• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2007 Heisman Trophy Thread

Rate this topic

2007 Heisman Ballot  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While Tebow will win the Heisman...

RUN DMC showed why he deserved more consideration for the Heisman Trophy than Hart against LSU the other day. RUN DMC is a stud and can't wait to see him play in the NFL.

McFadden, even including his big game against LSU, hasn't performed better on a per-game average basis than Hart, even if you don't account for the fact Hart has been playing injured for much of the season. I just don't think you can act like one guy should win the Heisman while the other shouldn't even be mentioned in the discussion when their numbers are so similar.

Here's a comparison between the two.

Rushing:

McFadden 25.3 carries per game, 143.8 Y/G, 5.7 Y/C, 1.25 TD/G

Hart 25.9 carries per game, 136.9 Y/G, 5.3 Y/C, 1.33 TD/G

McFadden and Hart are carrying basically the same amount, putting up the same yardage, and scoring with the same frequency. McFadden does receive more passes, but this is more a function of the fact that Arkansas has only one wideout to throw to; McFadden is second on the team with 21 receptions, and only one Arkansas receiver othert han McFadden has more than 13. Michigan has four players with 19 or more receptions. Michigan having better receivers than Arkansas shouldn't be a point against Mike Hart.

Edited by eva unit zero

McFadden, even including his big game against LSU, hasn't performed better on a per-game average basis than Hart, even if you don't account for the fact Hart has been playing injured for much of the season. I just don't think you can act like one guy should win the Heisman while the other shouldn't even be mentioned in the discussion when their numbers are so similar.

Here's a comparison between the two.

Rushing:

McFadden 25.3 carries per game, 143.8 Y/G, 5.7 Y/C, 1.25 TD/G

Hart 25.9 carries per game, 136.9 Y/G, 5.3 Y/C, 1.33 TD/G

McFadden and Hart are carrying basically the same amount, putting up the same yardage, and scoring with the same frequency. McFadden does receive more passes, but this is more a function of the fact that Arkansas has only one wideout to throw to; McFadden is second on the team with 21 receptions, and only one Arkansas receiver othert han McFadden has more than 13. Michigan has four players with 19 or more receptions. Michigan having better receivers than Arkansas shouldn't be a point against Mike Hart.

First off, I didn't claim McFadden should win the Heisman. I think he will get more votes than Hart based on what RUN DMC has done all season running the ball, catching the ball, and passing the ball. Hart is a good running back but not a complete back. I am not going to punish Michigan for having good wr's. Arkansas is much more of a running team based on having 2 good running backs.

Arkansas and Michigan ended up with the same record in 8-4, with Arkansas defeating more quality opponents than Michigan. Arkansas has beaten LSU, Michigan's biggest win this year is Penn State. My point on this is that big players contribute in big games. McFadden's performance against LSU is enough to grant him a trip to NYC, however he will not win the Heisman.

Sidenote: Wouldn't it be fun to see both Michigan and Arkansas play each other. Too bad it won't happen.

DMC Lands Heisman, The game against LSU and the way sports writers talk about him, leeds me to believing everyone is on the DMC bangwagon. I kinda am. Splitting time with Felix Jones and still nearly being a 2k runner.