• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Keating is lazy and he sucks

Rate this topic

OMG....I cannot stand Keating, he is absolutely horrible. As mentioned before, I honestly can't believe that FSN keeps that idiot around.

He is.....such....aaaaaaa....pleasure to....watch....................................................................on game....nights.

He is.....such....aaaaaaa....pleasure to....watch....................................................................on game....nights.

I love... to hear... ahhhhhh.... the sound of.... my own...... voooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccceeeeeeeeeeee.....

Hello I am John Keating and the sexiest and most clever media man of all time. Watch me admire my own reflection in the camera's shine, mmm do I look good. Or ***? No, I look good. Mmmmm am I hot.

I don't care how bad Keating is. Until you've had to deal with Todd Walsh, you know nothing about the laziness and suckiness of sports broadcasters...

IPB Image

I get to watch Dave Strader and Darren Pang call Coyotes games (which is as entertaining as Ken and Mickey), and then this stuffed-shirt goofball shows up and is condescending to just about everyone he talks to.

He may very well be the first broadcaster to get leveled with a body check... intentionally.

I met Keating at the store I worked in Somerset a few years back before I knew his name (just knew that he was on FSN). When I was ringing him up (he had a pretty high tab and bought some nice apparel for his wife, so he probably makes decent money) I was like, "You're from FSN, right?" He said yes and I told him it was nice meeting him...even though I didn't even know his name.

It was weird because he seemed a bit grumpy and less enthusiastic in person. If I were to guess I'd say the writers feed him his ridiculous lines because he didn't seem like the type who could just come up with some witty line on a whim.

He's also a pretty big guy. I'm 6 feet and he was about an inch taller. Same with Chelios when I met him at that same store.

When I watch other teams' games I am so freaking glad for Keating and Redmond. count your blessings.

Amen to that...... the Kings, Blue Jackets and Predators are brutal just to name a few. Leafs, well they are in a minor league of their own in the announcing aspect.

I love... to hear... ahhhhhh.... the sound of.... my own...... voooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccceeeeeeeeeeee.....

Hello I am John Keating and the sexiest and most clever media man of all time. Watch me admire my own reflection in the camera's shine, mmm do I look good. Or ***? No, I look good. Mmmmm am I hot.

haha. I have never gotten that impression from him! more that he tries to pull of jokes and then just dont work. He tries to be clever and funny, and thats what makes him funny is he is trying too hard! haha But I dont think he thinks he is the greatest of all time. or that he is all that into his own good looks haha

John Keating is very irritating in the way he presents himself on camera. Just seems arrogant.

And if I have to listen to one more Britney Spears and Kevin Federline pop-culture reference I think I'm going to throw the remote at my TV.

OMG....I cannot stand Keating, he is absolutely horrible. As mentioned before, I honestly can't believe that FSN keeps that idiot around.

Ken Daniels is Mickey's partner, not Keating.

LoL yeah keating is the tool in the stands pregames haha... If they ever replaced Kenny with Keating... i might have to stick a fork in my ears to stop the verbal spam! They should just pair of Keating and Murphy... they are a match made in Sports commentary heaven.... or would that be hell :lol:

John Keating is very irritating in the way he presents himself on camera. Just seems arrogant.

Pompus comes to mind

And if I have to listen to one more Britney Spears and Kevin Federline pop-culture reference I think I'm going to throw the remote at my TV.

I know what you mean....was it Red Wings weekly where he said, "Hillary and Obama would love the Red Wings as they all lean left "(refering to all the lefty shooters on the Wings,) or something to that effect.

I was speechless. :(

I was at the Joe for the CCHA finals for pep band. The people in charge at the Joe put us in one of the corners, which so happen to be the one John was pregaming in. Him and my director got into it about us playing too loud and playing our fight song in support of our hockey team. There aren't many places to stick a band in the arena. However, John could have gone anywhere.

While his stupid jokes make me laugh in Red Wing pregames, he isn't very nice in person...

I was at the Joe for the CCHA finals for pep band. The people in charge at the Joe put us in one of the corners, which so happen to be the one John was pregaming in. Him and my director got into it about us playing too loud and playing our fight song in support of our hockey team. There aren't many places to stick a band in the arena. However, John could have gone anywhere.

While his stupid jokes make me laugh in Red Wing pregames, he isn't very nice in person...

Wow. What an *******.

He leans way too close into the players when he's interviewing them during intermission. For some reason, I get the feeling he has bad breath. People who get too close to you when they talk to you almost always do. :)

you beat me to it! i was going to tell the same story. it kinda seemed like he thought he was too good to be doing a college game, too. he had the whole "why am i even here?" look to him.

you beat me to it! i was going to tell the same story. it kinda seemed like he thought he was too good to be doing a college game, too. he had the whole "why am i even here?" look to him.

That's what I pick up from him personally.

My first impressions on people usually are accurate, though it'd be nice to be wrong here... but I get the feeling that he's probably an overly self-important tool, to say it nicely.

Also is it just me or does anyone else feel that adding Murph in the game time commenting has kind'ov disrupted the chemistry between Ken and Mick.. I love Murphy, but he just isn't meant to do commentating. Maybe post and pre game stuff, just don't mess with my favorite part about watching the wings on FSN.

What can I say, one of many many reasons that I don't bother with pre or post game shows.

Well the reason I do watch pre and post game shows is for the player interviews :) The way Keating talks kind of irks me. It sounds fake like it's being read off a teleprompter, which no doubt it is, but shouldn't a good reporter at least try to put some effort into it? Or maybe I am too picky :lol: