• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lamothe

Who could Potentially be called up?

Rate this topic

Hypothetically speaking, which player(s) do you expect to be called up to Detroit if injuries become a problem later down the road this season?

My personal opinions:

Foward - Hartigan, Cullen, or Ryno (if he continues to perform well)

Defense - Quincey, Ericsson (If things get that bad)

Goal - Howard, obviously

If the injury bug hits us as hard as it has in recent years, I don't know what the Wings are going to do. The players that they have had to call up before are all playing for the team now. Having Quincey on defense would probably be all right. He did well with the time he had in Detroit late last season, but beyond that, the cupboard is pretty bare. We don't have that 'shining' prospect that is ready to compete in the NHL as far as forwards go. We have some solid AHL players, but I haven't seen anything that says we have a prospect ready to make an impact with the Wings. Maybe the fact that I haven't seen them win a game at home has something to do with it.

I hope no more then 2 of our players in the big leugue go down at a time.. after ellis and downey. we are pretty raw.

Forward - not much but I would probably give McGrath, Engelhart or Oulahen a go

Defense - Quincey or Quincey...Ericson and Kindl definitely need more time

Goalie - Howard's it

Hartigan, Cullen and Ference all have time in NHL and would do a job for

us. As for any budding scoring machines, well I think our next one-s are

still playing in the OHL/WHL, and not at GR.

Cullen is an interesting one as he ave a point every 2 games in the NHL.

Just went to the game in Rochester today, (refs sucked by the way)

I was very impressed with some guys and very dissapointed with others.

Firstly Rittola and Ericsson were scratched which made me sad.

Hartigan and Cullen 100% impressed me as did Corazzini. I thought that Helm was invisible for periods 1 and 2 but then he played amazing in the third and a whole game of that would have made him the best player on the ice. Ryno moves very well for a man his size and has a wicked shot, but he needs to use his body more because not throwing it around is hurting his play. Oulahan is going to be a good Kris Draper pt 2.

On D: Quincey looked solid, not overly impressive but solid. Stafford was my 2nd best d-man and Kindl was number 3. Jakub Kindl plays the puck so well and is so smart about where it is going to be but his shot from the point is weaker than a pre-pubecent boys...THe rest of the D was sub par, except for Ference's upper cut.

Berkhoel played a great game, and could very well turn into a solid NHL backup goalie.