• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

Time Warner C.I. not broadcasting DET/NSH Game?

Rate this topic

More good news about this HD channel. Look at the wing's schedule. there are a bunch of games that are listed as HD on both networks. It seems this problem is just going to keep happening. Way to go Bettman...just keep screwwing the fans. I would just love to punch that moron right in the face, and then kick him in the ass. He needs to go.

Edited by savaking72

Way to go Bettman...just keep screwwing the fans. I would just love to punch that moron right in the face, and then kick him in the ass. He needs to go.

Thank you friend. That cracked me up. :thumbup:

Bettman is trying to kill this league. Cheli and everyone else can see this plain as day. So why is the clown still here? I know I am overreacting to todays kick in the teeth, but you just kind of reach your limit. Right?

Only Western NY gets the NHL Network, according to the Time Warner rep I am talking to. We in Austin are not ever slated to get that offering. Apparently if you have Comcast, you stand a better chance of eventually getting the network. Again, in Austin, there is no plan to add this offering.

There is no allowance for a discount or refund on Center Ice, since TWC regional service areas do not control what is on the feed, they simply provide the conduit (and collect our money).

She says the the NHL Network was the brainchild of the NHL itself, and the network has the rights to 50 games this season. She didn't know if 49 of those are Red Wings games, and said perhaps the NHL could answer us.

I am going to email the Red Wing PR office and ask them to find out which games have been sold to this other network. Maybe if they knew that by selling the rights to the Wings games, they are shutting out paying fans, they will do something.

Or not.

:unsure:

Bettman is trying to kill this league. Cheli and everyone else can see this plain as day. So why is the clown still here? I know I am overreacting to todays kick in the teeth, but you just kind of reach your limit. Right?

I believe Bettman is a social path. He just keeps doing stuff like this, and you know he is just sitting at home laughing his ass off. I bet he keeps track of how many fans he pisses off.

I don't think you are overreacting. I hope Chelios really takes it to Bettman. Go Cheli!

I believe Bettman is a social path. He just keeps doing stuff like this, and you know he is just sitting at home laughing his ass off. I bet he keeps track of how many fans he pisses off.

I don't think you are overreacting. I hope Chelios really takes it to Bettman. Go Cheli!

It is amazing how the league continues to screw its loyal customers.

We in Austin are not ever slated to get that offering. Again, in Austin, there is no plan to add this offering.

There is no allowance for a discount or refund on Center Ice, since TWC regional service areas do not control what is on the feed, they simply provide the conduit (and collect our money).

Wow. What a kick in the teeth. I just moved to Austin. The first game after the free preview, I was turned off. It took till the end of the 2nd and 1 hour on the phone until they figured it out. A week later I was turned off again and they blamed the NHL. I watched 1 period again. But the lady was sweet and told me to go watch the Ice Bats. And now this bit of stupidity. Well hey, They got my $150, so I guess I am the dummy. Live and learn.

It is amazing how the league continues to screw its loyal customers.

I would say we're being paranoid or over-reacting... but the TWC rep I just talked to said this whole thing was engineered by the NHL itself, in cahoots with Versus. The Wings organization should know right now which of the 50 games slated to be shown ONLY on NHL Network, and ONLY in NY or via another Comcast feed. I am going to ask them and see is anyone responds. Maybe they don't care, since the Michigan market can see the games, but they have to know that the Red Wings Nation is actually international... not just local.

The rest of us, not in NY or on Comcast, are without recourse. Who else besides the Red Wings would anyone else pay twice to see anyway, though? :cool: I actually would, but it sounds like we won't have that option here. Just pay that Center Ice bill and live with it, and hope that the majority of the games the NHL bought up are not Detroit games

Wow. What a kick in the teeth. I just moved to Austin. The first game after the free preview, I was turned off. It took till the end of the 2nd and 1 hour on the phone until they figured it out. A week later I was turned off again and they blamed the NHL. I watched 1 period again. But the lady was sweet and told me to go watch the Ice Bats. And now this bit of stupidity. Well hey, They got my $150, so I guess I am the dummy. Live and learn.

I can really ruin your night if you like the Ice Bats. Cedar Park just got bond money to build a new hockey arena by 2009... and the Ice Bats will not be invited. The Dallas Stars is going to start up an AHL affiliate called the Texas Stars here. No room for two teams, so the Bats are screwed... after 14 years in Austin.

I guess it will be nice to have an AHL team here, but I think the way the Bats have been treated sucks pucks, personally. <_<

Soooo, if we aren't allowed to watch the Wings, I guess we can drive to Cedar Park and watch the Dallas farm club. woo.

What a joke! Does anyone besides me find it at all absurd that it's those of us who have Comcast (aka the mega-conglomerate that LAUNCHED THE CHANNEL IN QUESTION) who can't get it?

"Coming soon", but no date given, and NHL Network not currently available in Seattle. National TV my ass.

any word on how many games we'll be missing?

the Time Warner rep I talked to was reading a press release to me. She said the NHL Network bought 40-50 NHL games, but it didn't say which teams or when or how many from the Wings, etc. I think the Red Wings themselves (PR) ought to know which ones are being sold off to BettmanTV. I am going to email them and ask... and see if anyone answers.

As with many other decisions which are ruining some of our NHL experience, this one is probably out of our hands.

i don't know why i'm so pissed about this as it's only been one game so far, but i'm really f-ing pissed. the nhl needs to take their heads out of their asses and their feet out of ours. no wonder hockey can't gain any steam in this country. s*** like this makes you not want to support this great game. no wonder detroit can't sell out a goddamn game. this league doesn't know how to treat it's fans.

i don't know why i'm so pissed about this as it's only been one game so far, but i'm really f-ing pissed. the nhl needs to take their heads out of their asses and their feet out of ours. no wonder hockey can't gain any steam in this country. s*** like this makes you not want to support this great game. no wonder detroit can't sell out a goddamn game. this league doesn't know how to treat it's fans.

I can't afford to "support" it much more, Dats. $170.00 per month during hockey season, only to find out I can't even re-purchase the games I already paid for? Nice. If the RW PR answers me, I will post here which other games we can expect to lose this season.

Otherwise, I guess we can check the NHL network website for the schedule on game days, to see if you're going to watch or listen that particular game. It will be a surprise! :crazy:

I don't pay NHLCI for the NHL - I pay it because I love the wings, grew up in Detroit and live in Portland, OR. I'm sure others have their reasons for being fans and all are valid. Sure I like to watch the PST games when nothing else is on and I have tv time to burn. But if I'm not guaranteed wings games as promised, then I'm outta here for good. I'll follow LaCrosse or ******* tidley winks if thats what the NHL thinks of me as a dedicated fan.

This isn't good. According to the schedule on TSN's website, the Wings are slated to be on the NHLN at least 5 more times this year--and possibly more based on fan voting (What's that all about "Which game DON'T you want to see in your local area??").

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl_network/feature/?fid=10435

The game tonight wasn't even listed on the schedule, so there could be more. And guess what? Sunday's game against Chicago is slated to be on the network as well! Thanks NHL!

I'm going to be mega-pissed off if I lose TWO games in a 5 day span to a ******* network that I can't ******* get.

And oh! Wings' fans only chance to see Alex Ovechkin this year thanks to our asinine schedule? Let's throw that one on the NHL Network too!

f*** you Bettman. Assclown.

I can't afford to "support" it much more, Dats. $170.00 per month during hockey season, only to find out I can't even re-purchase the games I already paid for? Nice. If the RW PR answers me, I will post here which other games we can expect to lose this season.

if you do find out that'd be great puckloo. :thumbup:

This isn't good. According to the schedule on TSN's website, the Wings are slated to be on the NHLN at least 5 more times this year--and possibly more based on fan voting (What's that all about "Which game DON'T you want to see in your local area??").

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl_network/feature/?fid=10435

The game tonight wasn't even listed on the schedule, so there could be more. And guess what? Sunday's game against Chicago is slated to be on the network as well! Thanks NHL!

I'm going to be mega-pissed off if I lose TWO games in a 5 day span to a ******* network that I can't ******* get.

And oh! Wings' fans only chance to see Alex Ovechkin this year thanks to our asinine schedule? Let's throw that one on the NHL Network too!

f*** you Bettman. Assclown.

what i don't get is the ducks game october 15th was slated for nhl network, yet it was on center ice.

what i don't get is the ducks game october 15th was slated for nhl network, yet it was on center ice.

I don't think the NHLN had launched in the US yet. Dish Network didn't start carrying it until October 17 per Wikipedia, so that might be the reason we were still able to get that game.

I am still upset with last nights game situation. I tried 3 times to call Directv about this and they were clueless. I wanted them to turn on Fox Sports Detroit for one night, and the service rep. laughed at me. He was in the Phillipines so I asked him if he even knew how to spell Hockey, and he laughed again. He did not even know what the NHL Network was. He said the game was blacked out-maybe. What an idiot, just like Bettman. Ruined my dinner. I will contact those that I can.

If anyone finds a phone number for NHL Network or Center Ice, I will call to complain, and I imagine a lot of us angry with the situation will do the same also. Emails can be ignored (and so can calls) but with a call, you at least make somebody listen.

It's complete bulls***. In my mind, the NHLN should be included with Center Ice, plain and simple. The people at Time Warner had no clue with what was going on, and didn't even know the NHLN was launched yet. I'm so tired of this retarded league screwing up things for it's die hard fans.

For what it is worth, I filed a complaint this morning with the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) regarding what I would categorize as fraud. We paid for a sports package, NHL Center Ice, with certain expectations. My stance is that the NHL Network - aka Bettman and Co. - is arbitrarily taking away services we have already paid for in good faith, offering (most of) us no alternative method of accessing the games they've selected for their new network.

I am protesting the fact that the public wasn't informed about the fact that the Center Ice package would be compromised by this poorly planned launch of a competitive network, with insufficient warning, and with no ability for a customer to opt out of paying for the now diminished service which was paid for in good faith.

This will probably lead nowhere, but if it gets Bettman in trouble at all, it will be worth it.

:angry:

For anyone interested, you can call the NHL offices at (212) 789-2000. I spoke to a real human from their TV/radio side of operations (or so he said). He was aware of the problem last night. I got the # from the Red Wings media relations person after informing them if this circus.