality player like Cleary. Hopefully Kenny goes longterm here.

i dont like the move, we can survive without cleary. I'd give the money to Zetterberg.

We can't give the whole salary cap to Z. At the very least 19 other guys need to get paid too. Cleary's as good a bottom 6 player as any other.

We can't give the whole salary cap to Z. At the very least 19 other guys need to get paid too. Cleary's as good a bottom 6 player as any other.

Cleary was a good top 6 guy in the playoffs. He played near-MVP hockey during the playoffs last year and was most definitely clutch.

Cleary isn't a top goal scorer or a solid first line player by any means, but what he brings to the ice every night is absolutely essential to the Wings, and can easily be the difference between a Stanley Cup championship and a late exit.

Lock this guy up.

Absolutely, plus he's the only one on the team who takes his playoff beard seriously.

Guest DetroitIan

Anything less than 1.5 a year is just homerism. He'd easily get 1.5 on the open market. Which one is worth more, Draper or Cleary?

Without a doubt, it's gotta be Drapes. I love Danny and all. But Draper is just such an important piece to the puzzle. IMO we would be ok without Cleary(although I still dont wanna lose him). But it would be a HUGE loss to lose Kris Draper. Huge loss. Therefore IMO Draper>>>Cleary.

Absolutely, plus he's the only one on the team who takes his playoff beard seriously.

I dunno about that. Draper and Maltby look like frickin mountain-men during the post-season. Especially Malts. That dude has quite the beard.