• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Do we need a few changes?

Rate this topic

Forgive me for being too simplistic here, but what on earth does Drake bring to this team? Veteran leadership? Extra grit? That scoring touch missing on the 4th line? I'm not going to pick on just Dallas here but I did question the signing when it was first announced and I'm still trying to see some sort of justification in it. I would sooner we had kept one

of the rookies and given them his 8 mins ice time. At least we would have been benifitng the org more by blooding in

our future stock and given them valuable experience. Having say Ryno come up and play on the 4th line with Kops

and Mule, would be a good start. Hell, maybe we even should have kept Grigs here, I'm sure he would have gotten

up to speed by xmas and we could have had a top 6 forward on our hands. I know its all ifs and buts, yet our top

brass always seem to shy away from having young guys and go towards the more senior guys. There excuse that

they aren't NHL ready may be right, but how do you get ready if you don't play at the level? Surely not by playing in

the AHL till your 23-24 yrs old!! Its time we took a gamble on guys and gave them a chance. I'm fed up seeing other

teams giving youth a chance and us standing still. Yes I know we haven't got the 1st round picks waiting to come in

like most other teams have, but we do have some talent that could flourish given the chance. Our last 1st round pick

should be here instead of Meech. Derek is a good player but he is never going to be more than a 6/7 D. Kindl is top 2

material and should be here learning his trade. Fish had 7 AHL games before he got the call, and Kindl has more natural talent than Jiri had at the same age. Get them here earlier is what i want to see. Then when they are 24 they will have

2-3 years NHL exp instead of a handful of call up games. But I'm afraid that our top brass let sentiment rule their brains

when it comes to decision making, when you look at some of their last transactions. So i have a hunch that it'll be the

status quo for the rest of this year at least, more's the pity.

I wouldnt want Kindl or Ryno on the Wings right now.

We need AN NHL DEFENCEMAN. Kindl isnt that, but we do need one. Lilja is just junk.

And we need another forward, a guy who gets 25-30 goals who can also get 20 or so assists.

Grigerenko sucks and wouldnt have done anything here.

No changes are coming till Febuary though, so were kicking a dead horse here.

Changes? yes.

to name a few.

Split the ZDH Up. Hudler and Flippula are starting to shine, imagine what they could do with some real talent surrounding them.

Franzen,Sammy,Lilja, Need to be packaged together or shipped out seperetly. Franzen there is still hope for. Sammy has trade value and by dumping him, its addition by subtraction. Lilja, Give me anything and ill be happy.

After everything is said and done id like our forwards to look like this.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Flipper - Jokinen - Gratton

Cleary - Draper - Maltby

Drake - Kopecky - Hudler

(Downey)

We Grabbed Gratton for Lilja.3rd Round Selection.

We Grabbed Jokinen for Franzen.Sammy.1st Round Selection in 08.1st round in 09.

Frankly, the only thing not "working" on our team is Hasek and Lilja. I'd rather not mess with the chemistry elsewhere. Even if Drake isn't doing anything right now, he's not hurting anything either. Hasek has been a total disappointment. Lilja is really sloppy. If Osgood were in net, we'd at least have a shot these last few games.

I'm really not keen on the D right noow at all. Lidstrom looks tired. And he should be. He's playing too much. Lebda's not playing well. Lilja has two modes: steady and completely aweful. Kronwall can be explosive, but not the best in own end as we saw on the Sharp garbage goal tonight. This team really misses Markov. No lie.

Up front, there are elements missing. Filpulla needs to play more on the PP. And he and Hudler need a big winger.

The D kind of scares me. There is alot of uncertainty after Lids and Raf. today was just an off day defensivly for both teams, Our's was on the PP we just got caught up in it.

Lebda/Chelios - Make a good team, but dont strike fear in anyone, Not Physical and not very Effective Offensivly, Lebda needs to use his speed more then just rushing the puck in. He needs to use it in the checkin department to make up for his size.

Kronner - Shows glimpses of promise, then the next game falls off the face of the planet.

Lilja - About as worthless as they get.

Meech - Solid 7th Dman, but nothing more, Dosnt shine in any aspect of the game, But Quincey is no better, so might as well let Quincey continue to be groomed in GR.

All i can say is that we need a Defensive Defencemen to impose there will physicaly against other folks.

Yes, I believe something needs to change.

First change, goodbye Hasek... or at least demote him to backup status for a couple of weeks. Osgood is obviously playing 10 times better right now and deserves to get the majority of the starts (see Gerber/Emery situation). I have never had a problem with Hasek until last year's playoffs when he could have made so many more saves instead of laying down like a snow angel and doing absolutely nothing constructive to stop the puck. This season hasn't been so bad with that but I have ZERO confidence in him when there is a break-away. Those two Bourque breakaways should have been stops. It's one thing when it's a really good shot or deke, but when Bourque just shot it THROUGH Hasek... that's just ugly.

I also agree that Drake doesn't bring much to our team. I'd rather have Ellis or Downey in over him. They provide a hell of a lot more energy and have a lot more speed and forechecking ability at this point.

Franzen looks like a tird out there... he isn't doing much and that's not good since he was projected to be the 2nd line wing and produce a good 20 goals or so.

I also agree that we need a hard-nosed defensive defensemen.... Markov would be nice, but oh well he's a greedy *******, so who else could be good?

Damn, it would have been nice to have a Bryzgalov/ Osgood tandem.... haha.

I truly do hate Hasek right now, he's worthless in my opinion. Until he shows me a solid game, I'm on the "Hasek's lazy and he sucks" bandwagon. :scared:

Not to start new goalie talks here, but i was at the game 2night... hasek just didnt bother to help out his teamates 2night. 3 of the goals went in because of our defense making a mistake... Thats where hasek needs to step up. BUT HE DIDNT.... UR WASHED UP HASEK.... you might have trophies to proove how good of a netminder you were. But you dont have it anymore..

i found it ironic because when he actually made a good save, the whole crowd applauded like it was "about time" and when ozzie makes a save. its just another save with no crowd applause because hes the better goalie

i agree that hasek is worthless, but as for the d...i find it is harder for them to play well when they have no confidence in their goalie

i would love to see our rookies play in favor of old veterans, i like drake too but would rather see ellis out there...and i really would love to see our top prospects like kindl and axelson and everyone, but that wont happen

The D kind of scares me. There is alot of uncertainty after Lids and Raf. today was just an off day defensivly for both teams, Our's was on the PP we just got caught up in it.

Lebda/Chelios - Make a good team, but dont strike fear in anyone, Not Physical and not very Effective Offensivly, Lebda needs to use his speed more then just rushing the puck in. He needs to use it in the checkin department to make up for his size.

Kronner - Shows glimpses of promise, then the next game falls off the face of the planet.

Lilja - About as worthless as they get.

Meech - Solid 7th Dman, but nothing more, Dosnt shine in any aspect of the game, But Quincey is no better, so might as well let Quincey continue to be groomed in GR.

All i can say is that we need a Defensive Defencemen to impose there will physicaly against other folks.

WOW!!! Do you actually watch any Wings games??? "Quincey is no better" ??? this guy played great defense for us in the playoffs as a rookie and this year, before he broke his hand, other TV anouncers were raving about Quincey's defensive play in his own zone in the pre-season! they were saying how Quincey's anticipation of other teams plays was fantastic!!

This guy is gonna be a GREAT DEFENSIVE Defensemen!!!

We need a backup that won't give away valuable points when the starter gets the flu...

I guess this is the start of running Hasek out of town :sly:

We need a backup that won't give away valuable points when the starter gets the flu...

What we need is the TEAM to play as a whole the way they did during the recent winning streak. The defense has been less than stellar recently.

Hasek has been worse than expected and Osgood has been playing well above his normal level. They've been splitting starts so far (mainly because of Hasek's injury) but Osgood has earned the extra time for now.

It'll be interesting to see which goalie reverses his current level of play first and subsequently this board's members' reaction.

Edited by CopenhagenWing

What we need is the TEAM to play as a whole the way they did during the recent winning streak. The defense has been less than stellar recently.

Hasek has been worse than expected and Osgood has been playing well above his normal level. They've been splitting starts so far (mainly because of Hasek's injury) but Osgood has earned the extra time for now.

It'll be interesting to see which goalie reverses his current level of play first and subsequently this board's members' reaction.

Were that to continue we wouldn't need the "Dominator's" services. In which case I see little need in reserving $4M in cap space for the less than "dominating" Dom that we currently have.

Is Ericsson a physical player for the Griffs? I hear he did well in pre-season and he seem's to be filling out his 6'5" frame, listed as 220lb

on the Griffs site. Maybe he is closer to coming up than some. Would

he be an upgrade on Lilja eventually?

First change, goodbye Hasek... or at least demote him to backup status for a couple of weeks. Osgood is obviously playing 10 times better right now and deserves to get the majority of the starts (see Gerber/Emery situation). I have never had a problem with Hasek until last year's playoffs when he could have made so many more saves instead of laying down like a snow angel and doing absolutely nothing constructive to stop the puck. This season hasn't been so bad with that but I have ZERO confidence in him when there is a break-away. Those two Bourque breakaways should have been stops. It's one thing when it's a really good shot or deke, but when Bourque just shot it THROUGH Hasek... that's just ugly.

Up until the playoffs??? Hasek stole some of those games imo, they definitely dont get that far without him. He had a 1.79 GAA and a .923 SV%,...for you to say you liked him up until the playoffs i dont get it at all. He played great. He wasnt the only reason they made it to the WCF, but he was the main one in my eyes.

Hasek has been atrocius this season though. With guys this age, a complete 180 can happen just like that in one offseason. You cant give up on him just yet though. Giving Osgood more games is fine, but you cant demote Dom yet to playing once every 5 or 6 games. Theyre still in first place and have the luxury of trying to see if he's really done or if he's just in a funk. I believe the thinking with management is that in order for them to make a deep run in the playoffs, they need Hasek. Osgood has played awesome and im not taking anything away from that, but i dont believe the confidence level is really very high in him for the playoffs. If Hasek continues to play horrible though, then you just have to go with Osgood and see what happens.

Up until the playoffs??? Hasek stole some of those games imo, they definitely dont get that far without him. He had a 1.79 GAA and a .923 SV%,...for you to say you liked him up until the playoffs i dont get it at all. He played great. He wasnt the only reason they made it to the WCF, but he was the main one in my eyes.

He didn't do well in the wcf. In all of our losses except one he let in at least 4 goals, and Detroit had 3 in each game. In the one game we lost 2-1 in OT, that would normally be relatively respectable but the goal he let in was that Selanne one. That goal irks me so much.

the wings need a little more firepower... not saying they wont be successful without it, but when the goalie has a bad game, you still have to have a chance to win the game... right now i dont think they do.

come febuary if the flames are out of the hunt, PICK UP HUSELIUS!!!!

He didn't do well in the wcf. In all of our losses except one he let in at least 4 goals, and Detroit had 3 in each game. In the one game we lost 2-1 in OT, that would normally be relatively respectable but the goal he let in was that Selanne one. That goal irks me so much.

Well, the fact that he had some bad games there and still ended up with those playoff stats overall just shows how great he was in the prior 2 series! Still though, he did give them 3 winnable games against the Ducks. Against a team with as much firepower as Anaheim had, that counts for something. Hasek was a key reason they were even to that point is what im saying.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Changes? yes.

to name a few.

Split the ZDH Up. Hudler and Flippula are starting to shine, imagine what they could do with some real talent surrounding them.

Franzen,Sammy,Lilja, Need to be packaged together or shipped out seperetly. Franzen there is still hope for. Sammy has trade value and by dumping him, its addition by subtraction. Lilja, Give me anything and ill be happy.

After everything is said and done id like our forwards to look like this.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Flipper - Jokinen - Gratton

Cleary - Draper - Maltby

Drake - Kopecky - Hudler

(Downey)

We Grabbed Gratton for Lilja.3rd Round Selection.

We Grabbed Jokinen for Franzen.Sammy.1st Round Selection in 08.1st round in 09.

that Jokinen deal wouldn't fly on a video game, much less in reality, and Holland wouldn't use 2 first rounders for a player, too much riding on youth and draft picks with the Salary Cap these days. Drake can go I join you in wondering why they signed him.

Damn, it would have been nice to have a Bryzgalov/ Osgood tandem.... haha.

I truly do hate Hasek right now, he's worthless in my opinion. Until he shows me a solid game, I'm on the "Hasek's lazy and he sucks" bandwagon. :scared:

Bryzgalov is UFA after this season, and Im going to assume his agent tells him to explore the FA market. I had read in a couple of places that Howard was running out of chances to impress; so I think you can figure out what Im getting at

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Forgive me for being too simplistic here, but what on earth does Drake bring to this team? Veteran leadership? Extra grit? That scoring touch missing on the 4th line? I'm not going to pick on just Dallas here but I did question the signing when it was first announced and I'm still trying to see some sort of justification in it. I would sooner we had kept one

of the rookies and given them his 8 mins ice time. At least we would have been benifitng the org more by blooding in

our future stock and given them valuable experience. Having say Ryno come up and play on the 4th line with Kops

and Mule, would be a good start. Hell, maybe we even should have kept Grigs here, I'm sure he would have gotten

up to speed by xmas and we could have had a top 6 forward on our hands. I know its all ifs and buts, yet our top

brass always seem to shy away from having young guys and go towards the more senior guys. There excuse that

they aren't NHL ready may be right, but how do you get ready if you don't play at the level? Surely not by playing in

the AHL till your 23-24 yrs old!! Its time we took a gamble on guys and gave them a chance. I'm fed up seeing other

teams giving youth a chance and us standing still. Yes I know we haven't got the 1st round picks waiting to come in

like most other teams have, but we do have some talent that could flourish given the chance. Our last 1st round pick

should be here instead of Meech. Derek is a good player but he is never going to be more than a 6/7 D. Kindl is top 2

material and should be here learning his trade. Fish had 7 AHL games before he got the call, and Kindl has more natural talent than Jiri had at the same age. Get them here earlier is what i want to see. Then when they are 24 they will have

2-3 years NHL exp instead of a handful of call up games. But I'm afraid that our top brass let sentiment rule their brains

when it comes to decision making, when you look at some of their last transactions. So i have a hunch that it'll be the

status quo for the rest of this year at least, more's the pity.

Only 2 things are needed to turn this around right now

1. Switch Datsyuk and Zetterberg's positions. Again, Dats got his best chances when he carried the puck up ice, right down the middle and took shots from the slot. And Zetterberg showed he can play left wing and score goals from the left side as he did last night. Listen to me Babs, i'm right on this one.

2. Put Aaron Downey back into the lineup. How many have we lost here recently? How many of those games was Downey in the lineup?

That's it. Its so simple.

There's more things not going well than what we can fix. Most of our garbage players don't have much trade value. Hasek needs to get his s*** together or be demoted to backup. Franzen looks like he's caught a case of Josh Langfeld Syndrome. Flip, Hudler, and Sammy are playing O.K. lately, so you can't blame them. I'd split our top line up just to see what happens. Likewise, Downey should be inserted in the lineup, because Drake gives us nothing that we don't have, he's 39 years old for crying out loud.