• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

11/7 GDT: Red Wings 3, Predators 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

what? hockey? where? I don't remember hockey.... oh, game tonight! yay! It is nice to finally play some divisional games to try and get a little more of a lead in the central. Wings will take it 5-1

Fellow Centre Ice Subscribers:

The Wings game isn't on the slate of games for tomorrow night, and it's not on VS or any other cable channel. Does anyone know what's up with this??!! I am going to call Comcast in the morning...

Fellow Centre Ice Subscribers:

The Wings game isn't on the slate of games for tomorrow night, and it's not on VS or any other cable channel. Does anyone know what's up with this??!! I am going to call Comcast in the morning...

says black out for me (online version of center ice) and iam pretty sure i dont get predator games in california.. lol

Edited by Duck Guy

I'm so excited to know that Downey is playing on the opposite end of the ice as Tootoo

I wish I felt the same way... I'd feel better knowing there was a cageless Drake at the opposite end of the ice, personally. There is very little chance that Tootoo will fight Downey, whatever happens will likely give Nashville a PP

I love my Red Wings.

They have absolutely earned the 5 day rest, and I hope they had some fun on their time off and got some good skates in here-and-there.

Here's to an energetic game and a Red Wings win!!!

*raises mug of iced tea*

The game is on channel 215 for me on direct TV it is like versus it is a new channel that highlights all the games for that night it is a dedicated channel for NHL, check your guides, I am in Arizona but I would think most systems will have this channel.

jsdkgjs I have missed our boys!!!

time to get things rolling again!

Wings win it 4-1 *Downey (if he's playing) 2 by Datsyuk, Cleary

GO WINGS!!!!

SHUT 'EM DOWN OZZIE!!!!

Btw, I was reading the Detroit News today and they were talking about shot totals and how Ozzie never pays attention to how many shots he's seeing/saving per game, and this is what he said:

""I don't know why they have it," Osgood said. "I mean in L.A. they probably have some surfer dude that puts up a shot every time it hits the goalie."

:lol: I don't know why but I found that to be hilarious!

Well, feels a little more like a big one this morning, but still doesn't match what it used to be.

I hope yall aren't getting too jacked up to see something happen with Tootoo. He's gone 8 games now without even picking up a minor penalty, he's also put in 3 goals already, matching last season and 1 away from high highest ever, add in 2 assists and he's halfway to his career high after just 14 games.

Don't know who starts tonight. Trotz hasn't been telling the goalies until the day of the game. Mason just won against Chicago on sunday, but Ellis is 4-0 with 2 shutouts.

If you haven't watched the Preds this season, they're a much different team this year. They don't have that quick strike ability and don't have nearly the offensive output from the blueline as past years. They are a little bit grittier (not much) and a lot better defensively (when they want to be).

Gelinas is coming back tonight, he's had some bad luck with injuries this season, cut his hand pretty bad in a team building trip to Fort Campbell, and then he walked into Erat's stick on the bench and got an eye injury. Hopefully he's ready to go now, he's proven to be a Wing killer in the past.

Bonk is our best pickup so far this season. Very effective defensively and has been perhaps the most consistent goal scorer for us.

Ortmeyer is finally settling in with the team and playing better. He hasn't lived up to the expectations that Rangers fans sent with him as far as penalty killing/shot blocking. But he's starting to pick it up.

The most important thing to watch for at this point is the first goal of the game. Preds have been an all or nothing team this season, they're either going to win by 2-3 goals or lose by 3-4. and it usually depends on who scores first. Get up on them early and they tend to lose faith and wilt away. But if they score first, then they can focus on going into defensive shutdown mode and really frustrate the other team.

Offensively like I said, they're not the same speedy, quick strike preds. In fact this team doesn't generate very much offense at all. But lately they have been converting on their limited chances. The playmakers are finally starting to click and find the back of the net. Arnott, Legwand, Erat, Radulov and Dumont all went through horrible slumps and it showed when we lost 6 in a row. Now they're back on their game and scoring again.

I really think the Red Wings puck control system will frustrate the Predators and make their already low shot total go from 20 or so, down into the teens. Hopefully the Preds can capitalize on a mistake or two, but I really think it won't matter because I don't see the Preds defense being able to handle Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Holmstrom.

Prediction...

Preds - 1

Wings - 4

oh yeah... The Red Wings STILL SUCK!

Edited by Legionnaire11

I am now very disgusted by the fact that I am pay almost 40$ a month to watch Detroit on Center Ice and.. They dont have the damn game.. however.. this will not take away from the fact that Detroit will probably be rusty the first period and then dominate the last 40 minutes..

Prediction-

Detroit 5 (Franzen, Lidstrom, Z, Z, Dats)

Nashville 2 (Arnott, Bonk)

Wings more physical

Lidstrom has noticed the same thing I have, about the Wings playing better as a team:

"The goalies have been playing well for us," captain Nicklas Lidstrom said. "I think we play a lot better defensively in our end, too, just finding open players, clearing the slot out a little bit better than we did in previous games."

The Wings have definitely played better the last 6-7 games. The teamwork in the penalty ridden, choppy games in the first half of October's games hardly resembles that in the last half of the month.

I hope we get to see this one on C.I. - I won't know til I get home tonight if TWC in Austin has it listed.

Go, Wings!!

I've missed hockey. 5-1, no Sullivan, Gelinas or Weber. Mason isnt very good and we've had a nice rest.

my thoughts exacly I don't know it will go 5-1 though maybe 4-1 or maybe a 6-2 game or maybe Ozzie will get a shutout.

Sullivan being gone will hurt them pretty badly. and Mason has nothing on the Red Wings.

lets go guys good to have hockey back :siren::clap: