• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Booster313

Dom Bashers Welcome!

Rate this topic

I don't think you can give up on him yet. I think he's at least earn the right to get his game together. I say if he hasen't improved by Christmas, then you have to consider doing something. Whether it's making Osgood the starter or making a trade.

That said, the defense has given up too many odd man rushes. The Blackhawks shouldn't get 3 short-handed goals let alone 3 short-handed shots. I don't care who is net.

Edited by Reilly

Guest Canadian Wings

its nice to know we have a granda with pads in net

4 goals on 6 shots in the 2nd against st louis

2 goals on 6 shots in the first two tonight

awesome!

In Dom's defence he essentially faced 4 breakaways last night, though a few weren't full breakaways. He saved 1 of the 4, but let in 3 (and the fourth goal was a loose rebound). I'd like to see him saving a few more of these, but I'd also like to see our defence doing a better job of taking care of the puck a little better, but I doubt we'll see Lidstrom falling down and giving away a goal like that again.

Here are some other goalies with poor starts this season.

Kiprusoff - 19 games, 8 wins 8 losses 3 OT losses, 3.01 GAA and .888 SA% (I'd be more worried if Dom has that kind of a record after 19 games)

Broduer - 17 Starts, 6 wins 10 losses 1 OT loss. 2.70 GAA and .894 SA%

Roloson, Khabibulin, Toskala, Turco, and even Luongo hasn't looked particularly strong.

Give it time, I think most of these guys will turn it around at some point.

Guest LivingtheDream

The thing about Dom that nobody seems to remember here is that if he really feels he can't play, he will tell us AND GIVE BACK THE MONEY. When he had his groin injury he stated he just could not finish the season and even though he was 100% contractually entitled to a remaining 3 MILLION DOLLARS in pay he told Holland he would not take the money. That is class and loyalty way way way beyond the norm (and certainly beyond anything on this forum). Dom deserves a lot better than all this slamming here.

In Dom's defence he essentially faced 4 breakaways last night, though a few weren't full breakaways. He saved 1 of the 4, but let in 3 (and the fourth goal was a loose rebound). I'd like to see him saving a few more of these, but I'd also like to see our defence doing a better job of taking care of the puck a little better, but I doubt we'll see Lidstrom falling down and giving away a goal like that again.

Kiprusoff - 19 games, 8 wins 8 losses 3 OT losses, 3.01 GAA and .888 SA% (I'd be more worried if Dom has that kind of a record after 19 games)

Roloson, Khabibulin, Toskala, Turco, and even Luongo hasn't looked particularly strong.

Give it time, I think most of these guys will turn it around at some point.

You are right on, but good luck with this... same thing I have been saying. There are people here who either don't get it or don't want to. Ozzie was smart to be sick yesterday, as that game v. Chicago was not the one to throw Dom into for any type of come-back.

It's not likely the Wings will play another one like this. Whomever is in goal will benefit from that fact.

The thing about Dom that nobody seems to remember here is that if he really feels he can't play, he will tell us AND GIVE BACK THE MONEY. When he had his groin injury he stated he just could not finish the season and even though he was 100% contractually entitled to a remaining 3 MILLION DOLLARS in pay he told Holland he would not take the money. That is class and loyalty way way way beyond the norm (and certainly beyond anything on this forum). Dom deserves a lot better than all this slamming here.

Couldn't possibly say that any better. :clap:

Edited by puckloo39

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Wow? Really? I don't think Dom could have played to much better in the playoffs last year. I question your knowledge anyhow as soon as you said you only watched half the season. I am sure you are under the lake effects of Ozzy's recent play. I don't disagree that Ozzy is good but saying that Hasek was bad THE HALF of the season you watched last year is just crazy! Your fired, "gangsta"!

40-50 games is a pretty good indicator, and i do not remember one game where i was impressed, in fact only a couple of games where i didn't hate Hasek by the end of the night. And the playoffs were just awful. There was not one game other than the time we shelled anaheim 5-0 and the nabokov give away game that Hasek outplayed his competition.

Also his save precentage is last in the league. At first his light goals used to be excusable because of his highlight reel saves, but now even those are going away due to age and less flexability.

If you say im being blinded by Ozzie's recent play than i can make an even better argument that your being blinded by Hasek's play from 97-2002.

"In Dom's defence he essentially faced 4 breakaways last night, though a few weren't full breakaways. He saved 1 of the 4, but let in 3 (and the fourth goal was a loose rebound). I'd like to see him saving a few more of these, but I'd also like to see our defence doing a better job of taking care of the puck a little better, but I doubt we'll see Lidstrom falling down and giving away a goal like that again.

Give it time, I think most of these guys will turn it around at some point."

If dom played on anyone of those teams, with that type of defense he'd be the laughing stock of the leauge. were talking dan cloutier part 2.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Our team gave up some pretty lame breakaways but i will say however Dom is definitly playing very badly.. in his entire career i never would have thought he would have gave up 3 breakaways that the shots were all ice level!! I was about to pull out my hair man!? Dom gave up some very lame five hole goals and on all of the goals the puck was not in the air what so ever! I'm sure he will get it together but it was definitly sad to see those kind of shots go in on him :(

Maybe he's thinking about it too much because he did not stack his pads or sprawl or anything on those shots. He just played the shots on his knees and they went between his legs or around him everytime... Sigh.. Here is to Dom getting better!! Go Dom Go!! :clap:

Maybe he's thinking about it too much because he did not stack his pads or sprawl or anything on those shots. He just played the shots on his knees and they went between his legs or around him everytime... Sigh.. Here is to Dom getting better!! Go Dom Go!! :clap:

He has stopped playing his game, as he's always played it, for some reason. Hasek deep in the net is a problem, and that's where he is now. Hasek out of the net, yelling, smacking the stick on the ice, and playing like a wild man... that's Dom in form. That's not what I see, for whatever reason.

I think he will work it out, and we will see him back in form. All he needs is one good game, without the weird bounces and breakdowns in front of him, to get some level of confidence back. At least the Red Wings themselves have not given up on Dom, and he won't give up, either.

Does anybody else have the feeling that if his play stays at this level for another month, that Dom would walk away , retire, and leave the rest of this year's salary on the table? In his eyes, he wouldnt want to play anymore at the level he's at as a backup, and at the same time he'd be giving the team some more cap room and allowing them to call up Howard full time. I think this is a very distinct possibility, and if i was a betting man(which i am), its the scenario i'd go with.

Does anybody else have the feeling that if his play stays at this level for another month, that Dom would walk away , retire, and leave the rest of this year's salary on the table? In his eyes, he wouldnt want to play anymore at the level he's at as a backup, and at the same time he'd be giving the team some more cap room and allowing them to call up Howard full time. I think this is a very distinct possibility, and if i was a betting man(which i am), its the scenario i'd go with.

Someone as unpredictable as Dom can't really be predicted. I can't see him walking off and giving up, when there is nothing wrong with him, physically. Or so he says. I can see him doing whatever is best for the Wings, which could include leaving his salary on the table and leaving this to Ozzie.

If that happens, and the Wings go into a spiral -- which around here would mean losing, like, 5 more games this season :P - then I can see fans piling on Oz and blaming Hasek for leaving.

I can also see the scenario where, if Ozzie is out for any part of the playoffs, an untested Howard is left in goal for us. I have not had an opportunity to see Jimmy play, but a great training camp is probably not much of a basis for thinking he can step up this year or replace Hasek. I'd hate to see the Wings' future in goal with his confidence ruined, because people were too quick on the trigger to dump one of the best players the NHL has ever seen.

It's hard to believe Dom won't play better, as in his next game out. If he wins 4-5 in a row, this will all go away.

But there WOULD be something wrong with him physically. Not from an injury standpoint, but in the fact that his age has caught up him and he cant physically play goal at a decent level anymore. I'm not saying thats the case at this current point in time, just suggesting it if he indeed continued to play like this for another month. I just can not see him sticking around sitting on the bench with really bad numbers....he's too proud of a guy. The only reason he's still playing at this age is to start and lead the team to one last Cup. I'm one that believes Dom needs to keep playing, to find out whether this is just a funk or if its the real him. So im not one of those make Dom the back up right now or waive him bashers. I think the team needs him, but im very skeptical as to whether he's going to pull out of this. But i'd definitely give him the oppurtunity to do so.

But there WOULD be something wrong with him physically. Not from an injury standpoint, but in the fact that his age has caught up him and he cant physically play goal at a decent level anymore. I'm not saying thats the case at this current point in time, just suggesting it if he indeed continued to play like this for another month. I just can not see him sticking around sitting on the bench with really bad numbers....he's too proud of a guy. The only reason he's still playing at this age is to start and lead the team to one last Cup. I'm one that believes Dom needs to keep playing, to find out whether this is just a funk or if its the real him. So im not one of those make Dom the back up right now or waive him bashers. I think the team needs him, but im very skeptical as to whether he's going to pull out of this. But i'd definitely give him the oppurtunity to do so.

I agree, Lou.

Just think how great his conditioning will be, once he does get out of this funk. It's not easy working on your game, while all these complaining fans are piling on your back and weighing you down. ;)

I can't imagine this situation if he'd lost 10 games so far this year, instead of being the lucky sap in goal for the 4 losses.

I have to say for the BOOST to come in and start a negative Dom thread that means the panic button is on for the Dominator. Now I am officially worried boost!

Now I get it guys, he is playing awful right now. Hell I think he looks the worst in net in the entire league, maybe not the entire league but he is the worse looking goalie in the Central division. So per the norm Puckloo I agree 100% with your post. I want the winner in net BUT without sacrificing any chance of getting Dom back on the horse. There is no need to banish him, he has to play to improve but I don't think he is our number 1 guy though.

Always! Love both my goalies.

Oh and boost, no more crazy talk about Bryz

Worst in the league?! That's a ridiculous statement. Goalies are rated on GAA and save pct. For golaies that have played at least 10 games, his GAA is 9th worst. Both Khabibulin and Chris Mason are worse. As far as save percentage, the stats are meaningless. Why you say? Because he has not had enough shots on him. He has faced 199 shots on goal. There are 39 goaltenders that have faced more. You can't compare save percentages between a guy that faces 576 shots (Thomas Vokun) to a guy that faces 199.

What does this all mean? It means that it is too early to tell. After he has faced 300 or 400 shots (double what he has now) then we can compare.

He's not playing great, but it's way too early to panic.

He has stopped playing his game, as he's always played it, for some reason. Hasek deep in the net is a problem, and that's where he is now. Hasek out of the net, yelling, smacking the stick on the ice, and playing like a wild man... that's Dom in form. That's not what I see, for whatever reason.

I think he will work it out, and we will see him back in form. All he needs is one good game, without the weird bounces and breakdowns in front of him, to get some level of confidence back. At least the Red Wings themselves have not given up on Dom, and he won't give up, either.

That's exactly right, he isn't playing like a wild man like he normally does. I think part of that is that he's sitting back in the net watching the game at the other end of the rink. He needs more shots on him to get it going. Dom thrives on competition. He's not getting it now. He's best when he's making spectacular saves. There hasn't been a need for it in the last few games he played. Unfortunately, that means that the other team needs more chances and that's contrary to what the wings want to do.

While I support the notion that Ozzie should start until Dom can get his head together, none of that matters.

The Wings won't win the Cup with that tandem in net. They won't win the Cup with Howard and Ozzie either. The Wings need a gamebreaker in net. It would be nice to see the Wings aggressively pursue Bryz if he is available this offseason.

Didn't he pick a sick day against Edmonton in that fateful series in 2006 when there was talk that Legace would be pulled?

Inujured

While I support the notion that Ozzie should start until Dom can get his head together, none of that matters.

The Wings won't win the Cup with that tandem in net. They won't win the Cup with Howard and Ozzie either. The Wings need a gamebreaker in net. It would be nice to see the Wings aggressively pursue Bryz if he is available this offseason.

I am all for supporting Dom, but he should be more in the backup role right now. When and if he gets his act together they can tandom it for the season, whoever's doing better in playoff time should start for the playoffs...be in Hasek or be in Ozzie.

Ozzie and Hasek can both win Cups...and if we do lose in the playoffs it probably won't be either goalies fault. It'll probably be lack of scoring...like always. I know Bryzgalov is all nice and shiney but he's proven nothing. I doubt he'd come in and we'd just dominate the league. We have goaltending to win games, we need to address other issues. Only one team will win the Cup and odds are it won't be us...randomly picking any goalie in the league.

Inujured

I am all for supporting Dom, but he should be more in the backup role right now. When and if he gets his act together they can tandom it for the season, whoever's doing better in playoff time should start for the playoffs...be in Hasek or be in Ozzie.

Ozzie and Hasek can both win Cups...and if we do lose in the playoffs it probably won't be either goalies fault. It'll probably be lack of scoring...like always. I know Bryzgalov is all nice and shiney but he's proven nothing. I doubt he'd come in and we'd just dominate the league. We have goaltending to win games, we need to address other issues. Only one team will win the Cup and odds are it won't be us...randomly picking any goalie in the league.

Dom and Ozzie both can still win a Cup. The problem is with the team as is, neither of the two are good enough to make up for the other glaring holes (a second line scorer, and a top 4 dman). Unless Kenny can get those holes taken care of, the Wings need someone better in net.

As for Bryz, are you forgetting the 3 playoff series he won with the Ducks? No, he hasn't had a full season as a starter, but he has proven that he can carry the load in the playoffs and that is the most important thing.

Since when is Bryzgalov a gamebreaker? And if he's such a gamebreaker, how come no team wanted to give up anything of signifigance to acquire Bryz? Instead he was placed on waivers, and it wasent until the next morning when Phoenix of all teams claimed him.

I'll agree Bryz is a starter, but is by no means a gamebreaker.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Dom and Ozzie both can still win a Cup. The problem is with the team as is, neither of the two are good enough to make up for the other glaring holes (a second line scorer, and a top 4 dman). Unless Kenny can get those holes taken care of, the Wings need someone better in net.

As for Bryz, are you forgetting the 3 playoff series he won with the Ducks? No, he hasn't had a full season as a starter, but he has proven that he can carry the load in the playoffs and that is the most important thing.

Well, I don't think there is a goalie that can make up for all glaring holes..or more goalies on sucky teams would win Cups...like Luongo :hehe: We should just fill a couple holes and not worry about a goalie, becaue we're not getting Luongo.

But anyhoo. My main thing against Bryz is his inexperience. I've seen many flash in the pan goalies have good runs in times of need. I'm not saying he is...I'm just not certain he isn't. Also, he might eventually come to win a cup in a few years...but to come in next year and do it...nah. You and I both know that!

The sad thing about the playoffs is that it relies just as much on luck and boucnes and injuries as it does in skill and longevity and leadership...so the perfect team can still lose. A worse team can get hot and make it far. It's just weird. With all my watching I've never been able to predict (with acuracy) the teams that will crumble or the ones that will succeed. Sure, occasionally a seemingly destined team comes alone, but then again half the time you think that and they have injuries, or go cold...so yeah. I'm not going to put it all on the goalie.

Edited by Offsides

Here's a fact. Dom had 2 bad games in a row. Where are all the people who said "He NEVER has two bad games in a row. He always plays like a beast when he is humiliated the game before."

I wonder if he has ever had 3 s***ty games in a row. Well Babs, only one way to find out...