#22 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE(Yzerfan1999 @ October 30, 2007 - 07:00PM) View Post

dry.gif

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife..

Well that wasn't very Catholic of him...

laugh.gif LMAO!

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#23 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:04 AM

I wonder if there is a direct link with Jesus walking on water and ice hockey players.

When I try to walk on water, I sink....... Jesus DID walk on water but it was not frozen....... Ice hockey players walk or skate on water, but it is frozen.....

Any relationship?
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#24 Izzy24

Izzy24

Hmm...

• HoF Booster
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE(Viperar @ October 30, 2007 - 10:48PM) View Post

did you just quote yourself and respond to it? huh.gif

Yes, yes I did.

Uh, the guy...the guy across the street is swee...sweeping his driveway and he...he...heduzzntevinow.

#25 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(Rivalred @ October 31, 2007 - 02:04AM) View Post
I wonder if there is a direct link with Jesus walking on water and ice hockey players.

When I try to walk on water, I sink....... Jesus DID walk on water but it was not frozen....... Ice hockey players walk or skate on water, but it is frozen.....

Any relationship?

I once read a report about a scientific study that said the climate in the Middle East around the time of Jesus' life was significantly different from what we know now, and it's possible that Jesus could have walked on a sheet of ice.

Of course that could have also been ne of those clever liberals goign for a twofer--'Jesus was a hoax, and we don't realize if because of global warming!!!'

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#26 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:19 PM

Just wondering, why did you want to know who was a Christian?
Word,
LDi03
A complex man drawn off of simplicity.

#27 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(Legendary D In 03 @ October 31, 2007 - 12:19PM) View Post

Just wondering, why did you want to know who was a Christian?
Word,
LDi03

I can't answer for the starter of the thread, but I know I've checked this thread out every time I am in the area, and I can tell you why I'm interested in it.

There's just something "cool" about sharing something with one's heroes. Mac and Shanny are Irish. Hey, cool! I'm Irish too! Ok, half Irish, but the other half is German and Hey! Schneids is half German. That's cool! Most of the Wings are left-handed shots. I'm a leftie too. Babcock is from Sask. I used to live there too. Cool. Flip is hot. I get hot flashes. Ok, that one didn't quite work, but you get my drift.

I'm not saying that as a left-handed Christian Irish-German who lived in Saskatchewan I am in any way better than your average ambidextrious Japanese Wiccan from Nova Scotia, it's just that when you find something in common with someone, it resonates, and you are just curious if there's anything more you share with them.

Religion, like any other philosophical viewpoint, shapes one's life. Things like age, nationality, cultural influence, economic status, marital status, children.....I could go on, but you see what I mean.....they all go towards making each of us the person we are at the moment and form the person we will become.

I'm a people person. I am interested in knowing about people. Probably why I got that psych minor back in the day.

In short, I'm interested in the players.

#28 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ October 31, 2007 - 10:05AM) View Post

I once read a report about a scientific study that said the climate in the Middle East around the time of Jesus' life was significantly different from what we know now, and it's possible that Jesus could have walked on a sheet of ice.

Of course that could have also been ne of those clever liberals goign for a twofer--'Jesus was a hoax, and we don't realize if because of global warming!!!'

laugh.gif clap.gif

QUOTE(55fan @ October 31, 2007 - 04:17PM) View Post

I can't answer for the starter of the thread, but I know I've checked this thread out every time I am in the area, and I can tell you why I'm interested in it.

There's just something "cool" about sharing something with one's heroes. Mac and Shanny are Irish. Hey, cool! I'm Irish too! Ok, half Irish, but the other half is German and Hey! Schneids is half German. That's cool! Most of the Wings are left-handed shots. I'm a leftie too. Babcock is from Sask. I used to live there too. Cool. Flip is hot. I get hot flashes. Ok, that one didn't quite work, but you get my drift.

I'm not saying that as a left-handed Christian Irish-German who lived in Saskatchewan I am in any way better than your average ambidextrious Japanese Wiccan from Nova Scotia, it's just that when you find something in common with someone, it resonates, and you are just curious if there's anything more you share with them.

Religion, like any other philosophical viewpoint, shapes one's life. Things like age, nationality, cultural influence, economic status, marital status, children.....I could go on, but you see what I mean.....they all go towards making each of us the person we are at the moment and form the person we will become.

I'm a people person. I am interested in knowing about people. Probably why I got that psych minor back in the day.

Yeah, pretty much. I like to know I have something in common with Shanny, Pav, and Raffy. By the way, if you're a left handed shot doesn't that mean you're regularly right handed?
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#29 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(wingnut40 @ October 31, 2007 - 04:01PM) View Post

Yeah, pretty much. I like to know I have something in common with Shanny, Pav, and Raffy. By the way, if you're a left handed shot doesn't that mean you're regularly right handed?

I dont think it matters much. I am right handed and I shoot right, My dad is right handed and he shoots left, same with both of my uncles. Its like batting in baseball, just cause you bat left doesnt mean your left handed.

When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#30 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:45 PM

OMG, speaking of Jesus. God answered my prayer last night. I was having a really crappy day yesterday. I didin't do to hot at my cross country meet because if I got my time in the 21's(for 3.1miles) then I could get playoff tickets, but I didn't. Then my mom tells me my dads job is in danger so that was fun. Then watching the game they keep saying how hard it is to win in the Rextall Place and how the Oilers haven't lost in the shoot out. So tie game obviously, time winding down, I said "Dear Lord, I've had a really crappy day. Please let the Wings win this game and continue their streak. Amen" Then, like a minute later Fil scores the game winner! I was SO happy. biggrin.gif
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#31 datsyukismyfriend

datsyukismyfriend

Hockeytown!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(wingnut40 @ October 31, 2007 - 05:45PM) View Post

OMG, speaking of Jesus. God answered my prayer last night. I was having a really crappy day yesterday. I didin't do to hot at my cross country meet because if I got my time in the 21's(for 3.1miles) then I could get playoff tickets, but I didn't. Then my mom tells me my dads job is in danger so that was fun. Then watching the game they keep saying how hard it is to win in the Rextall Place and how the Oilers haven't lost in the shoot out. So tie game obviously, time winding down, I said "Dear Lord, I've had a really crappy day. Please let the Wings win this game and continue their streak. Amen" Then, like a minute later Fil scores the game winner! I was SO happy. biggrin.gif

where the hell were you during the western conference finals last year???

Edited by datsyukismyfriend, 31 October 2007 - 05:50 PM.

-I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!
-Yeah! Unless you wanna work forty hours a week.

#32 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(datsyukismyfriend @ October 31, 2007 - 06:47PM) View Post

where the hell were you during the western conference finals last year???

laugh.gif HA! I was sitting on the couch, wearing Red Wings dog tag and my Red Wings PJ's holding my Nick bobble head mumbling/praying "please let 'em hold on, they're almost there, please Lord, please(repeat as necessary)" biggrin.gif

#33 datsyukismyfriend

datsyukismyfriend

Hockeytown!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(wingnut40 @ October 31, 2007 - 05:56PM) View Post

laugh.gif HA! I was sitting on the couch, wearing Red Wings dog tag and my Red Wings PJ's holding my Nick bobble head mumbling/praying "please let 'em hold on, they're almost there, please Lord, please(repeat as necessary)" biggrin.gif

okay, just cheking. cool.gif
-I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!
-Yeah! Unless you wanna work forty hours a week.

#34 Izzy24

Izzy24

Hmm...

• HoF Booster
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE(55fan @ October 31, 2007 - 02:17PM) View Post

Yeah, like how Chelios and I are both awesome.

Uh, the guy...the guy across the street is swee...sweeping his driveway and he...he...heduzzntevinow.

#35 FUUFNF

FUUFNF

Let's Go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:29 PM

IPB Image

#36 jaytan

jaytan

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(wingnut40 @ October 31, 2007 - 05:45PM) View Post

laugh.gif

Thanks for getting God to help the Wings out. Can you do the same thing next Spring?
Hail Jaytan!

#37 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(jaytan @ November 2, 2007 - 06:00PM) View Post

laugh.gif

Thanks for getting God to help the Wings out. Can you do the same thing next Spring?

Yeah, but I'll need some help tongue.gif

#38 Jwo

Jwo

Let's go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(wingnut40 @ October 29, 2007 - 09:43PM) View Post

Thank you for posting that. biggrin.gif That's the kind of post I wanted last thread. So far I have...
Datsyuk-Russian Catholic

I thought he was Orthodox.
FireCaptain - "THIS ISN'T DATELINE, BUT WE'RE HERE TO STOP A PREDATOR."
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du,
When I see you Red Wings,
I go out of my head,
I just can't get enough,
I just can't get enough,
All the things you do to me and all the things you said,
I just can't get enough.
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide and we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough of...
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du

#39 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(Jwo @ November 2, 2007 - 11:57PM) View Post

I thought he was Orthodox.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I guess I just couldn't remember the word 'Orthodox'. rolleyes.gif

#40 DaKineMaui

DaKineMaui

Alii Nui

• Gold Booster
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE(wingnut40 @ October 30, 2007 - 11:46AM) View Post

Really, Iginla? Not to be judgemental, but he doesn't act very Christian like.

Well I guess he was in a restaurant and not a Church but:

"After one of Team Canada's games Iginla was having dinner with his family when he was told there were four fans from Calgary at the next table. Iginla got up and talked to the four men, who had driven all the way to Utah to see the Canadian hockey team without tickets or even a place to stay. He discovered that they had been sleeping in their car in a hotel parking lot. The hockey star excused himself from the conversation. The four men were thrilled that they had spoken with one of their home-town heroes, but Iginla returned to their table about 15 minutes later. He informed the four shocked fans that he had booked them into the same hotel as his family. The men later found out that Iginla had also picked up the tab."

aloha

Judgeth not or for thou shalt be upon judgethment unto thine self and Armegedd.........
(I forget the rest.......it's in Revelation people.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users