• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Booster313

Dom Bashers Welcome!

Rate this topic

I wanted to give all the people on LGW a place to come and tell Dom how bad he played. So let me be the first to say it.

blah blah blah...Dom sucks...blah blah...bench him start Ozzy....blah blah....He's old....blah blah....he flops too much....

I hope I didn't miss anything. Seriously I don't know what's wrong with Dom. He needs to find his game and he will. I personally think he needs to see a few more shots early on. He seemed to get going a little in the third period. We played a pretty damned good game for the most part, however the D did give up 4 breakaways tonight and that's what killed us. I am not making excuses, a great goaltender needs to step up and make those saves when the D does make a mistake, and I have every confidence that Dom will, in the meantime Ozzy will continue to roll along with his amazing year!

Lets support both our goalies and want them do succeed.

Guest Jeremy88

that's your mistake, you have confidence in dom

He's 42 years old...he's too old to be a goalie

Sounds familier....I heard the same thing last year.

hey, Booster... there was no need to start a new thread for Dom Bashing. Pretty much every thread on the forum features some of that right now. :P

Good try, though. I love the sentiment that we should try and support both goalies. Some of us do. Many do not.

I want the goalie in there who can win. I also want the goalie in net, in front of whom this team will play great hockey.

If that goalie is not Dom, then so be it.

I hate saying but, Dom has not looked good. If the playoffs started Monday I would say start Ossy. However the fact is that we are just 7 weeks in, about a quarter of the season. Well see what's up in another 7 weeks.

I have to say for the BOOST to come in and start a negative Dom thread that means the panic button is on for the Dominator. Now I am officially worried boost!

Now I get it guys, he is playing awful right now. Hell I think he looks the worst in net in the entire league, maybe not the entire league but he is the worse looking goalie in the Central division. So per the norm Puckloo I agree 100% with your post. I want the winner in net BUT without sacrificing any chance of getting Dom back on the horse. There is no need to banish him, he has to play to improve but I don't think he is our number 1 guy though.

Always! Love both my goalies.

Oh and boost, no more crazy talk about Bryz

I hate saying but, Dom has not looked good. If the playoffs started Monday I would say start Ossy. However the fact is that we are just 7 weeks in, about a quarter of the season. Well see what's up in another 7 weeks.

I agree I would feel better if Dom had at least one game this year that I felt is of his caliber. To this point he has had okay games and bad games, but not great games. I still think Dom will come around, he has way too much pride to not live up to his name, if I know Dom he will be at the rink first thing in the morning tomorrow taking shots from someone.

I have to say for the BOOST to come in and start a negative Dom thread that means the panic button is on for the Dominator. Now I am officially worried boost!

Now I get it guys, he is playing awful right now. Hell I think he looks the worst in net in the entire league, maybe not the entire league but he is the worse looking goalie in the Central division. So per the norm Puckloo I agree 100% with your post. I want the winner in net BUT without sacrificing any chance of getting Dom back on the horse. There is no need to banish him, he has to play to improve but I don't think he is our number 1 guy though.

Always! Love both my goalies.

Oh and boost, no more crazy talk about Bryz

Munkee, it wasn't a real Dom bashing post. It was a sarcastic attempt at putting all the Hasek haters in their place. That being said everyone is entitled to their opinion I just don't know how many times Dom has to prove everyone wrong before he is allowed to have a few bad games. It seems for Dom, and all Detroit goalies for that matter your only as good as your last game.

hey, Booster... there was no need to start a new thread for Dom Bashing. Pretty much every thread on the forum features some of that right now. :P

Good try, though. I love the sentiment that we should try and support both goalies. Some of us do. Many do not.

I want the goalie in there who can win. I also want the goalie in net, in front of whom this team will play great hockey.

If that goalie is not Dom, then so be it.

Puck,

Thanks for the support and I agree with you 100% however I just feel like Dom needs to play through this to get his game back. Give him a few starts in a row. Let him see some shots and get his timing back.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Sounds familier....I heard the same thing last year.

I havent been impressed with Hasek since game 6 Conference finals 2002.

I havent been impressed with Hasek since game 6 Conference finals 2002.

Then I'm not sure how much hockey you watched last year, or if you caught any Senators games the year prior before the injury that is. Of course your entitled to your opinion.

Edited by Booster313

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Then I'm not sure how much hockey you watched last year, or if you caught any Senators game the year prior before the injury that is. Of course your entitled to your opinion.

I've watched around a half of the regular season games and all of the playoffs. I Truly belive if we had Osgood In net durign the CFs vs Anaheim we would be defendig our title right now. Hasek is annoying, old, to skinny, and he flops around to embelish ez saves. Hes let in like what 8 weak goals already?

I've watched around a half of the regular season games and all of the playoffs. I Truly belive if we had Osgood In net durign the CFs vs Anaheim we would be defendig our title right now. Hasek is annoying, old, to skinny, and he flops around to embelish ez saves. Hes let in like what 8 weak goals already?

Wow? Really? I don't think Dom could have played to much better in the playoffs last year. I question your knowledge anyhow as soon as you said you only watched half the season. I am sure you are under the lake effects of Ozzy's recent play. I don't disagree that Ozzy is good but saying that Hasek was bad THE HALF of the season you watched last year is just crazy! Your fired, "gangsta"!

Wow? Really? I don't think Dom could have played to much better in the playoffs last year.

I thought Dom was pretty bad in our losses when we needed him, personally. That Selanne shot that was unstoppable...would have hit every other goalie in the chest. That doesn't mean any other goalie would have gone farther than him though.

There needs to be no bashing of Dom. His stats speak for himself...the only controversy is that people are still saying he's starter. If he and everyone else would just adjust to his role as backup he could go back to being beloved.

Edited by Offsides

I thought Dom was pretty bad in our losses when we needed him, personally. That Selanne shot that was unstoppable...would have hit every other goalie in the chest. That doesn't mean any other goalie would have gone farther than him though.

There needs to be no bashing of Dom. His stats speak for himself...the only controversy is that people are still saying he's starter. If he and everyone else would just adjust to his role as backup he could go back to being beloved.

Hello Boys and Girls of Hockeytown:

To say that Dom looked bad is being obvious. Actually he looked awful, and really hasn;t been the Dom we have known and loved. For those who are saying that age is a factor, well, your right. It is. You can look back and talk about the older goalies of yesteryear, Terry Sawchuk for one, and use the excuse that they played in their 40's. Johnny Bower of the Leafs did. But remember, the sport is a lot tougher and faster than it was back then. A 40 year old goaltender has no chance for the up-and-coming youth of todays NHL.

Quite franlky, I'm pleasantly surprised at the play of Chris Osgood. He has done well this year. Add to that the fact that the Wings have 5 losses this year, 4 at the hands of the Blackhawks. Speaking of which, why after 22 games have the Wings played the 4 times already? Where is the schedule guy getting his weed from? Anyway, look gang..Dom is too old and the Wings need Chris Osgood to get in there and be at his best so the Wings can, too.

Just a thought. Thanks Everygody. Jay Rock OUT! :cool:

You know this wont be easy for me to say. But i was a osgood basher for a long time and never really liked dom.

But i would love to see osgood back in the number one spot. He is playing too good right now to sit him and let him cool off. While dom is throwing games away. The guys play better it seems when doms on the bench. The prob. with all of this is there is no one out there that would take dom off our hands. I dont think unless we take a late draft pick they should have never brought him back. Its almost like the barry sanders thing with the lions but barry didnt come back and play for another team. That to me was a slap in the face but. I guess where pretty much stuck with him for now all we can do is hope he gets back to at least half of his talent.

I would think all the Ozzie-Lovers would adore Hasek right now. He's making Chris look incredibly good. No need for all the hatred for Dom, even if you're of the opinion that he's lost all four of this season's losses all by himself. He hasn't, any more than Ozzie won all the games by himself.

Who says Dom won't play backup, by the way? I have not seen him say that, or anyone from the Wings suggest it, for that matter. And it's not Dom saying he's the starter. He says, I play when the coach tells me to.

So, address all complaints to Mike Babcock and the Wings management. Hasek was a perfect team mate last season, and so far as I know, this one as well.

I'm not going to say he's too old, or anyting cliche and simplistic like that.

The fact is, he's not stopping shots. He's allowing way too many soft goals, there's no certainty that we will win anymore when he is in net. And we talk about "he needs more shots to be good", but let's face it. He's not going to face more. Our defense makes sure of that. And even last season, we all have to admit. He isn't the dominator anymore. He is not that solid anymore. Maybe he will be come playoff time, but how many games do we want to sacrifice to find out? He needs to go into backup mode for a little bit. We need to get going on a streak again, and then let him play again.

Ozzie is making himself look good, actually. I don't think anyone every loses or wins games by themselves, that's just the knee jerk reaction here in Detroit, but he hasn't played good.

I hope Dom will play backup. Every other person suggests that they think he won't do it..or that the thought of him doing it is perposterous...but if he would imo that would be proper and it would raise my opinion of his attitude.

And yes, Babs is definitely to blame if he keeps Hasek as starter.

I'm just getting really bitter about Ozzie being called backup, because he never truly has been. It's cute, I don't mind it...but we have 2 starters...if it's not clear now...seriously. Dom would never be a true 'backup' either...he should just get less games.

Edited by Offsides

Ozzie is making himself look good, actually. I don't think anyone every loses all games by themselves, that's just the knee jerk reaction here in Detroit, but he hasn't played good.

I hope Dom will play backup. Every other person suggests that they think he won't do it..or that the thought of him doing it is perposterous...but if he would imo that would be proper and it would raise my opinion of his attitude.

And yes, Babs is definitely to blame if he keeps Hasek as starter.

I'm just getting really bitter about Ozzie being called backup, because he never truly has been. It's cute, I don't mind it...but we have 2 starters...if it's not clear now...seriously. Dom would never be a true 'backup' either...he should just get less games.

Back up is a really "safe" place to be in Detroit, so I think it would fine for Dom. Shouldering the #1 spot in a place like Detroit is no picnic, especially in the New NHL. It's not like it was even a few years ago. Hence you see other goalies who "ought" to be in the top 10, down there in the bottom ten with Dom.

I am not sure Babcock sees either one of them as the clear starter at this point. I think he looks at the team they are facing and makes a decision on who's the better player to put in goal, or who is healthy and can go. Dom already knew he was not going to start as many games this season as last. He probably wouldn't have then, either, had Ozzie been healthy and available.

If the Wings take no responsibility at all for the game tonight, or for the horrible game they played in the loss in the Anaheim freak show game, and put those losses all on Dom, then my opinion of all of them just went way down.

But I believe they know better, so no worries here!

Is it time to start thinking of buying out Hasek, and have Howard back up Ozzie? When is it time to stop saying, "It's still early" when thinking of Dom's struggles? I'm not bashing anyone here, I appreciate what Hasek has done in a Wings jersey, but these thoughts have been crossing my mind, and especially after tonight's game.

I don't care if Howard isn't NHL ready, but I'm thinking he'd probably be a better option than Hasek right now.

I'm not worried about the loss tonight. And I'm not worried about Dom's SV % in the last 2 games, or on the season for that matter. 0-4 against the hawks is frustrating, but I'm not worried about that either.

What I am worried about are all the things that make Dom awesome that are missing from his game right now. The old Dom would have been out on top of Sharp on his breakaway goal. The only way the current Hasek could have been deeper in his net on the play would have been to remove the mesh. He looks like a shell of himself. Totally rattled, no confidence, and no swagger to his game. I realllly hope he can get it together. I think he can. Right now, it's worth the gamble for Babcock to keep playing him. How else are we going to know?

Is it time to start thinking of buying out Hasek, and have Howard back up Ozzie? When is it time to stop saying, "It's still early" when thinking of Dom's struggles? I'm not bashing anyone here, I appreciate what Hasek has done in a Wings jersey, but these thoughts have been crossing my mind, and especially after tonight's game.

I don't care if Howard isn't NHL ready, but I'm thinking he'd probably be a better option than Hasek right now.

how much money is left over to get a rent a goalie, if something happens to Ozzie? I can't picture winning the Cup with Howard in net, if Ozzie's not available, but that would be quite a story, wouldn't it? Once Dom is gone, he's gone. I hope the Wings brass have a backup backup plan, if they consider getting rid of Dom after four losses.

He doesn't look good, but I don't think giving up is the answer. But who knows? The agenda is to win, and if they think they cannot with Dom, and the answer is really removing him from the equation, then they should do that.

I'm not worried about the loss tonight. And I'm not worried about Dom's SV % in the last 2 games, or on the season for that matter. 0-4 against the hawks is frustrating, but I'm not worried about that either.

What I am worried about are all the things that make Dom awesome that are missing from his game right now. The old Dom would have been out on top of Sharp on his breakaway goal. The only way the current Hasek could have been deeper in his net on the play would have been to remove the mesh. He looks like a shell of himself. Totally rattled, no confidence, and no swagger to his game. I realllly hope he can get it together. I think he can. Right now, it's worth the gamble for Babcock to keep playing him. How else are we going to know?

you know him, too. That's the sign of Dom, off his game. Out of the net, yelling and screaming, into the game and in the zone -- that's Hasek on his game. I haven't seen it yet this season. I would love to know why. To everyone who constantly holler, "Stay in the net, Dom!" -- this is why you don't want that with him.

Edited by puckloo39

I agree that being 'back-up' here makes you beloved and as soon as you're starter you take all the heat...it's always been that way.

The Wings are responsible, but Dom hasn't been good. For Dom probably 90% would be bad, he's at 86% and dropping..., but he's not making saves he should make. I don't know what's going on with him...and maybe he'll snap out of it..but if Dom's not stealing games, he doesn't really have a value because that's what supposedly sets him apart from every other non-elite goalie in the league.

He's not stealing games...he's not even keeping us in them

Edited by Offsides

I agree that being 'back-up' here makes you beloved and as soon as you're starter you take all the heat...it's always been that way.

The Wings are responsible, but Dom hasn't been good. For Dom probably 90% would be bad, he's at 86% and dropping..., but he's not making saves he should make. I don't know what's going on with him...and maybe he'll snap out of it..but if Dom's not stealing games, he doesn't really have a value because that's what supposedly sets him apart from every other non-elite goalie in the league.

He's not stealing games...he's not even keeping us in them

I didn't know that they only hired Dom to steal games. That's the first time I've heard that, actually. I am going to go read some archives in DetNews and such, and see how I missed that. He's done so on occasion, certainly, but hasn't had to when the team played well. As it should be.

I thought they brought him back because he played very well last season, including being involved in getting to the third round for the first time since 2002. So, they must have thought he had some value.

Ah,well... I figure he can't go any lower, so the only direction left is up. Or out. I hope the Wings mgmt. handles it well, whatever they decide.

Edited by puckloo39