Sign in to follow this  
96warrior

Wings Plane Slides Off Runway

Rate this topic

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/

Wings Plane Slides Off Runway

by Paul on 11/14/07 at 07:33 AM

Comments (0)

News is breaking this morning in Detroit and I just caught bits and pieces… Not sure if this happened on take-off or landing, but the Wings plane slid off the runway and reports are everyone is ok.

I will update as more information becomes available.

update 7:35am, Now Fox2 in Detroit reports the pilot took a wide turn on the runway in St. Louis last night and the plane got stuck in mud. The team spent the night in St. Louis and will travel this morning.

The first report of sliding off the runway was made by Channel 4 in Detroit.

A plane that slides of the runway sounds a lot heavier than a plane that got stuck in the mud while the pilot made a too wide turn on the runway.

I guess it's not that serious.

Not good though...

Who was the pilot ? Joseph Hazelwood ???

report on St. Louis local news

Edited by interminded

A plane that slides of the runway sounds a lot heavier than a plane that got stuck in the mud while the pilot made a too wide turn on the runway.

Not good though...

:lol:

Great to hear that everyone's ok though.

Not good though...

nice, IM!

Glad they're all OK...

Not good though...

Haha yeah, my first vision is the plane spinning and hydroplaning across the runway, the whole time Pavel's face in the window screaming, plane tips over sparks, and all but Lilja and Cleary without some injury (just another black eye, no problem), and Mickey comes and picks everyone up, says "thats why I don't fly anymore"

Haha yeah, my first vision is the plane spinning and hydroplaning across the runway, the whole time Pavel's face in the window screaming, plane tips over sparks, and all but Lilja and Cleary without some injury (just another black eye, no problem), and Mickey comes and picks everyone up, says "thats why I don't fly anymore"

Wow, their plane actually DID slide off the runway. I thought you were just using plane crash as a metaphor for the second period.

Touche :D Although it may have been more like a boat capsized quickly yet remained afloat, thanks to the back-up lifeboat

I'm glad they are all ok. Incidentally, who do you think freaked out the most? Like, screamed like a little girl and cried. I'd say Lilja. :hehe:

Probably MacLean, but whats to stop Chelios from screaming the loudest?

They have slid off the run way a few times... maybe they need to install anti-slip tires on that bad boy... Come on Moneybags! open yer wallet get er dun!

Oh MY GOD oh my god oh my god I am just glad everyone is OK....whew...I mean how close a call was that??? we almost lost the whole team in one fell swoop...albeit a slow motion turning stuck in the mud kinda swoop but still OH the humanity!! Woe is me at such a near calamity...I can hardly keep myself composed and I was'nt even there

I am so thankful everyone is ok... I mean they were probably going like 15-20 miles an hour and all of a sudden came to a slow halt in the mud...imagine their horror the sheer terror that must have been experienced on that plane...I bet there was some screaming and perhaps the shedding of even a few tears from these hardened men...I wonder if in the few minutes they thought they had left in this world as the plane was slowly stopping and it became apparent it would not move again without some assistance, if any of the players confessed deep long hidden man-crushes on their teammates?

:zzz:

brutus

Guest RedWingsFever

All I know is, if another "Marshall" happend to our Red Wings. Im not sure if I could go on...

Probably MacLean, but whats to stop Chelios from screaming the loudest?

What's to stop Chris Chelios from screaming louder than MacLean?

I heard Lilja was driving the plane.

No, no, no. Lilja's the Pain Train, not the Pain Plane. Besides, the only thing Lilja drive is opponents heads into the glass/boards/ice.

I'm glad there're all OK. If anything bad happend to them I'd seriously cry! It probably wasn't scary at all to them. They're bad ass Hockey players. Nothing scares them.

Edited by wingnut40