Photo
- - - - -

Ducks seek revenge against Boll

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Skiing - Puck

Skiing - Puck

But Dave's out. Who's gonna take his place?

• PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:11 PM

It looks like Anaheim is going to go after Jared Boll of the Blue Jackets during tonights game. I have found several sources saying the Ducks are going to be targeting Boll for a hit earlier this season that KOed Moen. I hope that for Boll's sake Jody Shelley.

LA Times Article

The comment is at the end of the article.

#2 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:43 PM

Wait, the Anaheim ducks being cheap shotting, head hunting, assholes. Why is this news?
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#3 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:50 PM

Right after they slash Lowe's tires.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#4 bruisebrother15

bruisebrother15

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:52 PM

Well they do have Brad May and Todd Bertuzzi. Last time these two were on a team that targeted someone they ended that players career. I wonder if May put a bounty on Boll like he did with Moore. No matter what anyone does, Brian Burke will be there to defend them.

I know a team that should put Pronger in their sights, but they have some class.

Go Blue Jackets!

#5 Elshupacabra

Elshupacabra

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

I'll be watching that!

#6 Hank

Hank

60% of the time it works everytime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(Skiing - Puck @ November 1, 2007 - 01:11PM) View Post

It looks like Anaheim is going to go after Jared Boll of the Blue Jackets during tonights game. I have found several sources saying the Ducks are going to be targeting Boll for a hit earlier this season that KOed Moen. I hope that for Boll's sake Jody Shelley.

LA Times Article

Wow! It sounds like the Ducks took a sip of their own medicine and it left a bad taste in their mouth.

I hope Schlonger gets a Boll elbow in the face and it leaves him concussed until 2012.

#7 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:10 PM

Haha, Jared Boll dont give 2 f***s what the Ducks want to do. He. Shelly, Tollefsen and Foote can more then handle the quackers.

#NOMOREKINDL

#8 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:21 PM

i think the ducks should be worrying about getting some wins rather then getting even with one player... thumbdown.gif
Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#9 Winged Scooter

Winged Scooter

Future NFL Hall-of-Famer!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:32 PM

Wow! I just suddenly became a Blue Jackets fan! laugh.gif
"Aw, you cheap sonofab@#$h. Are you crazy? Those guys are RETARDS!!" -- Reggie Dunlop
"I got a good deal on those boys, scout said they showed a lot of promise." -- Joe McGrath
"They brought their F$%&@*# TOYS with them!!" -- RD
"Well, I'd rather have them playing with their toys, than playing with themselves." -- JM

#10 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(Skiing - Puck @ November 1, 2007 - 01:11PM) View Post

LA Times Article

Well, Shelley should play. And the Jackets play it pretty tough anyways, they have more than a handful of guys who can back things up if it gets nasty including Boll himself who is no stranger to fighting. Will be a fun game to watch so thanks for posting this tidbit.
Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#11 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:38 PM

Here's the actual excerpt from the article (this is the entire and only mention of it in the piece):

The Ducks will have their sights on Blue Jackets rookie Jared Boll, who knocked Moen out of the game with a shoulder to the head. Boll was not suspended on the play because the NHL office determined it was a clean hit.

It is at the very bottom of the piece and includes no comment or quote or even paraphrase from anyone from the Ducks organization. It's merely speculation by the writer.

I'm sure Boll is going to be a bit more of a target out there than usual, but it's not like anyone has actually said as much.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 01 November 2007 - 01:38 PM.

#12 jaytan

jaytan

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:42 PM

Let's hope for a filthy game! biggrin.gif
Hail Jaytan!

#13 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:16 PM

So in other words there is now a reason to bother watching this game.
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#14 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(Vincanni @ November 1, 2007 - 02:16PM) View Post

So in other words there is now a reason to bother watching this game.

pretty much... iam not going to watch the game, ducks games have been 2 painful for me to watch lately scared.gif . ima just watch the wing VS. Flames game. Will be much more exciting most likely. With 2 good teams playing each other.

Edited by Duck Guy, 01 November 2007 - 03:15 PM.

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#15 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:37 PM

...of course, imagine a Brian Burke led team whining about a clean hit! Hey Burke, maybe it was just physics?!? I think he cries more than Gretzky! (virtually impossible.) Lets all see another Burke led assault on an opposing team resulting in a near death, career ending event all because his guy cannot take a CLEAN hit! Yo, Burke, the league reviewed the play, they said "CLEAN HIT!" Yo, Burke, just to remind you, the hit on Naslund, CLEAN! Oh yeah, the hit on Moen, CLEAN! The hit on Holmstrom, DIRTY! hit on McAmmond, DIRTY! If I ever see you or Chris Pronger in public, the hit will be DIRTY and prolly in the nads!

...Watch the video's, watch the film, learn the difference, when someone hits you dirty, then whine, if not, SHUT UP...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#16 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:11 PM

Fights! Make it happen guys! biggrin.gif

Columbus shouldn't be in any harms way. Shelley plays pretty much every game anyways (which is great that they keep an enforcer in the lineup full-time, something that the Wings should do), and guys like Boll and Tollefsen can hold their own just fine.

Edited by Kp-Wings, 01 November 2007 - 05:24 PM.

#17 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:15 PM

Lord knows the Ducks need SOMETHING to come alive. This could be it...nothing like a headhunting mission! Columbus has the right mix of guys (1 heavy and a few nice middleweights) to make this a fun game.
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#18 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(Duck Guy @ November 1, 2007 - 12:21PM) View Post

i think the ducks should be worrying about getting some wins rather then getting even with one player... thumbdown.gif

QFT. I don't like Columbus, either.
Hockeytown - No Limits

#19 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:45 PM

feds is gonna get a hatrick and embaress the team when they go head huntin

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#20 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:10 PM

I like Boll, he plays a good hard game as if he were a New Brunswick lad. But he struck first when he crushed Moen, so now its time for the Ducks to send a messenger and take this game to the alley. Spare no one! Should be a hyped up crowd, I doubt you'll be hearing any pins drop tonight. Moen vs Boll would be a nice tilt, and one that i'm sure to analyze frame by frame. This has all the makings of a perfect game to watch.

Alright, Wings game will be on soon....i gotta split!

How long will it take for someone to go after Boll? I predict the 3 Manute mark.
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)