• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

Grand Valley State 85, Michigan State 82

Rate this topic

I put a smiley face at the end to emphasize out sarcasm. Say what you want, but Beilein is going to turn that program around once he gets his players in.

I know. Just messing with ya in this thread after calling this loss just as bad as the Michigan lost to Appy State. Let me ask you this Manny. Does ohio state losing to a divison 2 school in an exhibition game, effect the "comparison" to the michigan football team loss to appy state?

I know. Just messing with ya in this thread after calling this loss just as bad as the Michigan lost to Appy State. Let me ask you this Manny. Does ohio state losing to a divison 2 school in an exhibition game, effect the "comparison" to the michigan football team loss to appy state?

When this thread was started, I wasn't sure if it was as bad as the App State situation, although I was leaning towards it not being nearly as big.

I sit here now knowing, that it's not a big deal because there's no emotional sting. When I saw the score I shook my head and laughed, because this game doesn't go down in the books and a month from now, no one will be talking about it.

When this thread was started, I wasn't sure if it was as bad as the App State situation, although I was leaning towards it not being nearly as big.

I sit here now knowing, that it's not a big deal because there's no emotional sting. When I saw the score I shook my head and laughed, because this game doesn't go down in the books and a month from now, no one will be talking about it.

now you know how i feel. My first reaction was "whoa...Izzo can't be happy with this" and I fully trust Izzo to get this team ready for the season.

I think it does. Not as bad as Michigan, but it is still without question embarrassing. Michigan State, and Ohio State will both learn tons from the lose just like Michigan did in football, and rebound strong. I'm pretty sure MSU will win the Big 10. I see no real strong threat, not even Indiana.

Yeah GVSU beat U-M in CLUB hockey, not the D1 hockey team. I played ACHA (club) hockey for 2 years, and the gap between ACHA, and CCHA is MILES.

Nonetheless...

our soccer team = 19-0, Ranked #1

volleyball = 27-3

football = 9-0, National Champions 4 out of the last 5 years

and basketball just beat MSU....it's good to be a Laker right now! :D

Nonetheless...

our soccer team = 19-0, Ranked #1

volleyball = 27-3

football = 9-0, National Champions 4 out of the last 5 years

and basketball just beat MSU....it's good to be a Laker right now! :D

Don't worry I'm not denying that. GVSU is a not only a great school for athletics, but also academics. The campus is also beautiful.

You also forgot about the National Championship in Women's basketball.....

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

i attend the glorius grand valley state university and think this is just the thing we needed to get national coverage to be moved up to d1 aa

and ill be buying this shirt within a few days

http://www.ubs.gvsu.edu/ePOS?form=item.htm...3&store=437

GV should not go to D1, or 1AA. Why go to the penthouse to the dog house at every sport? While I was doing my CCHA job I talked to the Ferris AD (the night GVSU spanked Ferris), and he said GVSU has created a monster no school in the country at that level can create, or compete with. He said for that reason they would be dumb to move up, and from people he talked to it sounds like they don't plan on it.

When I was at GV, 98-02 there was always talk that they'd move up to D1. Like Manny said, I don't think they have any reason to. What's better, winning national championships in D2 or being a whipping boy that everyone schedule's for homecoming in D1. As a GV alum, I'd rather see them keep racking up the championships in D2.

I've read that Grand Valley admin has absolutely no desire to move up to D-I. Honestly, I think they could compete in I-AA, but they wouldn't get the same national exposure because they wouldn't be regulars in the championship game. It'd be fun to think that if South Florida can pull it off, Grand Valley could, but there's already five D-IA schools in Michigan which is more than the state's talent base can support.

When I was at GV, 98-02 there was always talk that they'd move up to D1. Like Manny said, I don't think they have any reason to. What's better, winning national championships in D2 or being a whipping boy that everyone schedule's for homecoming in D1. As a GV alum, I'd rather see them keep racking up the championships in D2.

Exactly, and if you look at all of GVSU's rosters now they are stealing a number prospects from CMU, WMU, EMU, and some MAC schools because the player wants to win it all rather then getting whopped, or being average.