Photo
- - - - -

RW Love Fest 2007-2008 - who's your Winged Icon?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:49 PM

I am cluttering up the hottest Wing thread with my comments about Dom and Lils and other players of whom I am very proud this season (and most other times). I am thinking that thread should be reserved for pics and comments about visuals. What do you all think?

Please feel free to join me over here in a love-fest for the boyz in the Winged Wheel.

**ANYONE WHO COMES IN HERE TO BASH AND TRASH WILL BE SUMMARILY IGNORED!** so don't bother. dry.gif Girls, put them on ignore if they can't participate in the spirit of this thread.

I moved my last post from the Hot Wings thread to start this one:

special hugs to 55fan for supporting Dom in the GDT. I don't feel so alone in there now.

I keep this quote on my message board in my office:

Silence is assent. How often do we face acts of injustice or callousness with silence? A derogatory joke in our presence, an act of selfishness or cruelty, or simply reading of political oppression in our newspapers--all of these instances summon us to choose a side. We can either verbalize our opposition immediately, or--through our silence--we become allies of the act or words we abhor. There is no neutrality. Silence is assent.

This quote is from a very learned man, named Rabbi Bradley Shavit Artson. He was discussing truly important things like religious and social repression, not hockey, of course. But the words mean the same, if you think something is important enough to speak up about. Doesn't mean confrontation, necessarily, as aggression doesn't work well on those who are determined to be unfair and biased. But it does help to refute garbage statements with truths.

'Course, most people don't care a fig about Dominik, or hockey, or anything else that I do. Anyway, thanks, 55. Slowly but surely we may actually make a dent in there so Dom isn't somehow targeted as the goat this season. Or not. I constantly underestimate the sheep-like tendencies of hockey fans as a whole.

Needless to say, I am always proudest of my goalie, there are none finer than the Dominator.

Other Wings I am very proud of right now:

Andreas Lilja - for showing everyone he's got the stuff to be a Red Wing and excel at it, despite being the designated whipping boy, he's hung in there and contributes every game.

Valtteri Filppula - for breaking the seal and getting the monkey "out of his back" by scoring. That's a Dom-ism, by the way. He once said he was "glad to get that monkey out of my back" when he was having a little bad spell in Buffalo. laugh.gif I would say he finally" got off the schneid," but that's not nearly as funny a reference as it used to be. dry.gif

Please continue... Kira, I bet I can guess who you'll list first.

This post has been edited by puckloo39: Today, 01:30 PM

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#2 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:23 PM

good news on Dom's hip

not so good, on Kronner

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#3 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:06 PM

Hugs to you too, Loo!

Alltime, I'm proudest of what Mac did for the Wings. Scorer, enforcer, energizer. His off-ice life is sad, but those were his choices. Who can forget his goals? His fights? I miss him terribly.

Currently, I'm proudest of Zetterberg. He's shining at the top of the NHL, and doing so without getting a big head about it. He credits his teammates and just keep working hard. I value that more than the scoring, because some day the scoring streak will falter, but the attitude will remain.

I'm also proud of Homer, dealing so well with PMS (Putting up with McGoo's Sh!+). He is handling it with humour off-ice. Can't blame him for getting a bit frustrated on-ice. But he hasn't killed anyone yet, so he's a better man than I am. Erm, you know what I mean.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#4 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(55fan @ October 28, 2007 - 08:06PM) View Post

Hugs to you too, Loo!

Alltime, I'm proudest of what Mac did for the Wings. Scorer, enforcer, energizer. His off-ice life is sad, but those were his choices. Who can forget his goals? His fights? I miss him terribly.

Currently, I'm proudest of Zetterberg. He's shining at the top of the NHL, and doing so without getting a big head about it. He credits his teammates and just keep working hard. I value that more than the scoring, because some day the scoring streak will falter, but the attitude will remain.

I'm also proud of Homer, dealing so well with PMS (Putting up with McGoo's Sh!+). He is handling it with humour off-ice. Can't blame him for getting a bit frustrated on-ice. But he hasn't killed anyone yet, so he's a better man than I am. Erm, you know what I mean.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't know how Dom keeps his sense of humor and temper at times, either. Poor guy, he really gets the raw end of the deal with the media. That explains his aloofness, I think. Can't blame him.

Mac-lover, here, too. punk.gif I loved his spirit and his loyalty. Something I loved about him: he was always the last man off the ice, like he felt he needed to be there until the last of his team mates was safely down the hall and no chance of anyone jumping them. Like, he was their protector. I wish the Wings could have found a way to save him from himself. I miss Mac, too.

Zata is a true treasure, and we are so lucky he's ours. I hope and pray he's a Wing for life. I certainly value him for more than his current streak of goals. He'd have more, if the refs would leave him alone. mad.gif But, I know what you mean about his attitude. His parents did a great job with him, Hank's got his head on straight.

And Homer. wub.gif My biggest concern about him is that he's going to bite his tongue someday and really hurt himself. Did you ever notice that Homer isn't capable of skating without his tongue sticking out? It has to be subject of much kidding in the lockerroom. PMS... laugh.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#5 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,750 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:17 PM

Mine isn't a Wing anymore, but he was for a long time, and he'll always be Wing in my heart.

Even though he's not here anymore, he's doing wonderfully on his new team, and no matter what anyone else here (not IN here...I mean on LGW in general, lol) says, I'll always believe in him and cheer him on.

I'm so proud of him for what he did for the Wings for all those years. He went out and did his best no matter what and was never rude or big-headed about any of his successes. Reminds me of how Hank is too. smile.gif But he was always really hard on himself for his losses, and that always made me sad, since most of the time, it wasn't his fault. But, win or lose, I will always cheer him on.

And even though I never met him, I've been told he was always so sweet to his fans, and made sure to sign autographs for everyone who came out, and I'll always admire him for being so wonderful that way.

I miss you Manny sad.gif Best of luck in St. Louis, and I hope you know there will always be one little fan back in Michigan who loves you.

Edited by wingsgirl001, 28 October 2007 - 09:20 PM.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#6 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(wingsgirl001 @ October 28, 2007 - 09:17PM) View Post

Mine isn't a Wing anymore, but he was for a long time, and he'll always be Wing in my heart.

Even though he's not here anymore, he's doing wonderfully on his new team, and no matter what anyone else here (not IN here...I mean on LGW in general, lol) says, I'll always believe in him and cheer him on.

I'm so proud of him for what he did for the Wings for all those years. He went out and did his best no matter what and was never rude or big-headed about any of his successes. Reminds me of how Hank is too. smile.gif But he was always really hard on himself for his losses, and that always made me sad, since most of the time, it wasn't his fault. But, win or lose, I will always cheer him on.

And even though I never met him, I've been told he was always so sweet to his fans, and made sure to sign autographs for everyone who came out, and I'll always admire him for being so wonderful that way.

I miss you Manny sad.gif Best of luck in St. Louis, and I hope you know there will always be one little fan back in Michigan who loves you.

There's one in Texas who still loves Manny, too, kiddo. Me. I thought he got a raw deal in Detroit but what goalie there doesn't eventually? It has to be the most thankless job in the sports world.

Remember when Manny was getting the same props in Motown when he was Dom's backup, as Ozzie is getting now? I was having flashbacks the other day, and cringing when everyone was saying, who needs Dom, we have a better goalie in the backup!! They used to say that when Manny was behind Dom in 2001-2002, also. I have to believe the goalies themselves hate that kind of garbage, since you know they don't think like that. Only the silly, misguided fans would ever assume that a player would be proud that they dissed a teammate like that. dry.gif

You already know how I feel about the media and the venom they print about our boyz. Half of it is hyped up and not at all what the players meant or actually said. I felt so bad for Manny after his last playoff game. He blamed himself, and was overly-emotional. Big mistake, when the media vultures were waiting for just such a ***** in his armor. It has to be so hard. I hope Manny and the Blues are great this season. He deserves better than what he's been dealt.

I remember like it was yesterday when Buffalo was robbed in 1999 of a Stanley Cup win on a bad call - possibly the worst miscarriage of justice in the sporting world, ever. I thought the Sabres would explode in rage -- but they didn't. I couldn't believe how cool they were about it, especially Dominik, once the situation was set in stone by Bettman and his henchmen. Dom was so calm about it, saying it was wrong, but done is done, and now we move on. I was so impressed.

I know for a fact that the goal was illegal, by the way, due to the fact that the Buffalo fans didn't ever blame Dom for it, not once. If it had been his fault in any way, Detroit would never have seen Dom in a Winged wheel -- the Sabres fans would have murdered him. laugh.gif

I've met Manny, just once, after a practice in San Jose late in 2002. He was sweet and friendly, a very nice man. Good luck to ya, little Ferret. You still have friends in Detroit.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#7 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:07 PM

wings im proud of right now
Valtteri Filppula- 1 goal, two assists in two games. I too am glad he has the "monkey out of his back"
Henrik Zetterberg- Enough said.
Tomas Holmstrom- Business is bad every once in a while, but business has been good this year. biggrin.gif
Matt Ellis- Hard work proves to everyone who said he can't, that he can.
Jiri Hudler- he's starting to get the monkey out of his back too
Pavel Datsyuk- Just because he deked the two sharks players Friday night. I'm still cracking up over that.
Aaron Downey- Sticking up for the boys!
Andreas Lilja- For being awsome and trying to get himself out of the whipping boy position.
Nik Kronwall- For his huge hits biggrin.gif I like to see bodies flying
Chris Osgood- playing awsome, and keeping the winning streak alive
Chris Chelios- For being 46 freaking years old and still killin it out on the ice
Nick Lidstrom- For being awsome on defense, even a crappy night for you, is better than a good night for some defensemen
Brian Rafalski- Awsome playing with lidstrom
Sammy- For playing decently enough for someone who i think should be this years whipping boy
Dominik Hasek- Cause loo says i have to. J/K hehe.gif No, Im proud of Dom for what he's done, and even more importantly admitting that he has nights where he could play better. It takes a strong man to say that.
Franzen- Get better buddy and i'll be proud of you too.
The Drake- For being as old as he is and still willing to throw down the gloves
Tomas Kopecky- Good defense. In front of a strong goalie, is a strong line of defensemen.
Dan Cleary- For your hard work game in and game out
Derek Meech- strong game tonight buddy
Kris Draper- For kicking ass this season
Kirk Maltby- Also for kicking ass this season
Brett Lebda- again in front of a strong goalie is a strong line of defense. And you're just so darn cute. Like a teddy bear. biggrin.gif

There i think i covered everyone biggrin.gif I love my boys!!!!

#8 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:11 AM

I too have my list...

Andreas...for being out there night after night and giving your heart and soul to the effort.
Captain Nick...for class
Matt...for proving that even the lowest man on the totem pole gets lucky sometimes
Danny...for the hard work you do
Derek...to step in at the last minute and proving you deserve a chance
Dallas...I didn't like you when you were in St. Louis, but thank God you're here!
Kirk...hard work pays off
Aaron...my friend Ellen said I'd like you, and damned if she wasn't right
Brett...quiet but consistent...you're still learning and that's okay
Cheli...like fine wine
Jiri...sweet but deadly when you get a chance
Brian...you've really fit right in
Ozzie...you're a pretty damned good backup
Kris...I think having you for another three years is pretty nice
Jim...your time will come, trust me
Mikael...okay, you are now out of my doghouse laugh.gif
Dom...what can I say about you that Loo hasn't said? You are a class act, as beautifully aged as wine, and one of the most intelligent people I know
Henrik...you have your fans, you don't need me...but you're pretty damned awesome
Valtteri...You're getting better and better
Nik...you haven't exactly gotten the best of breaks but God love you, you hang in there
Tomas...I love your perseverance
Johan...I can't wait to see you come back and kick some ass
Homer...what can I say except I love ya?

But everyone here knows who I'm proudest of...who makes my heart sing and my spirits soar. My beloved Pasha. I am so proud of him...to see him wearing the A on his jersey makes me feel so good...to watch him go out and quietly put together a seven game scoring streak...Henrik gets the headlines, Homer gets a lot of attention (not exactly the kind he wants, mind you), but Pasha flies under everyone's radar and goes about his business, putting up numbers every night. Near the top of the league in assists, and steals...the two-time defending Lady Byng winner (no one has done that in ten years until he did)...and one of the gentlest souls I've ever met in my life. Off the ice, the man has the most beautiful eyes and a smile that could light up Detroit. I absolutely love him...I'm not ashamed to admit it. I worship the ice he skates on. wub.gif He is my proof that angels walk among us.
Posted Image

#9 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE(redwingslady87 @ October 28, 2007 - 11:07PM) View Post

[u]Dominik Hasek- Cause loo says i have to. J/K hehe.gif No, Im proud of Dom for what he's done, and even more importantly admitting that he has nights where he could play better. It takes a strong man to say that.

There i think i covered everyone biggrin.gif I love my boys!!!!

Hey, I will take even grudging respect for the goalie. I realize he's not the golden boy or super-cute or whatever, he's just a great goalie,a great person, and willing to sacrifice himself for the Red Wings. You don't have to love him because I do. Dom is drop-dead honest about his play, and everyone else's if you ask him, which has always been part of his problem with the media. He's not an easy interview. He makes it uncomfortable for the reporters, because he makes them think.

Yes, Dom admits when he has a bad night, and never blames his team mates -- unless it's their fault, and then, look out! That forthright attitude and ownership of his own play makes him popular in the dressing room. But it also leaves him wide-open for the press to twist what he's saying into something it was never intended to portray. Makes for good headlines, and fan-sheep buy it, because it's in print.

Some other players could take a page from Dom's playbook, and own up to it when they are not stellar. I can name two other "elite" goalies, in particular, who have never admitted that they didn't play well and according to them, never let in a bad goal in their entire careers. It's always someone else's fault, as they are perfect in their own eyes. I lose respect for them, whenever I see that habit rear its ugly head. Dom has an ego (he's a goalie, it's what makes him who he is), but it's tempered by the fact that he knows he's responsible for his own mistakes. Again, some others could take a cue from this, and be better players and people for it.

So, if you admire Dom for nothing other than that trait of look-you-dead-in-the-eye honesty.... well, I guess that will do. wink.gif

Kira: I think everyone should have someone in their lives who loves them as much as you do Pasha. I would love to have that in my life, for sure. He's lucky to have you in his corner, by his side, and in his life.

Edited by puckloo39, 29 October 2007 - 09:12 AM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#10 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,750 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(puckloo39 @ October 28, 2007 - 11:17PM) View Post

There's one in Texas who still loves Manny, too, kiddo. Me. I thought he got a raw deal in Detroit but what goalie there doesn't eventually? It has to be the most thankless job in the sports world.

I know...poor guy. When we lost that playoff series I just knew he'd be gone. I cried not only for losing the series but because I knew Manny wouldn't be here anymore. It still makes me sad sad.gif

Remember when Manny was getting the same props in Motown when he was Dom's backup, as Ozzie is getting now? I was having flashbacks the other day, and cringing when everyone was saying, who needs Dom, we have a better goalie in the backup!! They used to say that when Manny was behind Dom in 2001-2002, also. I have to believe the goalies themselves hate that kind of garbage, since you know they don't think like that. Only the silly, misguided fans would ever assume that a player would be proud that they dissed a teammate like that.

I remember that very well. I felt bad for Dom and for Manny. It's not that he didn't deserve the props (he WAS doing great), but that Dom wasn't getting props when he deserved them too. Everyone only paid attention to when he played bad and not when he played great. Same thing's happening now. It's pathetic dry.gif

I felt so bad for Manny after his last playoff game. He blamed himself, and was overly-emotional. Big mistake, when the media vultures were waiting for just such a ***** in his armor. It has to be so hard. I hope Manny and the Blues are great this season. He deserves better than what he's been dealt.

Oh my God...you wanna talk about waterworks...man. I cried like a baby after I heard that interview. I felt sooo bad for him...I just wanted to go hug him and tell him it wasn't his fault and that he tried his best. I'd have done ANYTHING to make him feel better after that.. sad.gif

I remember like it was yesterday when Buffalo was robbed in 1999 of a Stanley Cup win on a bad call - possibly the worst miscarriage of justice in the sporting world, ever. I thought the Sabres would explode in rage -- but they didn't. I couldn't believe how cool they were about it, especially Dominik, once the situation was set in stone by Bettman and his henchmen. Dom was so calm about it, saying it was wrong, but done is done, and now we move on. I was so impressed.

I was just getting into the NHL when this happened, so I don't know much about it, but I remember hearing about it. That had to suck. I'd have been SO pissed...lol. That's so cool that Dom remained so level-headed about it.

I've met Manny, just once, after a practice in San Jose late in 2002. He was sweet and friendly, a very nice man. Good luck to ya, little Ferret. You still have friends in Detroit.

ohmy.gif Lucky! lol I hope I get to meet him someday too...

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#11 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:04 PM

I'd like to add the following:
Flip, Huds, Malts, Dom, Ozzy, Kronner, Lilja, Sammy and (from last season) Lang.

Way to go guys! You keep going even when the LGW crowd is asking for your heads (and other body parts) on a platter. You keep going out there and doing what you do, putting up with injuries, streaks of bad luck, bad breaks and more revered teammates to whom people compare you, sometimes unjustly.

This one's for you, Mr. Lazy and He Sucks According to the Armchair Scouts. I'd rather call you Mr. Never Quits.

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#12 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE(55fan @ October 29, 2007 - 04:04PM) View Post

I'd like to add the following:
Flip, Huds, Malts, Dom, Ozzy, Kronner, Lilja, Sammy and (from last season) Lang.

Way to go guys! You keep going even when the LGW crowd is asking for your heads (and other body parts) on a platter. You keep going out there and doing what you do, putting up with injuries, streaks of bad luck, bad breaks and more revered teammates to whom people compare you, sometimes unjustly.

This one's for you, Mr. Lazy and He Sucks According to the Armchair Scouts. I'd rather call you Mr. Never Quits.

Right on, about Robert. clap.gif I loved him as a Wing, miss him, and wish him well in Chicago. I know they're glad to have him since Martin Havlat is already hurt (not too surprising, he is incredibly fragile if you know his history).

You have a nice list of whipping boyz/men, there. Goalies both get to be permanent residents, take your pick which one is more disrespected on any given day. They really must be crazy, is all I can say. crazy.gif

You pretty much summed up how I feel about fairweather, fickle, feckless fans. It's just plain shoddy, the way some of our guys get treated, especially by the media. I know the players get paid handsomely, just to play a game they love. But they are people, first and foremost. It must be hard to have others judge you harshly and often unfairly in regard to something you do very well -- especially when it is something your worst critics could literally only dream of even attempting, never mind achieving.

When I hear people trashing NHL players over a bad game or perceived error or poor decision made in a split second, I imagine those players back in the locker room behind closed doors, laughing their asses off with their team mates over the great hind-sight and second guessing of the "experts" like us fans.

Guantaneed, the players have the media's number: why do you think they rarely say anything much besides..."uhhh, we just gotta keep playing our game," and "errr....we just need to stick with our plan and go hard to the net..." laugh.gif They know better than to say anything more intelligent or insightful than that, and risk the press turning whatever they say into something else entirely, open season on the quoted player. tomato.gif

I admire all the Wings' ability to separate the facts from all the criticism, and overlook it with grace. I love them all for loving the game enough to put up with the nonsense that goes along with it.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#13 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE(puckloo39 @ October 29, 2007 - 08:09AM)

Kira: I think everyone should have someone in their lives who loves them as much as you do Pasha. I would love to have that in my life, for sure. He's lucky to have you in his corner, by his side, and in his life.

Unfortunately it's one-sided and unrequited... sad.gif

Ah, but Dom has someone like that in his life...he just doesn't know it. I wish I could be the one to tell him.

And I also had the joy of meeting Manny before he left. A sweet soul and a teddy bear. I cried the last game too when he looked so bereft and forlorn...feeling like he wanted to go out and end it. It broke my heart. I'm glad he's doing well in St. Louis, but he'll always have a place in my heart. wub.gif

By the by, redwingslady, I too almost fell off my chair laughing the other night at the Sharks' comedy of errors. Pasha made them both look pretty damned silly didn't he??? biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#14 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(puckloo39 @ October 29, 2007 - 06:45PM) View Post

I admire all the Wings' ability to separate the facts from all the criticism, and overlook it with grace. I love them all for loving the game enough to put up with the nonsense that goes along with it.

Quoting myself, I don't know how Dom has put up with the crap he has all these years. There are haters coming out of the woodwork, the instant he shows any "weakness" like **gasp** admitting he's hurting. Other players get sympathy, and Dom gets people hoping he won't come back because they believe the Wings will lose when Dom does. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it. dry.gif

Anyway, he will come back and be stellar and they will all go away... not one will stick around to admit they were wrong. Wanna bet? They never do.

Anybody know how to make signatures? I am going to take a stab at it with photoshop, but I am sure it will be amateurish next to the lovely one Offsides did for me. I have asked a couple of times for one with Dom and Ozzie in it, since I like both of them... unlike the Ozzie-only, die-Hasek-die crowd. Guess she's too busy. sad.gif

Anyway, ya'll have to promise not to laugh. I will save my Stanley Cup one for the playoffs, yes? smile.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#15 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(Kira @ October 30, 2007 - 04:39AM) View Post

By the by, redwingslady, I too almost fell off my chair laughing the other night at the Sharks' comedy of errors. Pasha made them both look pretty damned silly didn't he??? biggrin.gif

And he was having a blast doing so!!!

#16 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:58 AM

Another reason tonight why I love my Pasha...he set up Val for the winning goal beautifully. How could I not believe in angels with you in my life, Pasha??? wub.gif
Posted Image

#17 naranja

naranja

Rookie

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:00 PM

OK here's my list, a bit late though.

Zata...because he leads the league in scoring and is so humble about it.
Dom...because of the high expectations he still has of himself.
Lids...for continuing to be one of the best defenseman in the league.
Homer...for being courageous enough to stand in front of the goal.
Dats...for making the two Sharks players crush. That was totally awesome. clap.gif
Flip...because he scored the game winning goal yesterday.

And of course all other Red Wings players, for who I'm just too lazy to think something up. laugh.gif
"Dominik wanted to give the team room to have money under the salary cap. Let's face it, he's a $5 million-a-year goalie. We all know that. But I managed to talk them down to $2 million. It was a unique negotiation." Ritch Winter (Dom's agent)

#18 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:02 PM

I can't pick amongst them sometimes, pretty much love 'em all. But Dom's my #1 of course, always. There'd some fool in the reg. forum who are suggested that Dom be sent to Grand Rapids. Can you believe that one? I cannot imagine the reaction if Dom had actually done something wrong! How dare he get hurt and admit it? rolleyes.gif Idiots are everywhere, suppose... even in LGW. Thank God the Wings management and the Wings themselves have nothing in common with people like him/her.

GUESS WHAT!!!!???? I just learned that my friends in Dallas bought me Wings v. Stars tickets for my Christmas present!! January 5, 2008 in Dallas, baybee!!! They're great seats, too. WOOOOO!!!! Hope my Dommie plays, but I will be happy with Ozzie, too! Doesn't matter to me!!!! I get Z and Pasha and Homer and Mule and Nick and and Cheli and Nik and Flip and Drapes and Huddie and The Drake and Bret and Lils wub.gif and Raffi and Danny and Kopay and whoever else shows up.

And I get Sergei Zubov, who is my secret crush on the Stars team. I likey!! smile.gif

Also, we're going to the Stars and Quacks on 11/21 in Dallas, too. I am going to my friends' house for Thanksgiving, and am going a day early to get ready to **boooooo** Pronger and those other cheater-dogs from Anaheim. Dallas hates them almost as much as we do, same conference and all. The guys who run the jumbotron in Dallas have tons of hilarious Daffy Duck/Elmer Fudd cartoons, and other stupid, "dead duck" clips they show during TV breaks... it's absolutely hysterical. Even the Ducks were laughing - well, Teemu was anyway - last time I saw Dallas play there... but not for long, since Dallas beat them 4-1.

I remember saying to my friend that the Stars looked like the Red Wings that night. I meant it as a compliment. blush.gif

I. can't.wait.to.see.my. Wings!!! clap.gif

Edited by puckloo39, 02 November 2007 - 07:04 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#19 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:04 AM

Hi. I did a repost of a song I wrote last summer (in general discussion under Hockey Songs) and it seemed to me that this would be a good place to post odes, poems, songs and other things like that paying homage to our boys.

I have written several, but my old computer died and I lost them. This one I can remember from memory, so here goes:

It's to the tune of "Should Have Been a Cowboy". Hope you like it.

I'll bet you never heard old Captain Lidstrom say
"Hey Cheli, do you think we're getting too old to play?
Let's settle down; live a life of ease.
Buy a bar and do whatever we please."
Cheli'd say "no" in a New York minute.
"As long as there's a cup, I'm gonna try to win it.
Never quit; always in the race,
Then I'll buy a few rounds down at Cheli's place.

(chorus)
I'm proud to be a Red Wing
Like Gordie Howe and Stevie Y.
Wearing that winged wheel,
Watching Sobotka clean up octopi.
Cheering my teammates on
To win the Norris and Lady Byng,
Chasing that Stanley Cup.
Oh, I'm proud to be a Red Wing.

Still I'll cut my pay and watch my minutes shrink,
But if a D-man goes down, I'm back out on the rink.
They say the Wings' sex appeal's in danger
Since Stevie retired and Shanny joined the Rangers.
Oh, please, Pierre, don't be shocked I'm alive
Like the media's done since I turned 45,
Still I'll smile for the camera and do my part
With the love for the game in each beat of my heart."

repeat chorus

I wish I could remember some of the other ones. Others can post theirs too (BROAD HINT- YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE). Was that subtle enough?

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#20 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:40 PM

That's fantastic! I have a poem I wrote a long time ago for Pasha...I'll have to find it again. It's not the best but not the worst...

I have a lot of songs I've heard that mean a lot to me too...things for Pasha and the guys to ponder. Someday I'll post some of them.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users