• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

Time Warner C.I. not broadcasting DET/NSH Game?

Rate this topic

Puckloo39 is on the right track. The more I thought about this today the angrier I got. When I wrote my e-mail to the NHL last night I flat out accused them of pulling a bait and switch. I don't recall this info being available before we plunked down our cash. I know Bettman doesn't give a crap about the fans, but I don't believe they can get away with this. They sold a product and are now trying to modify the terms. Any lawyers out there?

note to Austin TX fans: I blistered a couple of account managers' ears today over this stupidity, and they finally said there is no plan to put the NHL Network online this season, or ever, in Austin. I guess the local franchises can decide if they want to take up a valuable spot on the 1000's of digital channels they have available, so all 10 of us Red Wings fans here can see the games. <_<

TWC couldn't care less that Center Ice, a service they promote and offer, has been corrupted and that we get the short end of the hockey stick in programming. I can't say realistically that I am surprised. Sorry, guys, I tried. :(

note to Austin TX fans: I blistered a couple of account managers' ears today over this stupidity, and they finally said there is no plan to put the NHL Network online this season, or ever, in Austin. I guess the local franchises can decide if they want to take up a valuable spot on the 1000's of digital channels they have available, so all 10 of us Red Wings fans here can see the games. <_<

TWC couldn't care less that Center Ice, a service they promote and offer, has been corrupted and that we get the short end of the hockey stick in programming. I can't say realistically that I am surprised. Sorry, guys, I tried. :(

Loo - I was told by a Time Warner Rep to write and demand they get NHL Network - they weren't carryng NFL Network and after so many people complained - they started carrying it.

I was given two pieces of information from this rep and right now I'm trying to get the email address to the president of Time Warner Cable because I'm going to write and complain.

All we have to do is unite and start complaining and flooding them with letters.. or threaten to switch to Direct TV....?

Loo - I was told by a Time Warner Rep to write and demand they get NHL Network - they weren't carryng NFL Network and after so many people complained - they started carrying it.

I was given two pieces of information from this rep and right now I'm trying to get the email address to the president of Time Warner Cable because I'm going to write and complain.

All we have to do is unite and start complaining and flooding them with letters.. or threaten to switch to Direct TV....?

Puckloo39 is on the right track. The more I thought about this today the angrier I got. When I wrote my e-mail to the NHL last night I flat out accused them of pulling a bait and switch. I don't recall this info being available before we plunked down our cash. I know Bettman doesn't give a crap about the fans, but I don't believe they can get away with this. They sold a product and are now trying to modify the terms. Any lawyers out there?

Hi,

I live in Austin, TX as well. Though I am not a Red-Wings fan (I am a Sabres fan), I feel your pain. I have lost 3 Friday night Sabres games to NHL Network already. So I feel your pain. The worst thing is Time Warner San Antonio carried the channel and I think they even offer the HD channel. Austin, with its tech hub, one would think, woyuld have more transplants from up north and more hockey fans than San Antonio.

If all of us request TW Austin to add it, may be they will, may be they wont. For what its worth can all of you in Austin, go to the TW Austin website and add a request?

Hi,

I live in Austin, TX as well. Though I am not a Red-Wings fan (I am a Sabres fan), I feel your pain. I have lost 3 Friday night Sabres games to NHL Network already. So I feel your pain. The worst thing is Time Warner San Antonio carried the channel and I think they even offer the HD channel. Austin, with its tech hub, one would think, woyuld have more transplants from up north and more hockey fans than San Antonio.

If all of us request TW Austin to add it, may be they will, may be they wont. For what its worth can all of you in Austin, go to the TW Austin website and add a request?

Glad you stopped by! I have emailed and talked to them in person, and they say (at the time, two weeks ago) that there are no plans to add NHLN here in Austin. I think it wouldn't hurt to email them again anyway.

Got Cox Digital Cable down here in New Orleans, no problems here as I just skimmed and it's showing up as a game option.

Also got NHL Network on the availability and it showed the Wings-Jackets game yesterday evening without difficulty, FSN Ohio feed (which personally I could give two s**ts about, commentary and stuff like that is secondary to me, as long as the game is on somewhere, I am happy).

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Also got NHL Network on the availability and it showed the Wings-Jackets game yesterday evening without difficulty, FSN Ohio feed (which personally I could give two s**ts about, commentary and stuff like that is secondary to me, as long as the game is on somewhere, I am happy).

You have amazing willpower then. I can't stand either of those guys (especially Jeff Rimer). Every time he calls Nikolai Zherdev "Slicky Tricky Nikky" I die a little inside.

You have amazing willpower then. I can't stand either of those guys (especially Jeff Rimer). Every time he calls Nikolai Zherdev "Slicky Tricky Nikky" I die a little inside.

Nah, not really will power. I've just heard (and did it a few times myself when I was younger and stupider) people rant away at announcers and other stuff like that which they can't control and just think it's kinda silly now. Just seeing and also taking part in such things in the past that I think don't really are all that constructive anymore.

Simple things, that's what I'm about. While I can definitely appreciate stuff like good commentary, HD TV, 60 inch screens and such, I don't need the latest/greatest stuff as long as it shows halfway decent. It's definitely better than nothing.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

NEWS FOR AUSTIN FANS!

Ok, just had a great conversation with Wes Clarkson from the NHL offices in New York. What I have learned:

1) All TWC affilicates that carry NHL Center Ice should be offering The NHL Network. He did state that this is taking longer to rollout than hoped and expected.

2) The afflilate in Austin has had permission to, and should have, had this channel listed as of November! When I took him to www.timewarneraustin.com and walked him through the lineup, he was shocked.

3) Wes was going to get the right people involved to address this immediately!

So, it looks like we should be getting ALL the games....later than wanted....but better than never. :)

(BTW...Wes was great in listening and understanding the thoughts posted through this forum. If anyone else has issues, i'd see if I could ask for him. I got him through the number listed prior in this thread. Seems like a great guy!)

RED WINGS ROCK!

NEWS FOR AUSTIN FANS!

Ok, just had a great conversation with Wes Clarkson from the NHL offices in New York. What I have learned:

1) All TWC affilicates that carry NHL Center Ice should be offering The NHL Network. He did state that this is taking longer to rollout than hoped and expected.

2) The afflilate in Austin has had permission to, and should have, had this channel listed as of November! When I took him to www.timewarneraustin.com and walked him through the lineup, he was shocked.

So, it looks like we should be getting ALL the games....later than wanted....but better than never. :)

(BTW...Wes was great in listening and understanding the thoughts posted through this forum. If anyone else has issues, i'd see if I could ask for him. I got him through the number listed prior in this thread. Seems like a great guy!)

RED WINGS ROCK!

great job! You got a lot farther than I did back in November with TWC. The rep (marketing person) I talked to then was so disinterested that she pretty much told me they were never going to offer it. A tech on the support line, however, read me the corporate memo that says what you were told -- that TWC-Austin should have rolled NHLN out in November, before the NHLN pirated our games off of CI. I think they just don't care about hockey (duh, loo!)

How many Wings fans are there in here from Austin now? I know of at least 8. We rule!! :lol:

NEWS FOR AUSTIN FANS!

RED WINGS ROCK!

Hi Michael,

I just came across this post and hope you are still following this thread. Do you have any updates on this? It is now the end of December and I still can't find the NHL Network on Time Warner in Austin. I called customer service to ask about it, and they are pretty clueless about hockey down here and didn't really know what I was talking about. Should some of us try and contact Wes Clarkson?