• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest RedWingsFever

The Official 2007-08 Detroit Pistons Season Thread

Rate this topic

Guest RedWingsFever

Now we have a thread for just the Pistons as well. Instead of the whole NBA.

Pistons season opener tomorrow night!!! I can't wait!!!

I'm geeked as well. I'm bummed that Amir Johnson isn't going to play tonight. I was really hoping to see him get some PT finally. Rip is going to miss tonight's game as well due to a family emergency. Arron Afflalo (or "spell check" as some people call him--I love the nickname) is getting the start.

Great performance from the Pistons.

Positives:

+ Billups re-signed! Faultless performance from him, 19 points and 11 assists.

+ Prince with a career high 34 points and tied for career high with 12 rebounds. Now comes the hard part, consistency.

+ 20 points from the bench and when Johnson's finally healthy,maybe for once we have a bench capable of producing some minutes and points?

+ Afflalo will be a very good player. Great speed and athleticism.

Negatives:

- Flip Murray is still a piece of garbage.

Guest RedWingsFever

So I know Webber isnt playing for us anymore. But where the heck is he??? I searched the entire NBA database, and he is no where. He doesnt play for anyone right now. I wonder whats going on there.

Edited by RedWingsFever

So I know Webber isnt playing for us anymore. But the heck is he??? I searched the entire NBA database, and he is no where. He doesnt play for anyone right now. I wonder whats going on there.

I'm pretty sure he only wants to play for the Pistons--at least right now--so he's sitting right now and will re-sign if one of our bigs gets hurt. Whether that changes throughout the season, I don't know. He had some interest from another team out West (I forget who) and had a big offer to go play in Europe, but he passed on both of those.

Guest RedWingsFever

I'm pretty sure he only wants to play for the Pistons--at least right now--so he's sitting right now and will re-sign if one of our bigs gets hurt. Whether that changes throughout the season, I don't know. He had some interest from another team out West (I forget who) and had a big offer to go play in Europe, but he passed on both of those.

Im actually really hoping we eventually see Webber in a Pistons jersey this season. Even if just to add more depth. I've always liked Webber. And too bad he had that horrible knee injury. Cause before that injury Chris Webber was a BEAST. And were not talking a long time ago either. Im talking 2003. I so hope he gets his game back. For his sake. AND the Pistons.

Guest RedWingsFever

That Orlando game last night was a basketball clinic by the Pistons! I loved it. It's to bad Stuckey is already out, but he will get in there soon enough... it's a long year.

Tayshaun is looking so great. I would like us to have a better starting center. But other than that, I really like our roster this year. I can't wait for the next game. Pistons basketball is always a blast to watch.

Great start to the season so far. I really like the defensive intensity from the Pistons in these first three games, something that Flip Saunders has ignored the previous two years. Rasheed Wallace has looked motivated, in-shape, and focused, which is a huge blessing for the Pistons. I fully believe that the Pistons go as Rasheed goes.

I am very concerned though with the frontcourt situation. Basically, the Pistons have three players that rotate at the power forward and center positions. If Wallace, McDyess, or Maxiell gets injured, there is no help on the roster. Nazr Mohammed is ... well, Nazr Mohammed. Amir Johnson is still developing, and Cheick Samb will never see the floor this season. Maxiell is a beast, but beyond that, the frontcourt is thin. The ideal situation would be to get McDyess back coming off the bench, and have someone else start at center. The problem is finding that someone. I just don't feel comfortable at all with our frontcourt depth. Stuckey and Hayes are going to be nice additions to the bench, but they are both perimeter players. Dare I mention, C-Webb Part II?

As usual, Prince goes from a career high last week to absolute rubbish in 3-4 games on the trot.

I am all for trading this guy.

I second this 110%. Prince would be great trade bait for a legitimate starting center. I've never cared for Prince, never will, and am befuddled what the hell all the hype is about surrounding him. Time to send the Prince packing.

Guest RedWingsFever

I don't understand the Prince hype either. The guy gets hot and then extremely cold

So true.

Guest jaytan

I went to the game against the Blazers last night and it was the first NBA game I'd watched this season. The Pistons really looked like they were missing some front court presence. They couldn't penetrate at all and the Blazers were out-rebounding and out-hustling us in the paint. What happened to Chris Webber? If they play like they did in the fourth quarter last night, there's no way this team will win the East. :angry:

ESPN is apparently reporting that the Pistons and Lakers agreed on a trade to send Kobe to Detroit for Tay, Rip, a first rounder (and maybe Amir) but Kobe nixed the deal.

That would've been interesting. It's funny that when I heard it was Tay/Rip/#1 I was like "That would've been interesting!" but when I heard it may have included Amir, I was like NOOOOOOOOO!

I'm not sure how I'd feel about Kobe in a Pistons jersey. It'd be nice to finally have someone who gets calls to counter-act LeBron, Wade, and evidently Daniel Gibson....

ESPN is apparently reporting that the Pistons and Lakers agreed on a trade to send Kobe to Detroit for Tay, Rip, a first rounder (and maybe Amir) but Kobe nixed the deal.

That would've been interesting. It's funny that when I heard it was Tay/Rip/#1 I was like "That would've been interesting!" but when I heard it may have included Amir, I was like NOOOOOOOOO!

I'm not sure how I'd feel about Kobe in a Pistons jersey. It'd be nice to finally have someone who gets calls to counter-act LeBron, Wade, and evidently Daniel Gibson....

I heard that too. Doesn't Kobe notice that wherever he's traded he's going to be put in the same spot? The team will have no talent around him because they will trade it all to LA for him. He might as well stay in LA, and hope in several years they can get lucky with the right players around him.

Guest jaytan

Trading all that for Kobe would just be stupid. The Pistons are already close without him, and by doing a trade like that, they'd mess up their chemistry and their future without necessarily improving in the present.

1. Detroit won't win the Championship this season because they are too slack and don't play even close to their potential. Flip Saunders has improved his coaching but he's still not a Championship winning coach.

2. Trading for Bryant would be a disaster. The guy is a huge hog and there's a good chance he will upset the chemistry of the squad.

3. Amir IS the future, trading him would be a huge, huge mistake.

4. When does Flip Murray's contract expire? I'm counting down the days!

Oh man, I saw the Pistons/Lakers game and Amir Johnson IS the FUTURE!

18 minutes and he had 7 rebounds and 4 blocks! Some of those blocks were beauties.

And Samb, playing in his first NBA game, had 4 boards and 2 blocks. IMO I thought he had at least 4 blocks, but the 23 year old showed great promise.

We lost and it’s disappointing but with no Billups and McDyess we really got a glimpse of the future. Johnson has INSANE potential.

Guest DetroitIan

Hopefully Sheed will be back tomorrow night.

Im pretty sure Sheed is back, and healthy. Atleast I sure hope so. Cause we're gonna need him. The Pistons are playing great ball right now. I dont want anything messin with that.

Pistons looking good but I think it's clear this team needs a true center which I think will be impossible to find at this point unless they made a move for Camby.

Edited by JROLLA

Guest DetroitIan

Pistons Vs. Grizzlies coming on in a few minutes. Should be a really good game. Both are strong teams. Im pretty pumped. I already got a 6er. Im ready for some b-ball. GO PISTONS!