• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Duck Guy

Panic Button HAS been pressed in Vancouver.

Rate this topic

that's actually very valid, thick, multi-woven hockey socks do provide some level of protection against glancing blows from a skate. and really glancing blows are the vast majority of what occurs. skaters hardly ever are attacked or even just directly impacted with skates so the force is never that strong.

for gods sake it's the same technology as they used to make cloth armor with in the middle ages, it's not woven nearly as tightly; but it still provides some level of protection.

Edited by cap20066

Karma is a *****, people. Has anyone stopped to think what we're going to do one year when the WIngs aren't so good? I mean, we haven't had a truly bad year since what...93? The 80s? What are we going to do? I know I've never been old enough to be a fan to experience a truly bad season. I guess life moves on, but imagine how those fans must feel.

I can't answer as a RW fan because I only got back into hockey after the Wings had won a couple cups in recent memory, but having been a Lions fan for oh, about 4 decades, I can tell you that after a while you get stoic, and then you get a sense of humour about it. My dad has followed Detroit teams since he lived there as a child in the early 1940s. He always told me that being a Lions fan builds character.

If the Wings were (God forbid) to start losing, I'm sure there would be much anger, finger-pointing, a few fair-weathers leaving, and then we'd settle into it, much like Lions fans have. Then when they started winning again, we'd be suspicious, like I have been with the Lions this year. If the Lions win the Superbowl, I'll probably faint dead away.

Life does move on. It just sucks when your team isn't winning.

I don't think your crazy, I wouldn't make that trade either. Naslund is washed up now

But this is Detroit; we restore old muscle cars and old hockey players. :ph34r: !

Seriously, though, Naslund is a huge question mark. He can fly and he can score, but he's been mopin' around the ice like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh for the last 2 or 3 yrs, now. Seems like he'd be a good candidate for the "if the price is right, Bret Hull type replacement, 2nd line sniper" guy. I think they'd want more than Meech and Downs, though, but you never know.

They should pick up Danny Markov off the .99 cent value menu cuz someones gonna have to be desperate or stupid to ever have want him on their team now, I'm sure he'd be back in a second if somone offered anything close to what we did.

They need D? Downey and Meech for Naslund! Make it happen Kenny! :P

Naslund has never been the same since Bert clobbered Moore. Once Bertuzzi's game changed and he started ***** footing around the ice Naslund never got the same kind of open ice to score as he did when Bert was running people over and creating space for him. Naslund is still a 20-25 goal guy in this league but he will never be the man he once was. Oh yea..he makes 6 million dollars a year too :scared:

At least they'd look a little nicer while they're losing. :lol:

Yes and now if they ever forget what city they play for all they have to do is look down at their logo...OH YES NOW I REMEMBER!! We Play for Vancouver!

Yeah just like we did to Bertuzzi

Haha. I missed your Bert comments. I'm suprised you haven't been jumpin all over his s*** season thus far with the Ducks.

Completley off topic, I find it funny how when I view the posts, I associate people with their avatar. Haha, like when I see Draperfan, I picture talkin to a guy who looks a lot like Draper. Haha, imagine my shock when I realized that some of the people were girls.