• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 omnipotent_hudler

omnipotent_hudler

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:17 PM

So a recent thread in LGW got me thinking to what people on this board actually think about Sid the Kid and Hank the Tank. Say you're Ken Holland. You wake up tomorrow and there's a message on your machine from Ray Shero. He wants to move Crosby.... There's been no drastic changes in the kids play or anything, he just wants to move him. And he's talked to Crosby and Crosby is OK with being moved. The catch? He wants Zetterberg in return. Deal or no deal?

I threw in a Datsyuk for Lecavalier as well just for kicks

EDIT: Sorry folks; apparently I are stupid and screwed up the poll and cant edit it now blush.gif

Edited by omnipotent_hudler, 08 November 2007 - 11:22 PM.

#2 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:13 AM

Yes, no 2nd thoughts. It wouldnt happen, but if it did, Kenny would be crazy not to say yes.

Datsyuk for Lecavalier is a no-brainer.

#NOMOREKINDL

#3 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:44 AM

Yes and yes.

#4 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:54 AM

Yes, & Yes...My only concerns about Sid, & Vinny is their desire of wanting to stay Wings for a large portion of their careers; both Dats, & Hank (especially Hank) come across as loyal guys, & that type of loyalty ya just can't replace.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#5 Spinner

Spinner

4th line spectator

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:42 AM

I put no on both. Hank and Dats are loyal to the Wings and as amazing as they are, they still show improvement each year.
He found the key to success 4 hours before he found the hole in his pocket.

#6 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:51 AM

Crosby's the best offensive player in the world, so it's hard to say no. Also, I bet the JLA would fill up real quickly if Sid the Kid was in town.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#7 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(F.Michael @ November 8, 2007 - 09:54PM) View Post

Yes, & Yes...My only concerns about Sid, & Vinny is their desire of wanting to stay Wings for a large portion of their careers; both Dats, & Hank (especially Hank) come across as loyal guys, & that type of loyalty ya just can't replace.

Yeah, that's really the only caveat. If they were to stay here for the bulk of their careers, it's a pretty easy decision.

Zetterberg is an awesome player and probably my favorite on the Wings, but we're talking about a 20 year old who won the Art Ross, the Lester B. Pearson, and the Hart trophy in his second year in the league.

And as good as Datsyuk is, I'd give him up for a 6'4" 225 lb center in Lecavelier who can score, pass, hit, and fight and is coming off a 108 point season.

#8 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(haroldsnepsts @ November 9, 2007 - 04:07PM) View Post

Yeah, that's really the only caveat. If they were to stay here for the bulk of their careers, it's a pretty easy decision.

Zetterberg is an awesome player and probably my favorite on the Wings, but we're talking about a 20 year old who won the Art Ross, the Lester B. Pearson, and the Hart trophy in his second year in the league.

And as good as Datsyuk is, I'd give him up for a 6'4" 225 lb center in Lecavelier who can score, pass, hit, and fight and is coming off a 108 point season.

Agreed.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#9 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:55 PM

Both our yesses and no brainers.
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#10 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:46 PM

i put no on both because i am not looking for great hockey players, im looking for great redwings

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#11 Izzy24

Izzy24

Hmm...

• HoF Booster
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:47 PM

Yes to both.

Uh, the guy...the guy across the street is swee...sweeping his driveway and he...he...heduzzntevinow.

#12 RedWingsFever

RedWingsFever

Prospect

• Restricted
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:45 PM

I dont care what anyone says. Until Crosby works on his defensive game, Zetterberg is the better overall player. Simple as that.

#13 Earthhuman

Earthhuman

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

A bird in hand is better than two in the bush, as they say.

I stick with the Wings-for-lifers.

#14 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:33 AM

I voted no to both . Zetts is the future Captain and leader , he's a Red Wing through and through. As for the other two . i'm a very big fan of Lecavier but Dats is a one off a very unique player that gives our attack a different dimension . we'd be crazy to get rid of him .
^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#15 lfd250

lfd250

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:11 PM

Hahhahahahahaha hhahahahah are you kidding me??? No, no and um NO! Lets face it Crosby wouldn't make it in the west. It's a different style of play. That's like people saying Gretzky was better then Howe. Face it, there's more hitting, it's a tighter game in the west. The goalies are better and there's more travel. Hank doesn't back down from the rough stuff and isn't affraid to throw a hit.
Keep your stick on the ice - Red Green

#16 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:24 PM

I know I may be bias, but I would never trade Zetterberg for Crosby!
Go Blue!!!

#17 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(glasgowcelticwing @ November 11, 2007 - 08:33AM) View Post

I voted no to both . Zetts is the future Captain and leader , he's a Red Wing through and through. As for the other two . i'm a very big fan of Lecavier but Dats is a one off a very unique player that gives our attack a different dimension . we'd be crazy to get rid of him .

my thoughts exactly! clap.gif I voted no to both as well.

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

#18 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(lfd250 @ November 11, 2007 - 12:11PM) View Post

Hahhahahahahaha hhahahahah are you kidding me??? No, no and um NO! Lets face it Crosby wouldn't make it in the west. It's a different style of play. That's like people saying Gretzky was better then Howe. Face it, there's more hitting, it's a tighter game in the west. The goalies are better and there's more travel. Hank doesn't back down from the rough stuff and isn't affraid to throw a hit.

There are so many things wrong with what you just said, that I don't even know how to analyze it.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#19 Izzy24

Izzy24

Hmm...

• HoF Booster
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(lfd250 @ November 11, 2007 - 11:11AM) View Post

Crosby wouldn't make it in the West? Why not? He's the best player in the World, he'd be just fine.

So Chelios and Hasek can handle the travel in the West, but Crosby couldn't?

Uh, the guy...the guy across the street is swee...sweeping his driveway and he...he...heduzzntevinow.

#20 TheCaptain19

TheCaptain19

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:00 PM

no. zetterberg wants to stay here for his career, he claims. crosby wouldnt.