• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Ducksoup

Ducksoup

True Grit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:47 PM

I'm just wondering how many other "Old School" members there still are lurking around here. I used to post here pretty frequently but I've been driven off by the "OMG ZEterburg is SO HAWT" type of posts....thought I'd come back and give it another shot.

#2 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:54 PM

Still here, but I do a lot more lurking now vs. posting.

#3 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:17 PM

Would I be considered an "old school member"?

I've been doing more lurking than posting lately too.

In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#4 Ducksoup

Ducksoup

True Grit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

anyone remember GilchristForever or the original Patrick Roy? Those were the days, thats for sure.

#5 Lidstromrules16

Lidstromrules16

the best thing about life is knowing you put it together- T. Rez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(Ducksoup @ November 1, 2007 - 06:47PM) View Post

I'm just wondering how many other "Old School" members there still are lurking around here. I used to post here pretty frequently but I've been driven off by the "OMG ZEterburg is SO HAWT" type of posts....thought I'd come back and give it another shot.

He is a good looking man though..........wink.gif

anyway, I really dont post much so I wouldnt consider myself an oldschool member.....that is all

#6 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:30 PM

I am about as old school in terms of this forum as they come, still posting but getting pretty tired of some of the nonsense posters. dry.gif

The rest of the site is awesome, however, and certain posters can still be relied upon to be informative and educated about hockey. That's a plus and keeps me coming back. The quality of the discussion in the forum has deteriorated a bit, but with so many more members than the 300 or so who were here in the beginning, I guess that's the law of averages, or something.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#7 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:32 PM

ive been here for a while, but I dont talk here much

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#8 FUUFNF

FUUFNF

Let's Go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:32 PM

ah how i miss the scott luciddi and gillyfo days...

#9 Ducksoup

Ducksoup

True Grit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(puckloo39 @ November 1, 2007 - 11:30PM) View Post

I am about as old school in terms of this forum as they come, still posting but getting pretty tired of some of the nonsense posters. dry.gif

The rest of the site is awesome, however, and certain posters can still be relied upon to be informative and educated about hockey. That's a plus and keeps me coming back. The quality of the discussion in the forum has deteriorated a bit, but with so many more members than the 300 or so who were here in the beginning, I guess that's the law of averages, or something.

good to see some other 2002 members. i was a lurker long before then...i want to think it was fischer's draft year that i first came here looking for information on the man who, according to someone on the old MSNBC boards (yes, they had an NHL BBS) called fischer "the next chris pronger".

#10 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:50 PM

i was on here in 02 as another name. then i stopped coming here for some reason
I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#11 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:07 PM

Some of us are still around, but school has been keeping me busy with 7 classes....

Ah, yes.... Gilly and Scooter...

Edited by Rivalred, 01 November 2007 - 08:07 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#12 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:15 PM

Despite my join date - I didn't start seriously posting much until about a year or two ago. I just lurked and prowled...

Although, I just realized - In my 4+ years here, I have NEVER changed my avatar. Hmm.. maybe I should consider a newer one.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#13 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:52 PM

I've been around these forums for a while now dating back to about 2002 or so, but my join date says otherwise. I never really posted that much, mainly due to school and what not. I've got more free time now, so I come on a lot more.

QUOTE(Ducksoup @ November 1, 2007 - 07:21PM) View Post

anyone remember GilchristForever or the original Patrick Roy? Those were the days, thats for sure.

I believe the original Patrick Roy showed up during the playoffs last year for a little while. That seems to be his trend now.

GF disappared... which is a shame, because his Gilchrist for Captain threads were kinda entertaining.

Edited by Kp-Wings, 01 November 2007 - 10:54 PM.

#14 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(FUUFNF @ November 1, 2007 - 04:32PM) View Post

ah how i miss the scott luciddi and gillyfo days...

thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

#15 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:08 PM

Scooter is fine and still just the same as he was when he posted here.

If you want gillyfo - send him a PM smile.gif He normally PM's back!

I'm an old school member....

What about Unagi Sux LOL

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16, 02 November 2007 - 12:08 PM.

Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

#16 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:52 PM

What ever happened to Ontario Wings Fan? I haven't seen her in a long time.

QUOTE(haroldsnepsts @ November 2, 2007 - 01:05PM) View Post

thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

thumbup.gif / thumbdown.gif
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#17 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE(ARice89 @ November 2, 2007 - 12:52PM) View Post

What ever happened to Ontario Wings Fan? I haven't seen her in a long time.
thumbup.gif / thumbdown.gif

I think she may have gotten the perma-boot after years of trolling about Osgood.

#18 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(Ducksoup @ November 1, 2007 - 06:21PM) View Post

Patrick Roy was great! That was before I started posting, but I was lurking in full force at that time.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#19 Rebel

Rebel

Back to being the Asshole...

• Gold Booster
  • 471 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:39 AM

I'm still here. More of a lurker than a poster these days, but here none the less.

#20 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:32 AM

here. Hanging out the water cooler more than general discussion tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users