• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
auxlepli

NBA 2007-2008 SEASON

Rate this topic

Another typical season coming up from the Pistons. Making the playoffs, only to bomb out to the Cavs or Heat due to poor, insipid play from the same select few.

Cavs and Heat are not as good as they used to be. While all the other Eastern Conference teams were getting better(including the Pistons), the cavs just sat there.

BTW, what does everyone thing of the trade the Lakers-Bulls-Kings might make involving Kobe.

Bulls get Kobe

Kings get Ben Gordon, PJ Brown

Lakers get Ron Artest, Ben Wallace

I think this is the worst trade ever. Lakers losing Kobe and only getting Artest and Big Ben back ..pathetic.

Why on WXYT do they run those anti-Pacer ads?

BTW, what does everyone thing of the trade the Lakers-Bulls-Kings might make involving Kobe.

Bulls get Kobe

I think this is the worst trade ever. Lakers losing Kobe and only getting Artest and Big Ben back ..pathetic.

Worse for who? I hate the Lakers, and I'm not a fan of the Bulls nor Kings. So if everyone of these teams lose in the trade, I'm all for it.

Guest RedWingsFever

Bulls get Kobe

Considering every other team out there is low-balling the Lakers BIGTIME, I would say getting Artest and Big Ben is a very good deal for LA. Artest is one of the best small forwards in the game. And other than maybe KG, Big Ben brings the best defense in the league with him. Not that bad of a deal considering the chump change everyone else seams to offer the lakers.

Considering every other team out there is low-balling the Lakers BIGTIME, I would say getting Artest and Big Ben is a very good deal for LA. Artest is one of the best small forwards in the game. And other than maybe KG, Big Ben brings the best defense in the league with him. Not that bad of a deal considering the chump change everyone else seams to offer the lakers.

but no way is that trade equal to kobe's value. Lakers have to either sadly accept that deal or just surround Kobe with talent. If they plan on keeping Kobe, surround him with talent like Jason Kidd, even if that means giving up Bynum who hasn't shown nothing anyway.

Guest RedWingsFever

Im just wondering when Kobe will finally be traded. And since Chicago has said they arent interested. I wonder who is?

I know he's playing injured, but Ben Wallace has been a huge failure for the Bulls. Considering he's done nothing for Chicago and half their fans can't stand him, he must surely regret leaving.

I guess that's what greed will do.

Marbury beingMarbury

Between the absence and the "i've got so much stuff on Isiah", it's no wonder why the Knicks are the laughing stock of the NBA. Marbury is due to make $42 million in next two years, so with his history with personal problems and cap space, how can any team even entertain that trade offer. Maybe the Lakers in a deal with Kobe. Marbury belongs in Hollywood anyway.

If Shaq can stay healthy only for the rest of this season it's a great trade. Phoenix desperately needs a big man with a presence inside. Let Amare go to power forward where he belongs. I'm a huge Suns fan but can admit that their style will never win. Now with Shaq they can hopefully play a run and gun game as well as a half court offense.

I think this is a big mistake by the Suns. Clearly this is a reaction trade after the Lakers acquired Gasol from Memphis. I think Shaq is done and his career is over.

gas-tank-empty5.jpg

Nothing left in the tank.

I agree with you, but at the same time I can understand DRW's post too. I think this trade is going to be a home run, or a strike out...nothing in between.

I think this is a big mistake by the Suns. Clearly this is a reaction trade after the Lakers acquired Gasol from Memphis. I think Shaq is done and his career is over.

gas-tank-empty5.jpg

Nothing left in the tank.

Agreed. IMO Shaq's done and has got nothing left to offer.

Shaq doesnt have to dominate for Phoenix to win a title. He just has to have an inside presence and stay out of foul trouble. I think he can do that and help provide them with the size they've NEVER had to compete for it all. I'd be very worried about facing Phoenix with Shaq in the middle. He isn't option 1, or 2, or even 3. He's gonna be option 4 or 5 offensively.

Shaq doesnt have to dominate for Phoenix to win a title. He just has to have an inside presence and stay out of foul trouble. I think he can do that and help provide them with the size they've NEVER had to compete for it all. I'd be very worried about facing Phoenix with Shaq in the middle. He isn't option 1, or 2, or even 3. He's gonna be option 4 or 5 offensively.

I think the only way you can call it a good trade for the Suns is if they win it all, which is a possible. Shaq may catch 2nd wind because he knows he can get his 5th ring. I think it's a great trade for Miami because they get Shawn Marion to go along side Wade. Plus Miami will probably have a top 5 pick next draft.

I still don't fear the Cavs.

I don't either, but Wallace going the Cavs could really make the Pistons/Cavs rivalry a little stronger. I don't understand what the Sonics are trying to do in this deal. Unless all those players are under expiring contracts, but that I don't know.

IMO it looks like the Cavs just made a deal to say that did, because LeBron has been crying about it as of late.

The West is disgusting this year; LA, Phoenix, San Antonio and Dallas all have the horses to contend for a title, and yet at least one of these 4 teams won't even make it out of the first round.

Also normally the NHL deadline trumps the NBA deadline, but the NBA has had some sick trades this year.

I don't either, but Wallace going the Cavs could really make the Pistons/Cavs rivalry a little stronger. I don't understand what the Sonics are trying to do in this deal. Unless all those players are under expiring contracts, but that I don't know.

IMO it looks like the Cavs just made a deal to say that did, because LeBron has been crying about it as of late.

You hit the nail on the head there.

Plus, Seattle won't be in Seattle next year. :unsure: