• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Hall of Fame Worthy Players

Rate this topic

Sergei Fedorov - Yes - If he wasnt so greedy and stayed with Detroit he would be a shoe in...hopefully his greed wont ruin his chances in NHL history

:angry::blink::crazy:

...oh sweet baby Jesus! Sergei took LESS money to go to Anaheim! Detroit offered him more mid season, but didn't give him enough RESPECT to get his personal prblems in order (Divorce & finding a new agent) beore he signed the contract. The Wings basically told him either signthis now or we're pulling the offer. So Fedorov being a man told the Wings to go f*** themselves and left when it came time. Disregard to crap lower offer the Wings offered him right before he signed with Anaheim, they were pretty much slapping him at that moment...

...with all that being said, on the list the only and I do mean ONLY locks are the aforementioned Fedorov because he IS the all time highest scoring European in the NHL and Modano for the same reason, him being the all time American scoring leader. That's it for guarntee's from you list...

...people with a good chance to get in are Shanahan, Neidermayer & possibly Sundin. The rest of your list is a resounding NO. They just haven't had the affect on the sport as the ones I mentioned. I highly doubt Sundin gets in now that I think about it...

How can any Wings fan in his right mind could ever defend Fedorov? I'm baffled.

Because anyone who half payed attention during Fedorov's career knows he was constantly jacked around by the Wings org...and that big business leaders aren't always 'right'.

Edited by Offsides

jagr is already in, thats why players like dom, burnaby joe, nick, etc. arnt on the list.

I think he was asking why Jagr is a shoe-in, and if so, then that has me asking why Jagr is not a shoe-in. He's the most successful European hockey player on the planet, maybe aside from Lids whatever way you look at it.

What Fedorov actually did for us should outweigh any of his flaws. I honestly can't see us winning 3 cups without him, and if he would have stayed, maybe we would have accomplished more.

For those of you who think Niedermeyer won't make the Hall...wake up. The guy is a virtual shoe-in. He has won more cups then Scott Stevens, a Conn Smythe, a Norris, an Olympic Gold, on pace for a similar(if not better) amount of points, and while not the heavy hitter Stevens was, is a better Defenseman. Plus he has played 7 fewer seasons. Not mentioning his Memorial Cup win and Memorial Cup MVP.

I may hate him just as much as the rest of you, but he will be in the Hall.

For those of you who think Niedermeyer won't make the Hall...wake up. The guy is a virtual shoe-in. He has won more cups then Scott Stevens, a Conn Smythe, a Norris, an Olympic Gold, on pace for a similar(if not better) amount of points, and while not the heavy hitter Stevens was, is a better Defenseman. Plus he has played 7 fewer seasons. Not mentioning his Memorial Cup win and Memorial Cup MVP.

That was such a good ramble, it was worth mentioning twice! Nah, seriously, I agree with you. He's a very accomplished player and not by luck. Hall shoe-in.

Mats Sundin - Yes

Eric Lindros - No

Peter Forsberg - Yes

Jeremy Roenick - No

Rod Brind'Amour - Yes

Mark Recchi - Yes

Mike Modano - Yes

Keith Tkachuk - No

Chris Osgood - No (Not Yet. A Cup this year would help)

Scott Niedermayer - Yes

Brendan Shanahan - Yes

Sergei Fedorov - Yes

Rob Blake - No

Alexander Mogilny -No

Curtis Joseph - No

Teemu Selanne - Yes

Gary Roberts - No

Nikolai Khabibulin - No

Mats Sundin - Yes

Eric Lindros - Yes

Peter Forsberg - Yes

Jeremy Roenick -Yes

Rod Brind'Amour - No

Mark Recchi - No

Mike Modano - Yes

Keith Tkachuk - No

Chris Osgood - Yes ( any goalie with 2 career goals is a lock )

Scott Niedermayer - Yes

Brendan Shanahan - Yes

Sergei Fedorov - Yes

Rob Blake - Yes

Alexander Mogilny -No

Curtis Joseph - No

Teemu Selanne - Yes

Gary Roberts - No

Nikolai Khabibulin - No

He scored a goal for Medicine Hat in a game against Swift Current, and he scored a goal for Detroit against Hartford. Geoff Sanderson chased down both shots.

Man... what kind of an Ozzie fan am I ??? <_<

Didn't know about that Medicine Hat goal...

Mats Sundin - No (for accomplishing what exactly ??)

Eric Lindros - No (for accomplishing what exactly ??)

Peter Forsberg - YES

Jeremy Roenick - No (for accomplishing what exactly ??)

Rod Brind'Amour - YES

Mark Recchi - No (for accomplishing what exactly ??)

Mike Modano - YES

Keith Tkachuk - No (for accomplishing what exactly ??)

Chris Osgood - YES

Scott Niedermayer - YES

Brendan Shanahan - YES

Sergei Fedorov - YES

Rob Blake - Maybe.

Alexander Mogilny - No

Curtis Joseph - No

Teemu Selanne - No

Gary Roberts - No

Nikolai Khabibulin - Nikolai Khabibulin ???????????????????????????????????? NO !!

Edited by interminded

He scored a goal for Medicine Hat in a game against Swift Current, and he scored a goal for Detroit against Hartford. Geoff Sanderson chased down both shots.

Yes, but if we start throwing junior stats in there, discussions for a lot of players would change.

...so, by the look of your avatar you are a Probert fan. I assume you are a wings fan as well. Hmmmmm, Probert left as a UFA, the Wings tried to offer him a small contract but he left for MORE money. I am to assume you would defend him for leaving then, being a Probert fan and all...

...a better response from you should have been, how can a Fedorov fan defend the Wings for screwing him by pulling the offer when he had personal issues going on and THEN offering him less money and smaller contract term!

Because anyone who half payed attention during Fedorov's career knows he was constantly jacked around by the Wings org...and that big business leaders aren't always 'right'.

:clap: Spoken like a TRUE fan of the game!

Yes, but if we start throwing junior stats in there, discussions for a lot of players would change.

Yeah, but otherwise i have to say something along the lines of 'Kutch you are a moron Ozzie only scored one goal but he still roxxorz to the maxxorz!' and that would just get messy.

Mats Sundin - No (for accomplishing what exactly ??)

Let's start with this:

- 500+ goals

- Close to 1,300 pts

- More than a point per game over his career

- 9 time NHL Allstar

- Longest serving Euro captain in NHL history

- Holds NHL record for most consecutive 70+ pt seasons

- Leafs all-time leader in goals and points (yes, this means something)

- 3 World Championships

- 1 Olympic Gold Medal

- Named best forward at 1992 World Championships

- Canada Cup Allstar team - 1991

- World Cup Allstar team - 1996

- Olympic Allstar team - 2002

Let's start with this:

- 500+ goals

- Close to 1,300 pts

- More than a point per game over his career

- 9 time NHL Allstar

- 3 World Championships

- 1 Olympic Gold Medal

- Named best forward at 1992 World Championships

- Canada Cup Allstar team - 1991

- World Cup Allstar team - 1996

- Olympic Allstar team - 2002

Those are nice accomplishments, but nothing HOF-worthy, imo.

There are a lot of players who have similar stats, but are still not in the Hall.

Sundin has no Stanley Cup, hasn't appeared in a Stanley Cup final even and has not one a single individual award.

There are a lot of players who have similar stats, but are still not in the Hall.

Since there are "a lot" who have similar stats, but not in the hall, could you provide one example at least?

Sundin has no Stanley Cup, hasn't appeared in a Stanley Cup final even and has not one a single individual award.

Of players in the top 50 in scoring, the following is a list of players who have scored better than a point per game, plus others below that mark who are mentioned in this thread:

Joe Sakic, 1.20 - LOCK

Steve Yzerman 1.16 - LOCK

Brett Hull 1.10 - LOCK

Teemu Selanne 1.09 - Excellent scorer, classy player. Should get in.

Bernie Nicholls 1.07 - Should get in, but probably won't.

Adam Oates 1.06 - Perhaps the best playmaker not named Gretzky; Should get in.

Pierre Turgeon 1.03 - Too one dimensional, was never an 'elite' center. Won't get in.

Mats Sundin 1.01 - Among the best centers for a decade, dominant offense and responsible defense. Should get in.

Mark Recchi 1.00 - Quietly one of the most effective scoring machines of the past 20 years.

Mike Modano 0.99 - Highest scoring American ever; he's a lock just for that.

Jeremy Roenick 0.93 - 500 goals, 1200 points, but rarely was he a 'top' player.

Brendan Shanahan 0.91 - 600+ goals, most dominating PF of his time. Should get in.

How one could say no to Sundin and yes to Peter Forsberg and Rod Brind'Amour is baffling.

Since there are "a lot" who have similar stats, but not in the hall, could you provide one example at least?

I really want to see who Interminded comes up with.

Starting with these... :lol:

Yeah, but otherwise i have to say something along the lines of 'Kutch you are a moron Ozzie only scored one goal but he still roxxorz to the maxxorz!' and that would just get messy.

had to make my picks somewhat controversial. Still how many goalies have even a single goal...? Ozz should get in on that alone.

had to make my picks somewhat controversial. Still how many goalies have even a single goal...? Ozz should get in on that alone.

Your are correct in that the list of goalies that have scored a goal in the NHL is not very long.....however, scoring a goal does nothing for me in terms of making a case for the HOF.