• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Dick Axelsson

Rate this topic

I was hoping that wasn't it. Oh well... onto Pulu and Tatar for future snipers of the world.

I'm having a tough time figuring out exactly what Tatar projects as. To me he's far from a sniper, he gets in the right place at the right time with his outstanding hockey sense, but to me he doesn't seem like a true sniper. I see him as a 20-30 type player, very much in the Hudler mould, and I think he'll constantly put together point totals like Huds did in 2008/09.

Assistant GM Jim Nill states in a Swedish newspaper that they want Dick Axelsson to give NHL another shot. They seem rather forgiving for what he did last time and Dick appears to be willing to give it another try when he feels ready. No big surprise considering how he performed in the LG Hockey games.

Translated by Google Translate:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhockey.expressen.se%2Ftrekronor%2F1.2327551%2Fdetroit-vill-ta-tillbaka-dick-axelsson&act=url

Edited by Jocke

We really have nothing to lose for someone who could turn out to be a great NHL player. I thught everything with Axelsson was done, but it looks like he didnt burn all bridges.

I still can't see him willing to play in the AHL though.

There's likely no room for him in Detroit next season with Mursak coming up and maybe Emmerton. I guess he could be competing for a spot against Cory.

He's got tremendous upside so of course I'd like to see him get a shot, just as long as his attitude has changed.

DICK expects to be signed by the wings this summer.

http://redwingscentral.com/stories/2011_03/23_RWCReport.php

Forward Dick Axelsson (Farjestad, Swedish Elite League) told a Swedish paper this week he expects to re-sign with the Red Wings this summer. The Red Wings may not be ready to give up on him, but he's very unlikely to see a minute of action in Detroit until he does his time in the minors. Axelsson has terrific offensive skills but needs heavy schooling defensively and in the Red Wings' structured system.

He is doing well in the playoffs and I expect him to sign with the Wings this summer. He already announced that he will most likely not play in the SEL next season.

From the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/elitserien/farjestad/article12914107.ab

Translated by google translate:

Gold hero: Detroit does not seem particularly interested anymore

MALMO. Dick Axelsson fled back to Detroit might be about to crack.

In all cases, according to himself.

- Yes, they do not seem particularly interested anymore. So now I do not know what happens, "he says.

There have been many trips around Dick Axelsson, and after winning the gold medal with Färjestad on Saturday, he said that it was his last game in the club.

All have taken for granted that Dick would return to Detroit's organization in the NHL.

Not ready for the KHL

- But now I do not know. There is no reaction from them and everything is up for grabs right now. It is well if so, whether they succeed me with any other NHL team, "he says.

KHL, then?

- Well, I know me not quite ready for that yet.

So you can be left in Färjestad?

- I do not know. Everything seems to open right now. I do not really know what I want, or what happens.

Dick Axelsson left Detroit's AHL affiliate Grand Rapids in the middle of the season last year and was loaned out to Färjestad.

Last winter, he belonged to Värmlänningarna.

But should be back to the NHL's Detroit, the only alternative. As he left the club were frozen contract under the NHL's rules and he is in Detroit until 2012/13.

Dick Axelsson, 23, was 30 points (15 +15) in 47 league games with Färjestad.

- Mats Wennerholm

From today's Malik Report:

Yesterday, I reported that Wings prospect Dick Axelsson had indeed terminated his contract with the Swedish Eliteserien champion, Farjestads BK, but he’d whined to Aftonbladet’s Mats Wennerholm that the Wings might as well trade him because the Wings’ contract offer to the restricted free agent probably wasn’t to his liking.

Well today, wouldn’t you know, it turns out that Aftonbladet’s Hans Abrahamsson and Emil Karlsson are reporting that the team FBK defeated, Skelleftea, is bidding for Axelsson’s services, though their GM, Lasse Johansson, “declined comment.”

Abrahamsson and Karlsson say that Skelleftea has a bigger budget than FBK, so they could offer Axelsson 80,000 more Swedish Kronor a month (or an extra $13,142.00 per today’s Krona-to-Dollar exchange rate) in pay, though FBK’s GM, Thomas Rundqvist, states the obvious in saying that Farjestad was led to believe that Axelsson would be leaving them for the NHL, but people can of course change their minds.

Like I said yesterday, you can see why Wings director of European scouting Hakan Andersson told Matthew Wuest of RedWingsCentral that while the Wings will retain Axelsson’s rights because they’re intrigued by his level of talent, they also think that he remains inconsistent and plain old immature.

He’s negotiating a contract with another SEL team, and a team which can offer him an extra $80,000-or-so in pay and the opportunity to play with his pal, Jimmie (brother of Jonathan) Ericsson, through the media.

Hell, earlier this month I I mentioned that Andersson himself was speaking to the other Swedish sports tabloid, Expressen, when he suggested to Tomas Pettersson that Axelsson’s still the kind of player who’d rise from his seat in the locker room and try to complain to Mike Babcock if he felt slighted or things were going poorly.

As Andersson so expertly put it…

“It’s enough that if he storms from his locker twice to go to Mike Babcock, he’ll be benched for good.”

What a shame...sounds like he needs to grow up, and it won't be at home in comfy Sweden and the SEL. Pay your dues, *****, and then you can join the big boys, maybe.

Axelsson recently signed with Frölunda Indians, and they are really going to push him to work hard this summer and try to make him a lot more fit, that's Axelssons only minuns, he is'nt fit enough.