• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Bettman gets his own radio show

Rate this topic

Want to quiz commissioner Gary Bettman about the state of the NHL?

XM Satellite Radio will give listeners the chance to do just that, announcing plans Monday for a new show called NHL Hour hosted by Bettman and a rotation of league executives.

The weekly program, debuting Nov. 27 and also broadcasting on NHL.com, will be co-hosted by Bill Clement and encourages fans to submit questions via phone and e-mail.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/News/2007...4650368-cp.html

uh huh,....i bet anything that alot of these questions are prescreened so he doesn't have to answer "why are you ruining the NHL" 100 times a show.

You know that's true, or better yet, maybe only people from the quote-unquote non-traditional hockey markets will get to call in. Because you KNOW any, ANY hockey fan with half a brain will be calling in just to trash him. Personally, I give the show two weeks...tops...before they pull it!

Edited by Winged Scooter

maybe it will be blacked out here, much like the games Bettman and his henchmen stole from Center Ice subscribers?

:)

What games are you refering to? I have not noticed any games missing from Center Ice?

(Sorry to go off topic)

What games are you refering to? I have not noticed any games missing from Center Ice?

(Sorry to go off topic)

NHL Network schedule

You may not lose any games, depending on where you live. We are not going to be able to get the NHL Network here in Austin (Time Warner cable), so the odds are that any NHL game which was purchased for the NHLN will not be on Center Ice. I don't think they have all the kinks ironed out, but I know WNY can get NHLN and some dish subscribers.

...why? Does he want to be publicly humiliated?

It's not a bad idea, really, but Bettman is so hated in the hockey world that I cannot see any positive responses coming out of this. In fact, I see it more or less people calling up to say how much the NHL sucks (myself included, as I wouldn't mind venting).

They better have screeners, for his sake, because Bettman is going to get chewed up and spit out by virtually everyone that calls...

Edited by Kp-Wings