• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#201 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

lol, yeah it was pretty weird. Too bad about the Crosby dream being your last one though.

No hate, more worry for you :P

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#202 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

I had another Wing's dream and it was super weird.

I had to take a boat to get to the game and it turned out to be the Stanley Cup finals and everyone was talking about how the Wings just got in by getting 4 points. Keep in mind the game took place at this same time period. They ended up winning the Stanley Cup and then I was congratulating them and telling them I'm so glad I came to this game cause otherwise I wouldn't see them when they come to Montreal in January since the season ended earlier. Then all of a sudden it was like I was on a boat and leaning and ended up falling into the water and I was like aw now I have to wear wet jeans cause Jimmy Howard is wearing my other pair of pants. lol

#203 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

So in the little bit of time between the end of last night's game and this morning's alarm clock, I had a Wing-related dream. I'm not entirely sure I want to admit to having this one, because it's even more random than the Filppula/birthday cake dream, but what the heck. Posted Image

It was the sort of dream where I was watching it like a movie, rather than having my awareness be with the "me" character in the dream. It was set in the late 1940s, so just a little after the end of WWII and right at the beginning of the Cold War. And I was a spy. And Jimmy Howard was my spy partner. And we were assigned a flying car (!!!) by our spy agency and told to go meet with a Soviet informant who had some vital information to pass on. So we got in our flying car and went to meet the informant, who was "played by" Igor Larionov. And Igor gave us some documents, but they were in Russian so we didn't know if they were the correct info or not. So we went to take them back to our spy agency, but other people with flying cars started chasing us.

And then the alarm clock went off. Just when it was getting good!

I have no idea what to make of this dream, but if my subconscious is taking requests I'd really like to dream the sequel soon. Also, I can report that Jimmy and Igor looked highly spiffy in the 40s style suits with fedoras. (I looked pretty good in the retro clothes, too, but this isn't about me. Posted Image )

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#204 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

Harry Potter meets the Untouchables, starring the girl with the dragon tattoo? Interesting!!

I had a dream the other night, where I was getting up at dark-thirty to drive over to Kronner's house -- which is magically now in Round Rock, Texas. He had missed the Wings' plane and was supposed to be in Minnesota for a game that evening, so he asked me to drop him off at the airport.

When I got to his house, there was a bobcat perched on top of the roof, looking down like Snoopy used to when he was being a "vulture" in the old Peanuts strips. Of course, I sat in the car, petrified. I wasn't about to get out of that car!!

I called Kronner from the driveway and told him there was a bobcat on his roof. He laughed and said "Oh, don't worry about it. He's up there all the time." :o

I woke up about that time, so I don't know if we made it to the airport, or what. :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#205 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

Jenny that's some dream, cool concept for sure!

Linda I know why you had that dream...it's because you were up taking your friend to the airport Saturday morning. You just made it more fun, sort of.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#206 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

she did have squirrels in her attic, but ... no bobcat. Not sure where that came from. :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#207 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:50 AM

THAT is a great dream, Jenny! Just think of all the directions that could go in... how 'bout a reenactment of that scene from To Have and Have Not with Bogey and Lauren Bacall: "You know how to whistle, don't you, Jimmy? You just put your lips together and...blow." Ahem, I'm sorry, we were having a serious discussion about dreams here, I believe? ;)

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#208 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:25 AM

I drempt the Wings were playing in the small town where I grew up in an outdoor rink on the eastern edge of the town (where no rink actually exists).

I was sitting by the stands and saw Ozzie sitting on a hay bale near the end of the rink. I found 4 boards- 1x2, about 2 feet in length- and decided which was the prettiest one so I could ask him to autograph it. He just sat there staring through his glasses (like the ones in that picture) at seemingly nothing in his lap.

He didn't seem to notice that I was there at all. Then another goalie came out whose name was Bill. Apparently he was the back-up goalie. Then Joey Mac came out as well. Bill and Joey just sat by Ozzie, all three in their goalie gear, and just sat there staring into their laps at nothing.

Finally a lady came out. She was all professional and snippy and told me that the goalies simply could not be bothered at this time. They had no beer, and could not play without it and she didn't know where to buy beer in that little town.

I told her I knew many places to buy beer. She said it had to be a specific kind. I told her of a place that carries a lot of different kinds of beer. It was on the same street, but on the western edge of town.

So she and I and the 3 goalies and this girl named Shelly (who I used to work with about 20 years ago and has no connection with anything all) jumped on a motorcycle and headed across town.

We got to the store and the goalies went in and came out laden with beer. They got on the motorcycle and the lady told me to "step on it" and get them back in time for the game.

The beer had taken the spot where I was sitting, so I had to stretch my arms to about 3 times their normal length so I could reach the handlebars as I was sitting on the tailpipe. Once I got it going, I was flying in the air like a kite behind the motorcycle, arms still on the handlebars.

As we were going down the street, we hit every light at the yellow and I'd stop, crashing into Ozzie's back. Then the light would turn green and we'd be flying again.

I started wondering why the light was going from yellow to green, and the puzzlement woke me up, so I never had any real resolution to that dream, which makes me kind of sad.

#209 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:50 AM

Dreamed last night that Todd was giving me a professional hair cut in the craft department of my WalMart.

He was DAMNED good!

#210 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:00 AM

Dreamed last night that Todd was giving me a professional hair cut in the craft department of my WalMart.

He was DAMNED good!

Craft Department? I do hope he didn't skimp on the glitter and that he used some crafty little scissors on your hair. Lucky he wasn't working in the food service area - he would have needed a shower cap. Or a hairnet, at the very least.

;)

Karen, you know what they say about flying goalies in your dreams. :P

No, I don't actually know what they say either, but I am sure glad you got Bill and Joey Mac and Ozzie their tonic. I hope they said thank you!! :D

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#211 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

They never said a word. They just stared at their beer.

Hmm. Maybe if Kristi wore a shower cap, Bert would see that her hair needed attention and would give her a cut. It's too bad that we don't have a photo to post. That might do the trick. But, alas, how on earth could one get such a photo Kristi?

#212 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

:shifty:

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#213 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

I had one 3 nights ago...actually it was a "Hockey Nightmare" not a "Hockey Dream". It started off like a normal dream(well as normal as dreams can be). I was at this high school track for a meet. I had to use the bathroom and as I was walking there it turned from a track meet to a Renaissance Fair. I got into the building and there was this old guy taking pictures of everything and there was a lot of commotion going on. Then I noticed this little banner on the wall. As soon as I noticed it, everything got quite. I looked below the banner and there was a coffin. I was suddenly at a funeral. I ran back outside and the track had been turned into an ice rink. I got there just in time to see people loading all these coffins onto gurneys and wheeling them away. There was a lady narrating what was happening like it was on TV or something and she said that Brad McCrimmon was being wheeled off last. I was standing on the ice during all of this and then just fell down sobbing. I woke myself up crying so hard...I don't know why I dreamt this because I had finally gotten to the point where I wasn't always thinking about that day. But since I had it, it's back to the front of my mind. Sorry to make you guys sad. I guess I just wanted to share it to get it into text and out of my head...

On a lighter note I had one a few nights ago where I was comparing photos from grade school with a friend and was amazed to see that Kindl was in a bunch of hers but not of mine. The pictures were from when we were kids, but Kindl looked no different and I was amazed at how manly his beard was.

Edited by wingnut40, 16 January 2012 - 07:53 PM.

Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#214 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

<hugs, dear> That day hit me like a ton of bricks too.

#215 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

Thanks. I'm sorry to bring it up again. I know it's stupid to get so worked up over it because I didn't know any of them personally and because it was a while ago but...I don't know, I can't help it.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#216 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:21 PM

It still affects all of us one way or the other. Don't apologize for your feelings EVER.

That said, I guess it would be totally inappropriate to go into detail about the extremely NSFW dream I had about Jaromir Jagr Saturday night. :D

#217 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

Wonder why you had that dream....

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#218 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

Wouldn't have anything to do with that game I went to....:D

Or all the flirting with Jimmy Hawaii afterwards.

#219 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:55 AM

Don't worry, dear. I remember it often. Just thinking about those poor little kids brings me to tears. The wives/parents/other loved ones I'm sure hurt just as bad, but it's thinking about the kids that really gets me.

I had an odd dream about playing hockey. I was the goalie (as always) and we (LGW people) were playing against the Wings. I got an assist on a goal. Mule shot the puck at me and Zata tried to get the rebound, but I got it with my stick and passed to Kira, who got it to Doc Holliday on the point, who the scored on a breakaway.

The odd thing was that other than me, we were just like floating playing cards of our avatars. No hands or legs or anything. Just the cards, with the sticks floating magically in front.

Then all of a sudden I was sitting with Murph in an auditorium that had very few people in it and I was called up on stage to sing karaoke with Damon Bennett (the INSANELY HOT hunk from Holmes on Homes and Holmes Inspection) but someone changed the words.

I'm sure it was a real song, but I can't place it. (A bit of background here: The NDSU Bison won their first NCAA Div I championship last week and it is all you hear about around here.)

The words that were penciled in were, "You can't win another Stanley Cup with Draper and Ozzie, it's not enough. No, you can't win one, Bison quarterback, you'd just mess it up."

Then I was trying to see what the other words were that had been crossed out, and I was trying so hard I woke up.

Edited by 55fan, 18 January 2012 - 07:56 AM.

#220 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

Yeah, it's the kids that gets me too!! Anyway, Kristi maybe you could give the PG-13 version. :P And Karen, it's funny you say that about the avatars because I have the felling that something like that has happened for me too! That and I just imagine that everyone looks like their avatar.

The part about the auditorium reminded me of a dream I had over the summer. I was sitting in an auditorium with Ericsson and Draper. They were calling up the people who had gotten their names on the Stanley Cup and for some reason they called me up there. Later the three of us where sitting at a table and this lady wanted to take a picture of us. Whenever she was just about to take the picture Ericsson would move and make it blurry. I was about to yell at him, but then I woke up and for some reason was mad at him the rest of the day. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users