• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
omnipotent_hudler

Zetterberg for Crosby?

Rate this topic

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So a recent thread in LGW got me thinking to what people on this board actually think about Sid the Kid and Hank the Tank. Say you're Ken Holland. You wake up tomorrow and there's a message on your machine from Ray Shero. He wants to move Crosby.... There's been no drastic changes in the kids play or anything, he just wants to move him. And he's talked to Crosby and Crosby is OK with being moved. The catch? He wants Zetterberg in return. Deal or no deal?

I threw in a Datsyuk for Lecavalier as well just for kicks

EDIT: Sorry folks; apparently I are stupid and screwed up the poll and cant edit it now :blush:

Edited by omnipotent_hudler

Yes, & Yes...My only concerns about Sid, & Vinny is their desire of wanting to stay Wings for a large portion of their careers; both Dats, & Hank (especially Hank) come across as loyal guys, & that type of loyalty ya just can't replace.

Yeah, that's really the only caveat. If they were to stay here for the bulk of their careers, it's a pretty easy decision.

Zetterberg is an awesome player and probably my favorite on the Wings, but we're talking about a 20 year old who won the Art Ross, the Lester B. Pearson, and the Hart trophy in his second year in the league.

And as good as Datsyuk is, I'd give him up for a 6'4" 225 lb center in Lecavelier who can score, pass, hit, and fight and is coming off a 108 point season.

Guest RedWingsFever

I dont care what anyone says. Until Crosby works on his defensive game, Zetterberg is the better overall player. Simple as that.

I voted no to both . Zetts is the future Captain and leader , he's a Red Wing through and through. As for the other two . i'm a very big fan of Lecavier but Dats is a one off a very unique player that gives our attack a different dimension . we'd be crazy to get rid of him .

Hahhahahahahaha hhahahahah are you kidding me??? No, no and um NO! Lets face it Crosby wouldn't make it in the west. It's a different style of play. That's like people saying Gretzky was better then Howe. Face it, there's more hitting, it's a tighter game in the west. The goalies are better and there's more travel. Hank doesn't back down from the rough stuff and isn't affraid to throw a hit.

I voted no to both . Zetts is the future Captain and leader , he's a Red Wing through and through. As for the other two . i'm a very big fan of Lecavier but Dats is a one off a very unique player that gives our attack a different dimension . we'd be crazy to get rid of him .

my thoughts exactly! :clap: I voted no to both as well.

Hahhahahahahaha hhahahahah are you kidding me??? No, no and um NO! Lets face it Crosby wouldn't make it in the west. It's a different style of play. That's like people saying Gretzky was better then Howe. Face it, there's more hitting, it's a tighter game in the west. The goalies are better and there's more travel. Hank doesn't back down from the rough stuff and isn't affraid to throw a hit.

There are so many things wrong with what you just said, that I don't even know how to analyze it.

Crosby wouldn't make it in the West? Why not? He's the best player in the World, he'd be just fine.

So Chelios and Hasek can handle the travel in the West, but Crosby couldn't?

no. zetterberg wants to stay here for his career, he claims. crosby wouldnt.

why are so many people so confident that Crosby wouldn't want to stay here for his career?

This is all fictional anyways, but I don't get whey people are so certain he wouldn't stay.

Detroit is an original six team, finishes at or near the top of their conference year after year, is a Cup contender, and Crosby grew up idolizing Steve Yzerman.

I dont care what anyone says. Until Crosby works on his defensive game, Zetterberg is the better overall player. Simple as that.

Crosby is 20 years old. How good of a two way player do you think Z was seven years ago?

Voted no to both. Why mess up a good thing?

Remember that scene in Miracle? Sure it's fictionalized, but it makes a good point.

Craig Patrick: You're missing the best players.

Herb Brooks: I'm not looking for the best players, Craig, I'm lookin' for the right ones.

Yea, Vinny and Crosby are better players, and on the surface that should make you say "no duh, trade already!!" However, I just don't think either of them would fit in well with the system we have. Unless we're willing to completely change the style of play we've played for the past 15 years, then I don't think trading for them would do us much good. The fact is, on paper, both Tampa Bay and Pittsburg have more offensive tallent than the Wings, yet the wings are a better team. Why? Because we are a puck possession team with guys who know their roles. Maybe if Crosby could pull out an Yzerman and go from leading the NHL in scoring to being on the NHLs best defensive forward, maybe then it'd be worth it...but lets not break up the best duo in hockey just to cross our fingers. I'd have to vote NO at this point.

Edited by RedWings Gone Wild

Yes, no 2nd thoughts. It wouldnt happen, but if it did, Kenny would be crazy not to say yes.

Datsyuk for Lecavalier is a no-brainer.

no way datsyuk for lecavalier... vinny is my my fav player to but no way for dats... tampa wants a goalies so we'll give them hasek and toss in Niklas Kronwall and maybe a prospect.... we got a good strong first line Pavel Datsyuk, Tomas Holmstrom, Henrik Zetterberg and if we get vinny he should be on second line an be with Valtteri Filppula at left and rotate Daniel Cleary, Tomas Kopecky

third line Jiri Hudler as center,Kirk Maltby, Dallas Drake

that would make one strong team

no way datsyuk for lecavalier... vinny is my my fav player to but no way for dats... tampa wants a goalies so we'll give them hasek and toss in Niklas Kronwall and maybe a prospect.... we got a good strong first line Pavel Datsyuk, Tomas Holmstrom, Henrik Zetterberg and if we get vinny he should be on second line an be with Valtteri Filppula at left and rotate Daniel Cleary, Tomas Kopecky

I was kind of surprised how many of you wings fans said yes to this one. Zetterberg for Crosby would fill up the seats but you got to remember how outstanding Z is on defense. In my opionion he plays better D then any top forward in the league. Also you got to remember that Detroit believes in a style more then it believes in individual players. You have to have people that buy into that system as as I don't watch much Eastern Conference games I don't know how Sid would fit in. I would take Vinny for Datsyuk either but Vinny is a great player. If we somehow got him without giving up Datsuyk i agree you got to put him on the second line. No reason to break up the best line in hockey. So no to both, but then of course my screenname is Zetterberg5150 and I obviously am a little biased!!! Go wings

That would make a good second line, once you took Kopecky out of there. Hudler and Franzen are the Wings future secondary scoring guys. Also it is a tough question to trade for Lecavalier or Crosby. Zetterberg isn't as young as Crosby so you would get more years out of him, Zetterberg will be getting paid as much as Crosby in two years when he inks a new deal. You gotta love Zetterberg though, he and Datsyuk are the definition of class. Then you got Homer there who celebrates like it is the first time he has seen the puck go in the net, j/k he compliments them well. Zetterberg is dominating in more aspects of the game than Crosby this year. Although Lecavalier can give you 25+ minutes a night and has all the intagables, Datsyuk is a Red Wings lifer. He is dedicated to the Wings, people around the league are catching on to what he is capable of night in and night out.

A 42 year old goalie with a .88 save %, a 26 year old defenseman who hasn't reached his potential and has a long history of injury problems, and some prospect, in return for one of the best players in the league??

That's a playstation trade if I ever saw one. And there's no way you fit Vinny in under the cap without losing Datsyuk anyways.

I think Datsyuk and Zetterberg are great players, but I'd still make that trade. So would Illitch. With Crosby or Lecavalier in a Wings uniform, attendance numbers go up.