• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Agalloch

Grigorenko re-assigned, opts for Russia

Rate this topic

I REALLY feel bad for Grigs. That accident really messed up what would have been a damn bright future. Whether or not it is still affecting him physically or just mentally is immaterial...I think it's the reason he is still slacking. Note that this doesn't mean I think the Wings should keep him around for sympathy. They made the right decision. That doesn't stop me from wanting to give the guy a hug.

maybe we'll see him in the future. He's gotta sharpen his skills though.

His skills weren't his problem. His attitude and bad conditioning was what bought him a one-way ticket back to Russia.

I doubt we'll ever see him back.

Guest DetroitIan

Wow, what a HUGE disappointment. I always thought he was gonna be pretty special. But now I realize he's just a ******* bum. And doesnt deserve to don the Winged Wheel. Hope he has fun playing in an inferior league. Go to hell Grigs.

we posted this topic at the exact same minute...

i wonder who actualy posted first hmmm

Your signature took the words right out of my mouth. I echo that exactly. Grigs=BUM.

Wow, what a HUGE disappointment. I always thought he was gonna be pretty special. But now I realize he's just a ******* bum. And doesnt deserve to don the Winged Wheel. Hope he has fun playing in an inferior league. Go to hell Grigs.

Your signature took the words right out of my mouth. I echo that exactly. Grigs=BUM.

Ehehehe. Watch the flame wars really kick off now...

Not that I disagree with you, which I don't. Grigorenko was a huge disappointment. But now, watch all of his "supporters" come to his aide and start a flame war over what you posted, and say how the Wings wronged him by not giving him the chance which he didn't deserve.

I didn't see a need for him in the lineup anyways. Yes, the 2nd line does suck, but we're still winning games right now, and I don't see why we should change up a winning formula.

Guest DetroitIan

Ehehehe. Watch the flame wars really kick off now...

Not that I disagree with you, which I don't. Grigorenko was a huge disappointment. But now, watch all of his "supporters" come to his aide and start a flame war over what you posted, and say how the Wings wronged him by not giving him the chance which he didn't deserve.

I didn't see a need for him in the lineup anyways. Yes, the 2nd line does suck, but we're still winning games right now, and I don't see why we should change up a winning formula.

:clap::clap:

Guest Canadian Wings

:lol::lol::clap::clap::siren:

So, the Wings just let a highly talented but apparently soft European go, because a couple of gritty characters earned their way onto the team instead. Can we put to rest some of the complaints that the team lacks "toughness"?

Highly talented? im hoping your kidding. If he had this talent you speak of, he would be a redwing. Ellis has no toughness and yet he is on the team currently..But he has heart, something grig didnt have.

how the hell can you back up a bum?

Guest Canadian Wings

So, the Wings just let a highly talented but apparently soft European go, because a couple of gritty characters earned their way onto the team instead. Can we put to rest some of the complaints that the team lacks "toughness"?

actually, i believe they let him go due to his ECHL caliber hockey ability at the present time.

Guest Canadian Wings

well i hope he comes back next yr to prove all u deuchbags wrong

sooo i guess u can change your avatar now :hehe:

Highly talented? im hoping your kidding. If he had this talent you speak of, he would be a redwing. Ellis has no toughness and yet he is on the team currently..But he has heart, something grig didnt have.

how the hell can you back up a bum?

How the hell can you think I'm "backing him up"? Because I called him highly talented? Uh, he is. You don't get picked in the first round without it. Period. Loads of very talented players haven't made it in the NHL, because as you may notice, talent isn't all it takes.

I think you're being blinded by sheer hatred. Hell, you didn't even see the point of what I was saying, which is to point out the Wings' apparent evolution of mindset - bring in some grinders instead of loading up the team with highly rated, highly drafted Europeans that didn't necessarily earn their spot.

How the hell can you think I'm "backing him up"? Because I called him highly talented? Uh, he is. You don't get picked in the first round without it. Period. Loads of very talented players haven't made it in the NHL, because as you may notice, talent isn't all it takes.

I think you're being blinded by sheer hatred. Hell, you didn't even see the point of what I was saying, which is to point out the Wings' apparent evolution of mindset - bring in some grinders instead of loading up the team with highly rated, highly drafted Europeans that didn't necessarily earn their spot.

Actually, Grigorenko was drafted in the 2nd round (62nd overall). He was the Wings top pick that year because they didn't use a 1st round pick.

Your assessment is very correct. Grigorenko is a very talented hockey player, but in no way did he deserve to play on this team with what he's shown. Just my opinion anyways.

Guest wingswillwincup

not surprised this happened , just wish we could of given him at least one game with the wings maybe on a 2nd line with dats, but then again i guess its his fault , just sucks cause he had lots of potential , maybe he'll go train and take care of himself and show an effort and come back next season with the same deal , he sucks and back to russia

Actually, Grigorenko was drafted in the 2nd round (62nd overall). He was the Wings top pick that year because they didn't use a 1st round pick.

Your assessment is very correct. Grigorenko is a very talented hockey player, but in no way did he deserve to play on this team with what he's shown. Just my opinion anyways.

Oops, you're right, slip of the tongue somewhat....the Wings trade away their 1st rounder so often it's hard to always remember which top picks come when.