• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mwagner468

what would it take to get vinny lecavalier?

Rate this topic

ok moron how have we upgraded the team that lost to the ducks in 6? No this team wont win the cup as is. I think everyone knows that. Or do you think whoever wins the presidents cup they just give them the stanley cup. It is proven every year teams that have one scoring line get shut down in the playoffs or are you new to the sport

you go bro, you're so totally right. the world is just stupid and doesn't understand your struggle YOU ARE A VISIONARY DONT LISTEN TO THESE FOOLS KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT!

ok moron how have we upgraded the team that lost to the ducks in 6? No this team wont win the cup as is. I think everyone knows that. Or do you think whoever wins the presidents cup they just give them the stanley cup. It is proven every year teams that have one scoring line get shut down in the playoffs or are you new to the sport

No your the only one who thinks that because your stupid

oh, and welcome to LGW, you have made a great first impression :clap:

Guest jaytan

I'd trade datsyuk or zetterberg straight up if Lecavlier were available.

I don't know about Zetterberg, but I'd trade Datsyuk in a heartbeat to get Vinny. He's better all around, younger, more experienced and a better leader.

I wouldn't trade Zetterberg for anyone other than Crosby himself.

I wouldn't even do that. Zetterberg has more defensive up-side than Crosby.

This is quickly becoming my favorite thread. :lol:

Me too. In before lock. :P

I would go as high as Datsyuk for Lecavalier. Vinny is a 50 goal scorer, and the guy is only 27 years old. He fits the bill perfectly for a big player with scoring talent that this team so desperatly needs. The only one who's untouchable, in my book, is Zetterberg. Everyone else like Datsyuk, Filppula, Kindl, Smith, Howard, etc. would all be moveable resources for a guy like Vinny.

i would try and dupe the lightning into offering a hall of famer for vinny. chris chelios is a good starting point.

What's to stop Chris Chelios from activating a no-trade clause and deny the trade? :P

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I wouldn't trade Zetterberg for anyone other than Crosby himself.

To answer the OP: An act of God.

Seriously though, I'd deal Dats in a heartbeat for Vinny. Vinny is one of the top 5 players in the league, Dats isn't. And as Mac said, I wouldn't trade Z for anybody in the league except for Sidney Crosby.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Datsyuk and Zetterberg and untouchables in my eyes...

not even for vinny or crosby.

Explain a rational reasoning for this kylee, please.

Crosby is the best player in the world. If you don't think so I have formed a group for people like you that meets every Sunday evening to discuss the problem. Currently, there is space for you as there are only 5 individuals on the planet that don't think Crosby is the best player in the known universe. Oh, and Vinny is probably the 4th best skater in the world.

I won't even go into the statistical reasons for why its a no-brainer like, production, age, etc..... I'll just wait for you to explain why you wouldn't trade Datsyuk, one of the 25 best skaters in the world for Vinny or Z, one of the 10 best (currently) for the best skater in the world in Crosby.

how have we upgraded the team that lost to the ducks in 6? No this team wont win the cup as is.

This team hasn't been upgraded. I think most people on this board would agree that the Wings need a true second line scoring threat. I would have to agree with the assessment that the Wings, as is, aren't likely to win the Cup.

Personally, I don't think that they will win with Dom in net either. But, that is a topic for another thread.

Back to the topic....

To get Vinny out of Tampa Bay you need a few things:

1. Cap space

If Tampa were to trade Vinny, the lucky team acquiring him would need at least $3 in cap space prior to the deal.

2. A quality starting goalie.

Tampa Bay's biggest hole is in net. No doubt that problem would be addressed in any Vinny deal.

3. Compilation of picks/prospects/NHL roster players.

Vinny is a top 5 player in the NHL, a franchise player. He would leave a huge void in Tampa. One that the fans would need to see filled. Even if it were just a guy like Flip, it needs to be someone with potential, and/or someone that is a current threat offensively. Let's not forget Vinny's goal scoring ability.

Bottom line? Detroit would probably be about the 20th team on the list to get Vinny. The Wings simply don't have what it would take to get Vinny.

even then... :crazy:

I just love zets :lol:

Don't get me wrong, it absolutely kills me to say that, but Crosby just turned 20 while Z will be 27 on Friday.

If Z was the same age as Crosby, I wouldn't make the swap simply given that Z is the more natural scorer and we already have Dats locked up.

I wouldn't even do that. Zetterberg has more defensive up-side than Crosby.

Me too. In before lock. :P

See my above post.

I wouldnt trade Vinny for Datsyuk. Does Datsyuk have more talent than Vinny? No. Vinny is the better player. But Vinny will also probably want 750k per year more than Datsyuk, wouldnt be locked up long term when we got him, and most importantly doubtfully has the chemistry with Zetterberg that Datsyuk does.

Datsyuk, Howard, Kindl, and a 1st.

But realistically the only way Tampa ever trades Vinny is to dump salary. So they wouldn't want Datsyuk in return. Maybe Zetterberg. But there's no way Detroit makes that deal.

If Montreal offered up Higgins, Markov, Price, and a 1st they'd have a shot.

As far as I remember that's excatly what Tampa Bay asked last season for Lecavalier... Bob didn't wanted to move Higgins... right?

As far as I remember that's excatly what Tampa Bay asked last season for Lecavalier... Bob didn't wanted to move Higgins... right?

Thats too much for Vinny at this point. Vinnys great and all, but theres no way you get Higgins AND Price AND Markov. Not at this point. Thats basically trading a possible 1st line forward/current top 6 forward, a future #1 goaltender/current starting goalie, and a top pairing Dman, plus the highest pick you have, for Vinny.

I think Tampa would be best to get a Latendresse + Halak + Markov + 1st + 2nd for Lecavalier.

If were gonna talk about a possibly available Bolt', it's Martin St Louis. They wont trade Richards or Lecavalier. I'd love to get Marty here, but it's not gonna happen.

Also, I dont care what anyone says Datsyuk for Lecavalier is a hell of a deal for the Wings, you pick up a rugged center, who can score goals as well as he can pass. (Plus he fights! :P) Zetterberg on the other hand, I would only deal for Crosby, no body else. Zetterberg is one of the best defensive players in the NHL and has emerged as a fantastic offensive player this season.