Wing/hockey dreams

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#121 ladypredsfan

ladypredsfan

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:37 PM

Even I have had dreams about a Wing. Vladimir Konstantinov - he could park his boots under my bed anytime!!!

So what's up with him and his wife? Doesn't she live in a different state?
IPB Image

#122 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

I adore Vladdie as well. I had heard he and his wife were seperated, but I don't know any details.

I agree about the boot-parking as well. He is getting older, and his accident pretty well ruined him physically, but he still has that smile that just melts me.

#123 ladypredsfan

ladypredsfan

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:16 AM

I guess they didn't have that "in sickness and in health" in their wedding vows. Hopefully that wasn't the reason she left. Even after the accident I'm pretty sure he could spoon! OH VLAAADDDDYYYY! My door is open!!
IPB Image

#124 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

From what I hear his wife and daughter live in Jersey, while he is still here. I agree with the "sickness and health" bit. My hubby has been disabled for years but I would never leave him. I swore to that vow, and I'm sticking to it. Although I love Pasha to distraction, I'm not the type to break up for any health reason. Like it or not, my other half is stuck with me.

Vladdie still has an amazing smile...I've seen it. Still could melt the polar ice cap in January.
Posted Image

#125 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:24 PM

Pat, that's wonderful that you are so devoted to you hubby. He's a lucky man.

I can't pass judgement on his wife. I have worked with people who have brain damage (I mean seriously, not just the idiots I work with now) and it can be very frustrating. It's not an easy road. I have no idea why they aren't together, but I do hope he gets to see his daughter.

His smile and his eyes.......still beautiful.

#126 ladypredsfan

ladypredsfan

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:08 PM

Ahhhhh! What a man!!!

IPB Image

#127 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (55fan @ April 17, 2008 - 08:52AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is obvious that this site is getting to me. I'm even dreaming about it.

Let me start by saying that I have never met anyone from this site in person except my sister, who wasn't in the dream. I have seen pics of several people, and for the rest, I have a bad habit of thinking people look like their avatars. (Yeah, Loo looks like Dom, Pat looks like Pasha, Lauren looks like a roaring Hootie... fortunately, I've seen a pic of Lizz because before that she looked like a disturbing combination of a cussing Maltby and an orgasmic Lebda.)

So anyway, I drempt that the Wings had a minor league women's basketball team and it was the gals from the Hottest Wing thread on the team. We were coached by Brandon and Rabs, and we played against the Wings, who were coached by Ozzie and Hank. The men looked fabulous in suits and ties, and Rabs was wearing a '70s style chocolate suede skirt and jacket with white eyelet trim around the cuffs and collar, which I thought was a bit much, but Hank found it quite fetching and was paying no attention to the game.

Lizz was supposed to go up for a jump ball against Draper, but Babcock (who was the ref along with Piet) waved her out of the circle and told me to come in. Now, in real life, I used to play basketball. That was decades ago, and even then I couldn't jump. I can lift my legs at the same time, which is technically jumping, but there is no net gain in my altitude. So I freaked.

Brandon called a time out, and told me that since Drapes and Babs were used to hockey, they would probably drop the ball rather than throwing it up in the air, so I should keep one hand down, and the other up in case he did throw it in the air. Play resumed, and Babs threw it up. I jumped, but Drapes (who is the same height as I am if you trust the official record) jumped so high his knees were level with my eyes. He slammed the ball towards the basket, and Reem, in full Ozzie goalie gear, jumped up as high as the basket and got it with her blocker.

As she was on the way down, Flip got the rebound and scored. The light went on, the horn sounded, and the Wings hugged each other. I was in tears since it was all my fault. The "fans" (LGW people, but I didn't recognize any of them) started chanting "high school goalie" at her. We all went over to the bench, except for Reem, who was still standing under the basket, and I started yelling at the fans that it was all my fault.

Someone said in my ear, "They won't listen. They always blame the goalie." So we all went to shake hands with the Wings, except for Hank and Rabs, who were by this time flirting in fluent Swedish. Dom (who was playing goalie for the Wings and was in full gear as well) went over to Reem and put his arm on her shoulder and was talking to her. Then Ozzie came over and lifted off the cage and said, "You did fine, eh. Don't let 'em get you down." Then he kissed her on the cheek.

The Wings went back to their locker room, Hank and Rabs kept flirting, Brandon and Ozzie carried on conversation, and the rest of us gals huddled together to talk about how cute the guys were in their basketball shorts.

First, I would never wear that. Second, I don't speak Swedish...but hey. Third, this is my favorite dream ever!

*Sorry for such a delayed response. I haven't been in here in months!

#128 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (HenrikRules40 @ April 30, 2008 - 10:15AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First, I would never wear that. Second, I don't speak Swedish...but hey. Third, this is my favorite dream ever!

*Sorry for such a delayed response. I haven't been in here in months!

I think the only thing in the whole dream that was realistic was that I can't jump.
You did look cute, even though the outfit was dated. Maybe Hank thought it was retro.

#129 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

Ok, this one was just insane. I was super tired last night and couldn't even stay awake for the game. I had it on in the bedroom, and I kept waking up whenever our boys scored. Which leads me to this dream.

Datsyuk, Homer, Zetts, and 2 other players were all kneeling on the ice in a line. In front of them lays Franzen on his back. He evidently can't breathe, so Z starts giving him mouth to mouth right there on the ice. All of a sudden, he jerks back and turns Franzen over and puke starts pouring out of his mouth.
Zetts goes into a coma and the ambulance drives right out onto the ice and picks him up and drives off.

Then the scene changes to a food court in a mall. There are several long buffet tables set up right in the middle of the concourse. And who, might you ask, was the host? None other than Pavel Datsyuk, who was wearing a light brown suit. But instead of a button down shirt, he had on a silk camisole with lace trim at the top. He came over to where I was standing and started leading all the diners in the Wal-Mart cheer. Then he karate-chopped one of the tables and split it in two long-ways.

Then I woke up. Mercifully.

#130 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (ChelisChick @ May 2, 2008 - 09:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, this one was just insane. I was super tired last night and couldn't even stay awake for the game. I had it on in the bedroom, and I kept waking up whenever our boys scored. Which leads me to this dream.

Datsyuk, Homer, Zetts, and 2 other players were all kneeling on the ice in a line. In front of them lays Franzen on his back. He evidently can't breathe, so Z starts giving him mouth to mouth right there on the ice. All of a sudden, he jerks back and turns Franzen over and puke starts pouring out of his mouth.
Zetts goes into a coma and the ambulance drives right out onto the ice and picks him up and drives off.

Then the scene changes to a food court in a mall. There are several long buffet tables set up right in the middle of the concourse. And who, might you ask, was the host? None other than Pavel Datsyuk, who was wearing a light brown suit. But instead of a button down shirt, he had on a silk camisole with lace trim at the top. He came over to where I was standing and started leading all the diners in the Wal-Mart cheer. Then he karate-chopped one of the tables and split it in two long-ways.

Then I woke up. Mercifully.

Wow. That's odd. You just might be a candidate for some sort of research. Or something. I'm giggling.

I drempt that Zata had bought a house in the town I used to live in. I knew the address, so one night I just went over there. I knew he was in Detroit, so I didn't worry about him being there. I just walked right in and was looking at stuff. I ate his food, watched a few of his movies, slept in his bed. I was amazed at how low level it was. Nothing at all was fancy, just modest and functional. Then I got up and drove off. For some reason, the key had broken off in the ignition of the car, but I just started it with my mind. As I was driving off, I looked at the number on the house and realized that I had been in the wrong one. I looked across the street and there was a mansion with a big Z on the gate and security standing outside. That was Z's house. I was mad, but I didn't want to hang around.

#131 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (55fan @ May 2, 2008 - 11:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I drempt that Zata had bought a house in the town I used to live in. I knew the address, so one night I just went over there. I knew he was in Detroit, so I didn't worry about him being there. I just walked right in and was looking at stuff. I ate his food, watched a few of his movies, slept in his bed. I was amazed at how low level it was. Nothing at all was fancy, just modest and functional. Then I got up and drove off. For some reason, the key had broken off in the ignition of the car, but I just started it with my mind. As I was driving off, I looked at the number on the house and realized that I had been in the wrong one. I looked across the street and there was a mansion with a big Z on the gate and security standing outside. That was Z's house. I was mad, but I didn't want to hang around.

Then you got arrested for breaking and entering right? laugh.gif
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#132 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (wingnut40 @ May 3, 2008 - 09:47AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then you got arrested for breaking and entering right? laugh.gif

Nope, just drove off wondering if I should have made the bed.

#133 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

I drempt that my hamster and I were on a beach. I was reading and Nikky was playing in the sand. We were watching cars drive off a dock into the water and back onto land. I thought it was stupid they were doing that.

Then it was time to leave, so I put Nikky back in his cage and put him in my car. It looked like my car, but it was like the frame of the front seat on a motercycle, only much narrower. I couldn't get the thing to start, but then it started moving, very slowly. I rode for a while, trying to get it to go faster. Then I realized there was a man running behind me pushing me. We got to an intersection and he slowed us to a stop. Two cops came up and asked if we were having trouble. The man said that it was a Canadian bike and it was supposed to run like that. The cops said "ok" and left. I told him it was a Ford, and he said that cops believe anything, and told me to hang on.

We rode through the country like that, and when we got to a city, he reached up on my dash and flipped a switch and the engine came to life. He sat behind me and said "that's enough of a workout, we'll ride from here". He put his arms around me and held me so tight that I was blushing. We got into Detroit (where I've never been in my life) and he was giving me directions. We finally pulled up in front of this run-down building and he said he had to get to work and thanked me for the lift. I only saw him running from the back. He was tanned and dark haired, wearing swim trunks and tennies and built like a Greek God (that should have been my clue to who it was).

I followed him to the building, but the door was locked. When I finally found a door where I could get in, there was a hall and I could see hockey players walking away from me. They were wearing red uniforms with numbers, but no names. The numbers of the guys I could see were 11, 18, and 33. Then a guy came out of a door by me and it was Kopecky. He was wearing number 81. I said "let's go, Red Wings" and he turned and smiled. I asked why he was wearing 81. He said it was time for a change. He told me to come with him.

I followed him into a room with lockers. Not like a hockey locker room, just a room with plain grey wall lockers like you'd find in a high school. He opened one and took out a pen and signed my Wings hat. Cleary was standing by a locker on the other side of the room. He glared at me and walked off. Drapes and Malts were sitting on a couch in street clothes, looking very tired. Drapes had his beard, but Malts and Cleary were clean-shaven.

I walked over to them with my hat and Koko's pen. Malts looked very annoyed. Drapes held out his hand and explained to me that people weren't allowed in there since it was the only place they could get away from the fans and the media, but it was Kopay's fault for bringing me in there. He signed my hat, and Malts signed, and I babbled about how I had never been to Detriot in my life, but that I had once written Drapes a fan letter (not true). Then they told me to leave, so I did.

When I got back to my car/motorcycle, Cheli was sitting on it and asked if I wanted to go for another ride. I told him I needed to use a bathroom first, so I went looking for one. Then I woke up cuz I really had to go. Blast my middle-aged bladder.

#134 PenaltyShot 96

PenaltyShot 96

Youth Movement

• HoF Booster
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

laugh.gif Girl, you always have the most awesome vivid dreams.
"That's what happens when Downey walks into a room...things die."

#135 PenaltyShot 96

PenaltyShot 96

Youth Movement

• HoF Booster
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Fedorov65 @ March 16, 2008 - 12:42PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't had any recent dreams about any of the Wings. Last dreams I had that I remember was years ago...Igor was in a few and Sergei Fedorov. Also had a dream I was at the Toast.

One of the funniest hockey dreams that I had was about Mike Modano. You know how athletes are on cereal boxes when they win a championship.....I was in a grocery store and there was Mike Modano on a box of cereal....Lucky Charms and he was dressed as the Lucky Charms elf! I couldn't figure out why he was on the box since the Stars didn't win. Then it said on the back of the box that every year the Stars DIDN'T win the Stanley Cup one of them would appear on the cereal box as the Lucky Charms elf.

Very, very strange dream.

I just randomly found this. Appropriate, no? I vote Ribiero goes on the box - sales will go down scared.gif laugh.gif
"That's what happens when Downey walks into a room...things die."

#136 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:30 PM

I wanna go for a motor cycle ride with a Wing. Any of them would do. I am sure they would be very careful and ... push you uphill if they had to. So polite, that dreamy Greek God of 55's. laugh.gif

I don't like motorcycles, they scare me -- or rather the impact of an SUV hitting me when I am riding one scares me. That's what I get for living in a city with too many drivers, and tooooo many huge vehicles, I guess.

But, I would risk it for a snuggle on a roaring engine... wink.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#137 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (PenaltyShot 96 @ May 19, 2008 - 05:21PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif Girl, you always have the most awesome vivid dreams.

Unfortunately, the majority of my dreams are nightmares- and they are the most vivid. I love it when I have good ones, especially hockey ones I can share.

#138 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (puckloo39 @ May 19, 2008 - 05:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wanna go for a motor cycle ride with a Wing. Any of them would do. I am sure they would be very careful and ... push you uphill if they had to. So polite, that dreamy Greek God of 55's. laugh.gif

I don't like motorcycles, they scare me -- or rather the impact of an SUV hitting me when I am riding one scares me. That's what I get for living in a city with too many drivers, and tooooo many huge vehicles, I guess.

But, I would risk it for a snuggle on a roaring engine... wink.gif

You just want to be the one behind Dommie on the bike. You'd have your arms wrapped around him so tight it would take the Jaws of Life to spring you two apart.

Posted Image

#139 Kronwall55

Kronwall55

Rookie

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:38 PM

I had a Wings dream a week or 2 ago. Lidstrom was in it (NO...not THAT kind of dream) laugh.gif

Anyway, Lidstrom was sitting at a table and one of his sons was crying. His son wanted his dad to play with him and Lidstrom kept telling him he couldn't, he had to go. And the little boy just kept crying.

Makes me wonder why the heck I dream some of the things I do.

#140 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (Kronwall55 @ May 20, 2008 - 05:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a Wings dream a week or 2 ago. Lidstrom was in it (NO...not THAT kind of dream) laugh.gif

Anyway, Lidstrom was sitting at a table and one of his sons was crying. His son wanted his dad to play with him and Lidstrom kept telling him he couldn't, he had to go. And the little boy just kept crying.

Makes me wonder why the heck I dream some of the things I do.

Daddy has to go and win a Cup, then he can come home and play all summer. It is a premontiion that the series will go more than 4 games. You are psychic. You just don't know it yet. Wait. If you don't know it, then you can't be psychic, or you'd know it.

Oh, well, win the Cup for the baby, Nick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users