• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#161 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

Okay, so I have had this dream maybe a couple of months ago. I think during the playoffs.

Anyway the dream pretty much consisted of me winning some sort of contest to hang out with Johan Franzen. So Franzen comes over to my apartment, (which wasn't relly my place) but in the dream it was. He came over plopped on my sofa and asked for a drink. He said "so, you won,what do you want to do for these couple of hours?" I was like "s*** I dont know, lets go outside and walk to this oudoor fair or shopping area. But the funny thing about this dream is, I would always call him Franzen, and every time he would reply, it's Johan damnit! In this big deep swedish voice.

"Its Johan damnit"

Needless to say, I woke up laughing.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#162 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:43 AM

With both of us in our "birthday suits" Al Sobotka, and I were on the Zamboni cleaning the ice surface during the 2nd intermission of game 1 Cup Finals...With my junk flapping in the wind as we circled the Joe - someone from the stands threw an octopus in the direction of my privates ohmy.gif .....As I attempted to cover myself to avoid being struck - I lost my grip, and fell head-first onto the ice sad.gif .....Just before I went unconscious the entire crowd in unison pointed at me, and in Nelson like fashion shouted "Ha-Ha".

...and that's when my dream began hehe.gif

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#163 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

I had these dreams a while ago, but never felt like posting them, until one of them actually happened.

First I had a dream that we won the Cup with Brett Lebda scoring the game winning goal, but it wasn't from the blueline it was around the front of the net.

Then I had a dream we won the Cup and I was asking if Miller had played enough games to get his name on the Cup.

Most recently, and this one came true, I had a dream Patrick Eaves scored, real close to the net, stick side, wearing a home jersey. My view of the goal was (this is gonna be hard to explain)like if you're watching the game it'd be the left side of the screen, making it the opposition's net in either the 1st or 3rd period. I woke up and I was like "Eaves hasn't scored in a while, so this couldn't happen. It'd be more likely to happen if he was on a streak or something." But then at home, against Buffalo, he scored stick side on Miller, in the 1st period. The replay of that goal was basically my dream. It was SO weird!!
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#164 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:30 PM

I had these dreams a while ago, but never felt like posting them, until one of them actually happened.

First I had a dream that we won the Cup with Brett Lebda scoring the game winning goal, but it wasn't from the blueline it was around the front of the net.

Then I had a dream we won the Cup and I was asking if Miller had played enough games to get his name on the Cup.

Most recently, and this one came true, I had a dream Patrick Eaves scored, real close to the net, stick side, wearing a home jersey. My view of the goal was (this is gonna be hard to explain)like if you're watching the game it'd be the left side of the screen, making it the opposition's net in either the 1st or 3rd period. I woke up and I was like "Eaves hasn't scored in a while, so this couldn't happen. It'd be more likely to happen if he was on a streak or something." But then at home, against Buffalo, he scored stick side on Miller, in the 1st period. The replay of that goal was basically my dream. It was SO weird!!

Keep dreaming the good stuff like that. Cup wins... Goals scored... Imagine if Lebda did score the GWG. This place would be a mass of spattered brains from all of the heads exploding.

Just realized that I haven't been keeping up on this thread at all.

It's Johan, dammit. :P

#165 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:17 AM

Hi guys! Mind if I join in? :) The only Red Wings dream I know I had was about Steve Yzerman, but I can't remember a darn thing about it! When I woke up, I was trying to think about it, but all I can see in my mind is him standing in this weird place...I have no idea what was going on.

The funniest hockey dream I ever had was about Alex Ovechkin. I was back in high school, and instead of putting on a normal play, they were doing Cinderella on Ice, haha (we actually did that play my freshman year, but not on ice, obviously). My high school was all-girls, and we always had a problem trying to get guys to be in the plays; there's an all-boys school in town, too, but there were only a few guys who would get the guts up to do it. So in my dream, we had this extra problem that nobody could ice skate (which is true here in So Cal), so we got Ovechkin and some other random students from Russia to come and be in our play, haha. The funniest part was when I was sitting in a corner watching Alex talk to some of the people at my school, and I being all snotty like, "Psh, he thinks he's Mr. Cool Hockey Player Dude...well, I'm not going to act all star-struck!" but then I was totally trying to impress him with my skating sequences, lol (which was really surreal at the time because I didn't know how to ice skate - I finally learned this year!). And then we had this part where we had to skate together, and eventually we kinda got along better after we had to practice together so many times, and it was this whole love/hate relationship thing, lol, like a really bad movie. So weird. I guess it kinda mirrors real life, though...I kinda went through a period where I couldn't stand him or the Caps, but now I've warmed up to them. I love 'em when they play Pittsburgh, hehe.

The other one I've had recently that I can remember was about Patrick Marleau, which is REALLY random. I mean, I kinda like the Sharks, and I know he's a good player, but I don't really know a thing about him personally. Anyway, so I dreamed I was at this skating rink (this is after I learned how to ice skate, hehe), and first I was looking for my friends and my parents, and then after I found them I finally got to skate, but then the rink made everybody get off the ice because the Sharks were coming there to practice. We were all like, "Oh, well, cool, I guess," and stuck around, and then the players all came by where we were standing on the way in. This is where it gets weird: I asked Marleau to sign something, and he stood there and starting listing off all these reasons why he couldn't do it. He was like, "Oh, I'm really sorry, but I just don't have the time because I have to do this and that and the other thing," and at first I was understanding, but then when we left, I was really mad and thought he was a jerk, especially because I was thinking, well, if he didn't have the time, then why was he standing there wasting it by making a speech about it? I'm sure he's much more courteous and logical in real life, lol.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#166 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

May I join you in the dreamland confessional?

My first ever hockey dream was many years ago. I dreamed I was a reporter at the Joe covering a practice, and I was interviewing Slava Kozlov. He was just a lovely person in the dream and I felt all warm and happy when I woke up because he'd been so nice.

Right before the '08 playoffs started, I had a dream that my husband and I were at Disney World in line for Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Kris Draper got in line behind us-- with the Stanley Cup! And poor Phil Pritchard, of course, who looked very uncomfortable in his suit and white gloves in the Florida summer heat. Draper was awesome and acting like he was our buddy when we were in line. When we got up to the ride he strapped the Cup in like it was a passenger. Then afterwards Draper introduced us to his kids and he took us to get ice cream-- which was served out of the Cup, of course! Kennedi Draper was very happy because I asked for her autograph on a napkin, right under her dad's.

(We did actually go to Disney that summer, but alas, Draper did not join us.)

I do occasionally have naughty dreams about Red Wings-- Shanahan and Legace used to show up frequently (not in the same dream), but my subconscious seems to have moved on. Now it conjures up Cleary and Pavel most often. Also, if Pavel shows up in a dream of any sort, he speaks Russian to me and I understand it. Do I understand Russian when I'm awake? No. But it sounds great in the dreams!

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#167 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:24 PM

Okay, here's a good one. I was apparently starting a new quarter at college (but it didn't look like my college), and my first class was a Spanish class. The teacher asked me some questions, but I couldn't remember a darn word of Spanish, even though I took it in high school. I started to get frustrated and wondered what I was doing in a Spanish class anyway since I'm a French/English major, and I figured there must be some mistake, so eventually I just walked out.

So I was feeling kind of bummed, but then I went to my next class and sat down, and who walks in but Darren McCarty? I suppose I should say Professor McCarty because he was, in fact, the teacher of the class! I don't know what the subject of the class was (seems like maybe it was science, of all things), but he gave a really awesome lecture and was really funny (like in real life), and it made me forget all about my Spanish class debacle. Apparently I was wearing a Wings jersey, and after class he signed it for me and we joked around for a while. Then I was just kind of walking around campus thinking that this was pretty much the best day ever. It was pretty much the most awesome dream ever, anyway! Just about the most unlikely thing in the universe, but awesome, nonetheless.

Also had a dream about Stevie a month or two ago, but it was kind of boring, so I didn't bother to post it at the time. I was in a restaurant and saw him, and I was trying to think of a way to be cool and not make a big deal when I went to talk to him, but then this guy threw a shirt at him and yelled, "HEY STEVIE, CAN YOU SIGN THIS?!" so then I thought, well, I don't have to worry about being subtle now, I guess. I think the dream changed right about then...laaaame! The only good thing about it was that it happened the night before we won an important game...I think it was Game 7 against the Coyotes. Seemed like a good omen to me!

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.

#168 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

I had a dream the other night that I was in this old western town that was being attacked. I went on a building's roof top(cause ya know, that's what you do instead of going underground or something). Anyway, I go on the rooftop and Nick is up there and he's freaking out about something, it wasn't that the town was being destroyed though, it was something else. So I'm like "If NICK of all people is freaking out something must be wrong" I never figured out what he was spazzing about because then he sat down and started playing a piano that was up there. I wonder if he can really play the piano?

The dream I had the next night was weird too. Me and a friend were watching a game at the Joe right next to the glass. We ended up losing the game 4-2, and for some reason some of the players threw their sticks to us. So I had like 5 players sticks. I thought they might be worth something so I went to try to sell them. I'd never do that in real life, but this being my first year of college I was probably thinking how pressed for money I am haha. Anyway, so I go to sell these sticks and Cheli's the one I'm selling them to. I'm like how much can I get for these sticks. He told me it depended on who's sticks they were. I said I had Hossa, Datsyuk, Draper, him, and Ozzie. He then told me they'd be $50 each. I'm like "C'mon Cheli(like I'm his friend or something) they cost way more than that to make. Stop giving me a hard time and tell me how much they're worth." He never told me because shortly thereafter I woke up. :P
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#169 hokeychik22

hokeychik22

leapin' lou fontinato

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:19 PM

never had any wings dream yet really. have dreamt of minor league boys though ;)

take that back. have recently had dream with darren helm, justin abdelkader, and chelios has appeared in a few dreams too

Edited by hokeychik22, 10 December 2010 - 10:56 PM.

#170 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

I was working in a hotel and the Wings were in town. I was looking for Ericsson, but Helm kept following me around. I tried to ditch him, but he showed up (drunk) at my room. I told him, "I'm not your number any more; I'm Bertuzzi's." He said, "Age is just a number." I told him that was what I was talking about. I'm 44 years old now.

So he came in and the next morning I'm going, "I just ****ed Darren Helm." I went to work in the hotel cafeteria and was keeping a look-out for the Wings because I really wanted to meet Ericsson. I was buttering toast and lagging when a guy asked me for some toast. I said, "Yes, sir, Mr. President." and buttered President Obama's toast.

Everyone around me was "You just buttered toast for the President!" and I was thinking, "I just ****ed Darren Helm." but I didn't want to say it out loud. Then I started wondering who I could tell. Not LGW. I'd be branded a puckbunny. Not any of my friends. They don't like hockey. I thought maybe I'd just send a PM to Loo and leave it at that.

Then my sister (who used to live in Chicago) came up to me and told me that she had just talked to President Obama and they discovered that they had been neighbours. I said, "I just ****ed Darren Helm." She said, "You win."

Edited by 55fan, 22 April 2011 - 12:59 PM.

#171 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

Indeed. You DO win! :D

#172 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:58 AM

Posted Image Banging any Red Wing > Buttering any world leader's toast! Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

#173 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

Just to be clear: The dream was not about banging out with Helm. That part was implied. The dream was about telling people that I had done it. That is a true sign of age. I am now too old to actually do it, even in my dreams; but if I get it, even in my dreams, I have to tell the world!

#174 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

Haha Karen, that sounds like a really funny dream!! I've been dreaming of Helm the past few nights, but none of them are good. He's always yelling at me!! :( And it's weird because I'm not madly in love with him or anything so I don't know why I keep dreaming about him.

Dream 1:
2 nights ago I had a dream I was dating Helm. We were talking about something and then out of the blue he starts yelling at me that I don't love him. He's like, "You don't really love me for me. You just love me because I'm a Red Wing!" I got really sad/angry and said that I love him more than anything and how dare he say that I didn't. Then I stormed out of the room. The End.

Dream 2:
Last night was even weirder! My mom and I were waiting outside for something and it was cold and snowy. I look over and see Helm standing nearby freezing his butt of because he's wearing shorts and no coat, just a hoodie. So, since he was waiting too, I asked him if he needed a ride anywhere but he said no. So all of a sudden we're all in this building like a drug store or something. I had a box of sweet tarts and my mom wanted some. So instead of just dumping out the few she wanted she dumped out the entire box and just took a few from the pile.

I was irritated with her for doing that because I had to try to scoop the rest of the candy back in the box without spilling them everywhere. I didn't want Helm to see that I was mad at my mom and think I was a brat, so I try to act cool, but I end up spilling the candy all over the floor and they broke and went everywhere!! So my mom gave me a little broom and dust pan to sweep up the candy.

I'm really mad about it and start sweeping up the mess. Helm come's over and starts yelling at me, telling me I'm doing it wrong. So I say, "I'm trying, but it's hard to get all the little pieces." He says, "Well that's because you're doing it wrong!" So I get mad at him and throw the broom and dust pan at him and say, "Fine you do it then!"

Then he starts apologizing to me. He's like, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. Sometimes I act like that because I feel like I'm boring." (Yeah because mean is the opposite of boring) So I say, "That's ok, sometimes I feel boring too." Then he's like, "You're not boring, you're beautiful...you're beautiful." I'm like, "...oookaayyy?? :huh: "

Then this cat shows up and he's like, "In that cat's world the Wings will win game 6." and I say, "In my cat's world the Wings will win the Stanley Cup" The End. Lessons learned from my dreams: Helm is mean and cats predict the future. :blink:

#175 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

Ahahaha, these are all great! Helm's certainly been making the rounds recently, hasn't he?

I got a new one. My 8th grade class, along with the Wings (and one other player), were playing some kind of weird combination of basketball and hockey. It basically looked like basketball (hoops, court, etc.), but you needed a goalie for some reason. So these two guys I didn't like were in charge of picking teams. Apparently I was a goalie, and I got picked along with Howard for one team, while Ozzie and Bryzgalov (?!) got picked for the other. I guess I must've been a really darn good goalie because I was torqued off at the guy who picked the team because Howard got to start over me.

Hehe, that's when I KNOW it's a dream - I was the goalie on my school's soccer team one year, and I suuuucked (sad part is, I was better at that than any other position...I was not good at sports as a kid - can't run to save my life, literally). So then Jimmy and I were talking, and I don't think he was saying anything mean, but I was still mad because I didn't get to be the starting goalie, so I was like, "Yeah, whatever, Howie," and walked off. Poor guy. I was a lot nicer to him when I met him in real life, I swear! Well, in a way, that's comforting, I guess...something actually turned out better in real life than in my dreams for a change. I think my subconscious could do a little better than that, though. :P

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.

#176 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:10 AM

I drempt that I was Jimmy's goalie coach. I was Yoda-sized and flew around on a little flying carpet. I had him blindfolded and was saying all sorts of Jedi-esque things like, "Feel the flow of the air as the puck leaves the ice and rises. You will know that it is going top shelf. You must learn to feel which way the puck is going. Be one with the air, and you become one with the puck." That kind of drivel.

Nothing really happened. Just a lot of me talking and floating on my magic carpet.

#177 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

I had a dream with Valtteri Filppula as the guest star last night. I dreamed that I invited him over for my birthday party, and apparently he was a normal member of my group of friends, because everyone was just like, "Oh, hey, Val," when he got there and no one was like "OMG THERE'S A RED WING AT YOUR BIRTHDAY PARTY." And then he took the slice of cake that had the most frosting roses on it, and I was mad because I wanted that one, so he started trying to make me laugh by feeding me bites of the frosting and making airplane noises while he was moving the fork towards my mouth.

Not sure what my subconscious was about with that one, but it got me to wake up smiling, so it's all good.

detroit-skyline.jpg

#178 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

I drempt that I was Jimmy's goalie coach. I was Yoda-sized and flew around on a little flying carpet. I had him blindfolded and was saying all sorts of Jedi-esque things like, "Feel the flow of the air as the puck leaves the ice and rises. You will know that it is going top shelf. You must learn to feel which way the puck is going. Be one with the air, and you become one with the puck." That kind of drivel.

Nothing really happened. Just a lot of me talking and floating on my magic carpet.

You worry me. ;)
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#179 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:45 PM

You worry me. ;)

And Jenny doesn't?

#180 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:28 AM

And Jenny doesn't?

He's just used to me. Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users